Obuh WILL GET US BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Obuh WILL GET US BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Gotti »

spastic wrote:Not even when the dates are in line with the claims Obuh made?
The unfortunate IRONY that keeps undermining your position...
Is that you want us to believe the INFORMATION proffered by the website, except for one (the DOB)!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

spastic wrote:I is sad that the questioners couldn't ask follow up questions, coz the minute Obuh made the statement about Philemon being his player at KUnited in 2009, after he brought Philemon with from Tornadoes in 2007/08, the first question that popped in my head was: So when did Philemon get to Niger Tornadoes?
What stop you asking the question?
*JESUS LOVES YOU* More Than You Know

"When we die we leave behind us all that we have, and take with us all that we are."
Lou The Blue
Egg
Egg

Post by Lou The Blue »

His own agent says he was born in 86.

http://www.voiceoftheplayer.com/pdf/Phi ... ochure.pdf

Is it possible that there are two players, Philemon Daniel and Daniel Philemon?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Lou The Blue wrote:His own agent says he was born in 86.

Now this is funny.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lou The Blue wrote:His own agent says he was born in 86.

The same "agent" also listed him as having played at 'Niger United'... :oops:
Again, don't know Daniel (or his age) but these websites are hardly useful sources of information.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

If the NFF were serious they would have a credible age investigation unit - it is a major issue and the culprits need to be rooted out!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dr Cristao wrote:If the NFF were serious they would have a credible age investigation unit - it is a major issue and the culprits need to be rooted out!
I doubt that the NFF would be interested in any such unit...

As it would deprive them the flexibility of "plausible deniability". Rather, in the usual Nigerian manner, this problem would be pursued in the usual ad-hoc manner of lurching from one crisis to the next (with each person raising his voice higher than his predecesor to advertise his/her purported 'moral' credentials) and thereafter wallow in the mass delusion of scapegoating -- until the next crisis! Meanwhile, the basic (and rather elementary) underlying systemic issue remains largely ignored.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

@ColinUdoh tweet:
Our guest on #SuperSportTNF tonight is U20 coach John Obuh. So tweet via the hashtag, or call in 01-2771238/9
*JESUS LOVES YOU* More Than You Know

"When we die we leave behind us all that we have, and take with us all that we are."
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

kdk4christ wrote:@ColinUdoh tweet:
Our guest on #SuperSportTNF tonight is U20 coach John Obuh. So tweet via the hashtag, or call in 01-2771238/9
Wait! Can I ask the question now?
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

kdk4christ wrote:
spastic wrote:I is sad that the questioners couldn't ask follow up questions, coz the minute Obuh made the statement about Philemon being his player at KUnited in 2009, after he brought Philemon with from Tornadoes in 2007/08, the first question that popped in my head was: So when did Philemon get to Niger Tornadoes?
What stop you asking the question?
My inept technology skills. That is on me, but can I get another opportunity, or can someone else ask it? For example, a news reporter with access to the coach?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]niyi[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Otitokoro[/color] wrote: According to the Kwara FC website, he joined Kaduna United FC when he was 9
From the Kwara FC Website:
http://www.kwaraunitedfc.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=65
DANIEL PHILEMON
PlayerStatistic Full Name : DANIEL PHILEMON
Position : Full back

Born: 20th November 1992. Native: Chukun in Kaduna State. Height: 1.62m. Previous Clubs: Kaduna United FC (2001-2003; Niger Tornadoes FC of Minna (2003-2008); Position of play: Central midfielder; Remarks: The engine room and nucleus of the team, versatile playmaker. The team is built around him. Highly disciplined, diligent very respectful and meticulous. He is the first Assistant Captain of the team
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: This has officially turned into a joke. Maybe Philemon Daniel is a very dedicated investigative journalist. lol
Is it out of the extra ordinary for a young boy, with promising skills, who knows a coach of a prominent club, to get registered with the club and only feature intermittently for such club? Is it possible Daniel was registered with Kaduna Utd at 9 years old but never played first team football for them, then got tranasferred to Niger Tornadoes and got some playing time with them? We are talking about NFF, an organization that doesn't have a proper structure on who is registered for clubs.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]spastic[/color] wrote: Even on the Kwara United website, it still claims Daniel was born in 92, making him 9 when he played for K-United in 2001.
You made a great leap of assumption by saying simply because he was registered with a club meant he played and had an active role with the club. The question 1 needs to find out is how many matches did he play in and how many minutes did he get to play when he joined the league? As I mentioned before, is it out of the extra ordinary to find talented kids registered with a club due to extenuating circumstances?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

You sef, judge it.
You once lived in Nigeria and if you ever truly followed the game, do you ever recall that happening? I have followed Nigerian football since the late 70's and cannot pick one example of that happening.
Not saying it's impossible BUT in the Nigerian context, it is HIGHLY doubtful that happened. That's why it is debatable the kid is under 21.
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]niyi[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Otitokoro[/color] wrote: According to the Kwara FC website, he joined Kaduna United FC when he was 9
From the Kwara FC Website:
http://www.kwaraunitedfc.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=65
DANIEL PHILEMON
PlayerStatistic Full Name : DANIEL PHILEMON
Position : Full back

Born: 20th November 1992. Native: Chukun in Kaduna State. Height: 1.62m. Previous Clubs: Kaduna United FC (2001-2003; Niger Tornadoes FC of Minna (2003-2008); Position of play: Central midfielder; Remarks: The engine room and nucleus of the team, versatile playmaker. The team is built around him. Highly disciplined, diligent very respectful and meticulous. He is the first Assistant Captain of the team
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: This has officially turned into a joke. Maybe Philemon Daniel is a very dedicated investigative journalist. lol
Is it out of the extra ordinary for a young boy, with promising skills, who knows a coach of a prominent club, to get registered with the club and only feature intermittently for such club? Is it possible Daniel was registered with Kaduna Utd at 9 years old but never played first team football for them, then got tranasferred to Niger Tornadoes and got some playing time with them? We are talking about NFF, an organization that doesn't have a proper structure on who is registered for clubs.
Last edited by Otitokoro on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Dr Cristao[/color] wrote: If the NFF were serious they would have a credible age investigation unit - it is a major issue and the culprits need to be rooted out!
Do you know for certain one doesn't exist?

MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: After so much chest beating, noise making, screaming... Back to square one as always... Nothing changes...
Soldier of Fortune...
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Dr Cristao[/color] wrote: If the NFF were serious they would have a credible age investigation unit - it is a major issue and the culprits need to be rooted out!
Key word credible.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]spastic[/color] wrote: Even on the Kwara United website, it still claims Daniel was born in 92, making him 9 when he played for K-United in 2001.
You made a great leap of assumption by saying simply because he was registered with a club meant he played and had an active role with the club. The question 1 needs to find out is how many matches did he play in and how many minutes did he get to play when he joined the league? As I mentioned before, is it out of the extra ordinary to find talented kids registered with a club due to extenuating circumstances?
Okay lets back it up a bit. We know from this claim:
According to my own records of Philemon Daniel, he was part of the Niger Tornadoes FC team as early as 2004. The following is quoted from the following article from AllAfrica, dated 02.05.2005:

“Thereafter it was a balanced affair by both teams as Gateway brought in the pair of Henry Osadolor and Ibrahim Ajani to light up their attack while Tornadoes, intent on avoiding another away defeat, substituted Solomon James with Philemon Daniel while Philip Auta replaced Shedrack Chuba.”
That was a report from 2005. So we know for Certain he was playing competitve 1st team football in 2005. So according to the record Daniel must have been 12 years and 6 months when he made a substitute appearance in Fevruary of 2005. Now we are not talking about registering, but actually a report that sites him actually playing in a game :idea:
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

I wonder if our journalists will look into this ... seriously.

x
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Well he got away with fielding Fortune at the U17 WC so he must think it's okay to continue in the U20..
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

I am for real, I am going to suit up for the U-17 team.

x
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

General Trousers wrote:I am for real, I am going to suit up for the U-17 team.

x
Soldier of Fortune...
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

So the coach called people's bluff, and the noise continues. :)
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
Does one exist?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8