HOW COME THERE ARE NO ONDO STATE PLAYERS ON THE EAGLES?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: HOW COME THERE ARE NO ONDO STATE PLAYERS ON THE EAGLES?

Post by anointed »

Solowe wrote:With the exception of Seyi Olofinjana, I don’t really remember any player from the Old Ondo state making it to the Eagles.

Why do I say this?

Well, for about 2 seconds, I attended high school in this great, over educated part of Nigeria and I can tell you the kids there were just as enthusiastic about the game as any other part of Nigeria.

The principal’s cups were the best.

The rivalries between the schools were about a thousand years old between great institutions like Christ school, Aquinas, Oyemekun, Mary Immaculate and mercenaried-up, Egbe oba. I saw a lot of indigenous young players perform on these teams with just as much skill and aplomb as any where else in the nation. I also remember watching great local side like Housing and Works of Ado-Ekiti, all with young eager players who performed to appreciative and enthusiastic crowds.

Thus my question: how come more players from this area didn’t make it to the national team ?
Solowe , u shud have written in another colour? How could you compare OGSA with all those also rans. one of those schls could compare to us in number of Pricipal's Cips won. UP OGSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Akure4Life wrote:Gotti

The best team to come out of old Ondo state is Water Co-operation FC of Akure.
The best out of Ondo State was the Housing Corporation of the 70s. I say this even though my father worked at Water 13 yrs and was Chairman of the club at a time.

However I fell the current Sunshine Stars have surpassed all the other teams. Sunshine came from either Water or Housing.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

COOKING SPOON wrote:THE MOST EDUCATED PART OF NIGERIA IS AGBOR!!!!!!!!
Educated in drinking bad bad things.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Cristao wrote:
Solowe wrote:
Cristao wrote:
And you actually think they eat dog in Ondo town....and you are from Idanre

do they? it is one of those things i have heard a lot of peeps say and have accepted for truth .. if it isnt true i will be very happy...
BUT COME how do u know i am from idanre!!! :shock:
Cristao,

Make u no lie, you no be from Idanre! Na okitipupa be your home town :lol: :lol:
i am a true idanre boy .. infact both my parents hail from idanre .. akinmoladun and akinbobola ..

:D :D
R u related to the current Health Commissioner in Ondo State?

BTW, I work with Ondo ppl and I know dog meat is quite a delicacy. Whatever that's wrong with it anyway.

But if you want to really know the truth, just ask ingo to go and so hello to Ayo Akinfe and Awosika, then the world record will go that day. his also applies to any Akpan.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

i am quite behind on news .. who is the current health commisioner in ondo state ..
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Solowe,

This thread is quite interesting to say the least but then it is unnecessary cos with Nigeria, a country of 36 sates minus Abuja, even a team of 23 players to any of the major competitions would not suffice for all states to have at least one player each in the squad.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Cristao wrote:i am quite behind on news .. who is the current health commisioner in ondo state ..

Dr Remi Akinbobola
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

Dr Remi Akinbobola

he mite be .. i will ask my mom ...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

anointed wrote:Solowe,

This thread is quite interesting to say the least but then it is unnecessary cos with Nigeria, a country of 36 sates minus Abuja, even a team of 23 players to any of the major competitions would not suffice for all states to have at least one player each in the squad.
Annoited,

I find the topic interesting too, however my goal is not to promote tokenism or even comparative ethnic balance on the national team. My goal is to bring awarness to issues from a different perspective. We could very easily be talking about Zamfara state in under the same topic....which we will, if i have anything to do with it. :wink:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The best team to come out of Ondo state(then) was Akure Housing FC, in the days of tha Lawyer turned footballer what was his name again?.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Prince..This one is for you bro...
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re:

Post by Sir V »

oloye wrote:The best team to come out of Ondo state(then) was Akure Housing FC, in the days of tha Lawyer turned footballer what was his name again?.
My cousin played for Akure Housing in the 80s.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Are you saying that NFF has been so unfair to Ondo State players by refusing to consider their dog eating talents in deciding whether to invite them to SE?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Bump
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?