ELIAKWU IN INTER SQUAD VS EMPOLI

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg
ELIAKWU IN INTER SQUAD VS EMPOLI

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

Inter head coach Alberto Zaccheroni has selected 20 players for Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 17 match at home to Empoli:

Goalkeepers: Alberto Fontana (12), Francesco Toldo (1)

Defenders: Daniele Adani (15), Jeremie Brechet (31), Ivan Cordoba (2), Carlos Gamarra (24), Thomas Helveg (13), Giovanni Pasquale (26)

Midfielders: Matias Almeyda (25), Emre Belozoglu (5), Fabrizio Biava (29), Javier Farinos (14), Giorgios Karagounis (19), Sabri Lamouchi (8), J.Zanetti (4)

Strikers: Julio Cruz (9), Isah Eliakwu (33), Obafemi Martins (30), Andy van der Meyde (7), Christian Vieri (32)
Last edited by Okochadman2Nas on Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

The boy is saying all the right things. Good luck to him and Martins at Inter.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

This is almost 100% sure, because Eliakwu was NOT involved in today's Youth League game. This means that he is expected to be part of the squad for tomorrow's game. I suspect, whether he makes it to the bench will depend on the "vieri" situation. The club has had disciplinary issues with the player this week, and it is not yet clear whether he will play this weekend's Serie A game.

I don't expect Eliakwu to play a part in the game but it would be good if he is on the bench for the first time in a Serie A match and not during the "lesser" Italian Cup games.
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

Paveman wrote:This is almost 100% sure, because Eliakwu was NOT involved in today's Youth League game. This means that he is expected to be part of the squad for tomorrow's game. I suspect, whether he makes it to the bench will depend on the "vieri" situation. The club has had disciplinary issues with the player this week, and it is not yet clear whether he will play this weekend's Serie A game.

I don't expect Eliakwu to play a part in the game but it would be good if he is on the bench for the first time in a Serie A match and not during the "lesser" Italian Cup games.
it will be a big step for him
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

HE SHOULD KEEP DOING HIS BEST.THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FOR THIS YOUNG

MAN.
who no know go know.
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

- After making his debut for the first team in Tuesday's Tim Cup match away to Udinese, Isah Abdulahi Eliakwu has remained with the first team for training. It's a dream come true for the young Nigerian striker, born in Lokoja on 25 October 1985.

At Inter since 2002, 'Aly' has played under coaches Corrado Verdelli and Daniele Bernazzani. "He has incredible speed," said Zaccheroni's assistant. "He has to play with his team-mates more and attack spaces better. But he's very, very good."

Current Primavera boss Bernazzani said: "The boy has great potential. I'm sure he can improve a lot. He can become more clinical in front of goal, play more with the team and make more movements off the ball."

So far this season the 18-year-old has impressed with with eighteen goals in nineteen matches for the youth team. Enough to earn him three call-ups to Zac's squad and his first appearance in Udine. "I'm very happy. I still find it hard to believe it has happened," said Eliakwu about his debut. "I'm really pleased to have had this chance."

When he came on in the second half at the Friuli, he partnered good friend Oba Martins in attack. "It's a big incentive for me to have the chance to play with him," added Aly. "He's a great player and he's also a very great friend. I'm proud of him and I'm happy when he plays and does well."
Africana
Egg
Egg

Post by Africana »

How does this guy compare with Martins?
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

Africana wrote:How does this guy compare with Martins?
i heard that he's got pace like martins and shoots on target more but paveman would know better
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Well. Eliakwu is much less strong than Martins but he has equal pace and possibly better on the ball. In fact, I would say he is a lot like Benjamin even though Benjamin is probably a bit smaller and quicker.

Okochadman:

Change the title. Eliakwu is in the list for tomorrow 's game. This has just been confirmed by Inter coach Zaccheroni. However, it is a 20 man list so it remains to be seen whether he will make it to the bench. There are 5 attackers listed: Vieri, Martins, Cruz and Van der meyde apart from Eliakwu.
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

Paveman wrote:Well. Eliakwu is much less strong than Martins but he has equal pace and possibly better on the ball. In fact, I would say he is a lot like Benjamin even though Benjamin is probably a bit smaller and quicker.

Okochadman:

Change the title. Eliakwu is in the list for tomorrow 's game. This has just been confirmed by Inter coach Zaccheroni. However, it is a 20 man list so it remains to be seen whether he will make it to the bench. There are 5 attackers listed: Vieri, Martins, Cruz and Van der meyde apart from Eliakwu.
thanks paveman
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

20 NERAZZURRI CALLED UP FOR EMPOLI CLASH
Saturday, 17 January 2004 19:05:33
APPIANO GENTILE - Inter head coach Alberto Zaccheroni has selected 20 players for Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 17 match at home to Empoli:

Goalkeepers: Alberto Fontana (12), Francesco Toldo (1)

Defenders: Daniele Adani (15), Jeremie Brechet (31), Ivan Cordoba (2), Carlos Gamarra (24), Thomas Helveg (13), Giovanni Pasquale (26)

Midfielders: Matias Almeyda (25), Emre Belozoglu (5), Fabrizio Biava (29), Javier Farinos (14), Giorgios Karagounis (19), Sabri Lamouchi (8), J.Zanetti (4)

Strikers: Julio Cruz (9), Isah Eliakwu (33), Obafemi Martins (30), Andy van der Meyde (7), Christian Vieri (32)

This means Eliaku will likely see action
Africana
Egg
Egg

Post by Africana »

Paveman and Okochadman:

Thanks for the info.