Breaking News-Desailly to get Ghana Coaching Job!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

munie
Egg
Egg
Breaking News-Desailly to get Ghana Coaching Job!

Post by munie »

Moves are underway, by the Ghana Football Association (GFA), to rope back in Marcel Desailly for the vacant Black Stars post, according to Ghanasoccernet

Ex-GFA chairman, Lepowoura MND Jawula is leading a high powered delegation in trying to convince the former France captain to reverse his decision to pull out of the race.

The shocking development follows reports on Friday that none of the interviewed applicants for the job would get the nod due to their inability to impress the panel during their interview sessions.

Others also believe the move is born out of a compromise by the GFA who are determined to mend sour relations with government following the latter’s posture of pulling out all of its support.

The GFA has always maintained they are also adopting the head-hunting procedure in securing a substantive replacement for Milovan Rajevac who departed his post in September.

Desailly announced his decision to pull out of the race in November citing delays in his appointment following assurances given to him he will secure the post as his reasons.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/S ... ?ID=200091
Baii
Egg
Egg
Re: Breaking News-Desailly to get Ghana Coaching Job!

Post by Baii »

God for him. I hope he changes his mind. He will have a lot to learn in a short time about African footie
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Igbanibo
Egg
Egg

Post by Igbanibo »

I thought he took his name off the list.
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Yeah Wouldn't you? I hope he takes the job. I think he'll be the right fit for the job, instead of all these people that end end abandoning the team and leaving everything in disarray. African teams never learn.
Igbanibo wrote:I thought he took his name off the list.
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

CMS wrote:Yeah Wouldn't you? I hope he takes the job. I think he'll be the right fit for the job, instead of all these people that end end abandoning the team and leaving everything in disarray. African teams never learn.
and what makes u think Desailly is all local??
don_mayor
Egg
Egg

Post by don_mayor »

guys ghanasoccernet is not a reliable source....
The Last DoN
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

What has Desailly achieved coaching wise, on any level to be offered the Ghanaian coaching job?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
don_mayor
Egg
Egg

Post by don_mayor »

Schillachi wrote:What has Desailly achieved coaching wise, on any level to be offered the Ghanaian coaching job?
what did dunga achieved "coaching wise", before being handed the brazil job?
The Last DoN
munie
Egg
Egg

Post by munie »

aykwes8 wrote:
CMS wrote:Yeah Wouldn't you? I hope he takes the job. I think he'll be the right fit for the job, instead of all these people that end end abandoning the team and leaving everything in disarray. African teams never learn.
and what makes u think Desailly is all local??

Because both of his parents are from Ghana and he was born in Ghana too.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

don_mayor wrote:
Schillachi wrote:What has Desailly achieved coaching wise, on any level to be offered the Ghanaian coaching job?
Sorry dude but I think its a valid question.

Ghana have a very strong team now with a nice blend of established and up-and-coming talent. They are coming off a very good 2010 and will likely be the pre-tournament favorites going into the 2012 ACN. They are on the cusp of breaking through and winning a trophy and I think at this point they need an experienced coach who can lead Ghana to glory. Desailly is nothing more than a sentimental choice. He has absolutely no coaching experience. None!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Heliopolis wrote:
don_mayor wrote:
Sorry dude but I think its a valid question.

Ghana have a very strong team now with a nice blend of established and up-and-coming talent. They are coming off a very good 2010 and will likely be the pre-tournament favorites going into the 2012 ACN. They are on the cusp of breaking through and winning a trophy and I think at this point they need an experienced coach who can lead Ghana to glory. Desailly is nothing more than a sentimental choice. He has absolutely no coaching experience. None!

It could work only if you have a ready made team in place, surrounded by experienced back room staff that can help Desaily. I believe it will work, Desaily was a smart player, being around the game for a long time, played at the highest level, coaching is not astro physics.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

don_mayor wrote:
culturally he's French he was not raised in Ghana
so what makes u think he know anything about being "eternally" loyal to Ghana
remrem

Post by remrem »

aykwes8 wrote:
don_mayor wrote:
What has being loyal to a country got to do with being a good coach? Now the main dialogue on the thread is drifting in another direction
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

remrem wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:
don_mayor wrote:
What has being loyal to a country got to do with being a good coach? Now the main dialogue on the thread is drifting in another direction
sorry i meant to quote munie
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

don_mayor wrote:
Well, we all saw what happened to Dunga, did we not?
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Really? so all the other Europeans you've hired before were locals? Please explain how you deemed those Europeans eternally loyal to Ghana?
aykwes8 wrote:
don_mayor wrote:

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Hmn! This coming from a staunch Siasia supporter. Which senior National Team did Siasia ever coach before?
Schillachi wrote:
don_mayor wrote:
Well, we all saw what happened to Dunga, did we not?

CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

These were your past coaches. How many of these guys were eternally loyal to Ghana? Were all of them born and raised in Ghana?
aykwes8 wrote:
don_mayor wrote:
Head coaches
Date appointed Manager name
2008–2010 Milovan Rajevac
2008 Sellas Tetteh (interim)
2006–2008 Claude Le Roy
2004–2006 Ratomir Dujković
2004 Sam Arday (interim)
2004 Mariano Barreto
2003 Ralf d#$%
2003 Burkhard Ziese
2002 Emmanuel Akwasi Afranie
2002 Milan Živadinović
2001–2002 Fred Osam-Duodu
2001 Cecil Jones Attuquayefio
2000 Fred Osam-Duodu
1999–2000 Giuseppe Dossena
1997–1998 Rinus Israël
1996–1997 Sam Arday
1996 Ismael Kurtz
1995 Petre Gavrilla
1994 E.J. Aggrey-Fynn
1993–1994 Jørgen E. Larsen
1993 Fred Osam-Duodu
1992–1993 Otto Pfister
1990–1992 Burkhard Ziese
1988–1989 Fred Osam-Duodu
1986–1987 Rudi Gutendorf
1984 Herbert Addo
1984 Emmanuel Akwasi Afranie
1982–1983 C. K. Gyamfi^
1978–1981 Fred Osam-Duodu^
1977–1978 O. C. Sampaio
1974–1975 Karl Weigang
1973–1974 Nicolae Nicuşor Dumitru
1968–1970 Karl Heinz Marotzke
1967 Carlos Alberto Parreira
1963 – 1965 C. K. Gyamfi^
1963 József Ember
1959–1962 Adreas Sjolberg
1958–1959 George Ainsley

aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

To CMS:
read my dialogue with CMS & Munie and u will understand my "eternal loyalty" allusion
you (CMS) was questioning the commitment of so called foregn coaches for abondoning african teams and "leaving everything in dissarray"

So i asked what makes you guys think Dessailly is also not after CV enhancement? its just my opinion but i dont think Ghanaians should view this man as 100% local. he's just as foreign as the rest of them
jus2nang
Egg
Egg

Post by jus2nang »

CMS wrote:Hmn! This coming from a staunch Siasia supporter. Which senior National Team did Siasia ever coach before?
At least he had coaching experience with age grade football.

Desailly hasn't even coached a school team. :boo:
Some people are simply useless in their current role, like the guy in my avatar...
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

And where exactly are you guys now with all your past world class choice coaches? Back to square one looking for another coach? Exactly where did Siasia coach before getting the age grade teams? It's all a matter of relevance, my friend, everyone starts from someplace.
jus2nang wrote:
CMS wrote:Hmn! This coming from a staunch Siasia supporter. Which senior National Team did Siasia ever coach before?

jus2nang
Egg
Egg

Post by jus2nang »

CMS wrote:And where exactly are you guys now with all your past world class choice coaches? Back to square one looking for another coach? Exactly where did Siasia coach before getting the age grade teams? It's all a matter of relevance, my friend, everyone starts from someplace.
jus2nang wrote:

Indeed everyone must start somewhere, but the senior national team of a serious nation is not it, perhaps a serious overhaul is in order. Ghana does not need a serious overhaul, we've gone from ANC bronze to ANC silver and from World Cup last 16 to World Cup quarter-final. We're making progress and we need someone to continue that progress.

Our past coaches have been decent to poor, we can't afford world class, but we can do better than a complete novice.
Some people are simply useless in their current role, like the guy in my avatar...
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

jus2nang wrote:
CMS wrote:And where exactly are you guys now with all your past world class choice coaches? Back to square one looking for another coach? Exactly where did Siasia coach before getting the age grade teams? It's all a matter of relevance, my friend, everyone starts from someplace.
jus2nang wrote:

Indeed everyone must start somewhere, but the senior national team of a serious nation is not it, perhaps a serious overhaul is in order. Ghana does not need a serious overhaul, we've gone from ANC bronze to ANC silver and from World Cup last 16 to World Cup quarter-final. We're making progress and we need someone to continue that progress.

Our past coaches have been decent to poor, we can't afford world class, but we can do better than a complete novice.
Kpom
NIGERIAN BADBOY!