Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:36 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:02 pm 

some refereeing decisions were bizarre yesterday, the rashford incident, the clear handball as well, this is where VAR is needed

Marko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:42 pm 

marko wrote:
some refereeing decisions were bizarre yesterday, the rashford incident, the clear handball as well, this is where VAR is needed

the rashford decision was 100% spot on.
Rashford head-butted Ben Mee. Red Card
Ben Mee got a deserved yc

The handball decision is too bizarre.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o

@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:02 pm 

1) We are not debating the Rashford red card.

2) We are debating why Phil Bardsley (who is not the same person as Ben Mee) did not also get a red card for the same incident. After all he demonstrated far more violent/physical acts than Rashford: he kicked Rashford off the ball (potentially a red card by itself) AND butted his head at Rashford too - TWICE! Rashford gets sent off for ONE head in the face and Bardsley stays on the pitch after THREE violent acts.

3) Ben Mee should also have been sent off for that handball (which he was NOT punished for). He was NOT yellow carded. 5 yellow cards were dished out in the match - none of them to Mee who handled the ball to stop a clear goalscoring opportunity. Amazing that of the 6 cards in the match (including the red), 4 went to Man Utd - despite the fact it was Burnley players who committed three violent acts and stopped a clear goalscoring opportunity with a last man handball.

tfco wrote:

the rashford decision was 100% spot on.
Rashford head-butted Ben Mee. Red Card
Ben Mee got a deserved yc

The handball decision is too bizarre.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:14 am 

Rashford was stupid to retaliate but the Burnley defender fouled him when there was no need, that was a bookable offence, the ref was not consistent, had a really poor game

Marko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:25 pm 

http://bestwnews.com/sport/why-man-city ... -sent-off/

Jonathan Moss is a tragic-comic excuse for a referee. His "performance" in the Man City v Burnley game at the weekend was shambolic. If I was a Burnley fan or player, I would be fuming:

1) How on earth did Kompany stay on the pitch after that wild and reckless studs up "tackle" into poor Aaron Lennon's groin?! It was more of an assault and battery than an attempt to win the ball:

Image[/img]

The ref let him get away with it because it happened in the first 30 seconds of the match.

2) Man City's second goal was farcical. First of all, Sane dived in a poor attempt to win a penalty. Everyone stopped - thinking the ref was going to award a penalty. He did not, and as the ball rolled out of play, David Silva (who was off the pitch AND returning from an offside position! :shock:) knocked the ball from behind the goal back into play, and came back onto the field of play without the ref's consent, to give the ball to Bernardo Silva, who scored after a move involving 4 separate rule infringements in the space of 2 seconds (dive, offside, ball out of play, player returning to field without ref's consent).

3) Then Sane somehow stayed on the pitch after a wild kung fu kick at poor Matt Lawton. The kick would not have been out of place in an MMA match.

4) City should have been reduced to 9 men.

Silva standing outside the field:

Silva playing the ball back into play from behind the line:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:13 pm 

How on earth did Shelvey escape a red card for that murderous X-Rated studs up assault on Pogba yesterday? Shelvey made no attempt to play the ball and simply stamped his studs high on Pogba's leg. The ref did not even give him a yellow card for a potentially career ending "tackle". :shock:

I am amazed that the Man Utd players did not make more of a scene of it. Too many pacifists in that dressing room. Imagine if an opposition player did that to a Man Utd player back in the days when they had Keane, Robson, Ince, Schmeichel, Bruce, Hughes, and Cantona in the team. It would have been WW3...