Some players have left Faro to play club games in Europe

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

This is ridiculous albeit I do not expect any better from a CCC led camp.
...but with God all things are possible...
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Robbynice,

shouldn't you have something to say in defence of NFA? :?
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

This is ridiculous albeit I do not expect any better from a CCC led camp.
it is not just CCC fault...i thik the NFA carries some blame too..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Not a bad ploy at all if you ask me. Why sj=hould the rest suffer at their clubs for the sacrifice they are making for the country while the captain and his vice are having the best of both worlds. Well done CCC. Very good man management if you ask me. At least the restfeel as valuable as those in the premiership.
To stop trying is to start dying
Tolu

Post by Tolu »

Nigerian Players are bunch of pussies. Diouf is now with senegal, Geremi with Cameroon, yet babayaro kanu aiyegbeni, okocha still...
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg
Re: Some players have left Faro to play club games in Europe

Post by sunshinestar »

Paveman wrote:Some of the players at camp have left Faro on special permission to play for their club sides this weekend. These include the Belgian-based players. It seems that the decision was taken after the no-show of the English-based professionals this weekend. The technical team thought it unfair on the remaining players in the 22 to be discriminated against. Some opted to stay behind because their clubs would not play them since they have been in Faro over two weeks, but others like Joseph Enakarhire who are indispensable for their clubs, have taken the opportunity to go back to play the weekend games with their clubs. the agreement is that they will return to camp immediately after the game.
Unfortunately for Standard,they are on the receiving end of a 1-3 bashing to Muscron!
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Thats Naija for u.
Until we stand against these mercenaries our footie will never grow.
The chaps that turned up early in camp, you know why they did?
Them never dey sure of their shirt.
In the next three or four years, the likes of Osaze, Obodo, Enyeama etc will do exactly what these so called big players are doig now.
Where is MAshaba?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

this is a big curse we dey face, i am not joking
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Robbynice wrote::(
Considering you're one of the blinded optimists and FA/Chukwu loyalists, methnks you should a wee bit more than ":(" to say
Last edited by theYemster on Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

Standard try o,they scored 2 goals in the last 2 minutes to level up 3-3!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tolu wrote:Nigerian Players are bunch of pussies. Diouf is now with senegal, Geremi with Cameroon, yet babayaro kanu aiyegbeni, okocha still...
I fail to see how you can solely blame the players and yet not blame the Coach and FA that are unable to manage and control them.

Is it because what some say about you and Chukwu is true?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Paveman wrote:To be honest, I'd like to hear what the other people who have "news" at the camp have to say... because I'm curious to know how many and who actually left.
PAVEMAN:
I understand that only Udeze and Enakharire took the opportunity granted to leave for their club engagements this weekend (I have no information on Osaze), and they are expected back at Faro tonight or Sunday morning.

Of course the ideal situation would be that everyone should be in camp 14 days to the tournament as stipulated by the FIFA rules. But as that is not the case, I support (albeit hesistantly) Chukwu's action to grant EVERYONE who wants it permission to go play for their clubs this weekend.

ALL national team players should be treated EQUALLY, and if the Premiership Gang (acting with the NFA support) has secured permission to play for their clubs (some reportedly until Tuesday or Wednesday), the SAME courtesy should be extended to EVERY member of the squad.

The players who left to play for their clubs this weekend are at no greater risk of injury than the Premiership players who remained with their clubs, and why should they be quartered in what effectively be a "gulag" in Faro if those that they are supposed to 'blend' with are nowhere to be found!
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Gotti wrote:
Paveman wrote:To be honest, I'd like to hear what the other people who have "news" at the camp have to say... because I'm curious to know how many and who actually left.
PAVEMAN:
I understand that only Udeze and Enakharire took the opportunity granted to leave for their club engagements this weekend (I have no information on Osaze), and they are expected back at Faro tonight or Sunday morning.

Of course the ideal situation would be that everyone should be in camp 14 days to the tournament as stipulated by the FIFA rules. But as that is not the case, I support (albeit hesistantly) Chukwu's action to grant EVERYONE who wants it permission to go play for their clubs this weekend.

ALL national team players should be treated EQUALLY, and if the Premiership Gang (acting with the NFA support) has secured permission to play for their clubs (some reportedly until Tuesday or Wednesday), the SAME courtesy should be extended to EVERY member of the squad.

The players who left to play for their clubs this weekend are at no greater risk of injury than the Premiership players who remained with their clubs, and why should they be quartered in what effectively be a "gulag" in Faro if those that they are supposed to 'blend' with are nowhere to be found!
Ha!!

I knew you would eventually come round. We are making progress with this therapy. Please make sure you attend all consultations with your Doctor next week. :D

....and your humble pie bonus awaits when you're done. :D
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

PaJimoh wrote:At least they'll maintain match fitness under competitive games. All playrs should have been in camp together. Most of the friendlies should have been used to gell the team. It's like we are still in CCC's "getting to know you" phase. The only difference is, he's been forced to select 222 players due to ANC
And what if they get injured?
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Gotti:

very sane analysis. Those are my exact thoughts on the matter. I think the problem was the ORIGINAL decision to accede to the UK players requests to stay with their clubs all this week. In my opinion they should have reported to camp the full 14 days before.

Enakarhire was on the 18-man squad to face Mouscron. (i checked the standard liege website) I don't know if he got any playing time. I understand Udeze left too (his club figured in a 0-0 away draw). Osaze I gather is still at Faro but his club play on Monday night so I don't know whether he intends leaving camp tomorrow or on Monday morning.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Gotti: Just to add - The only players who have club commitments this weekend (apart from the players that have not yet arrived to camp obviously) are Enakarhire, Osaze and Udeze and utaka and Abbey (who did not go). Utaka has a game tomorrow evening whilst Osaze's game is Monday as mentioned above.

The rest have not yet started their leagues so I don't want in any way to blame joe or ifeanyi for deciding to honour their club commitment since they were given that option.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Paveman I am not surprised by Gotti's comment; don't be f00led by it; he cleverly and conviniently ignored the fact that Chukwu didn't and cannot manage the players and enforce the rules;...can you now see that Chukwu and in effect most LCs cannot manage the SE? Rather than be seen to be forced to discipline Okocha and Kanu et al, Chukwu rather preferred to disband the entire team less than a week to the tourney.

How can players expected to be playong in a big tournament starting in less than a week be playing for their clubs a few days to the start? It's not just about injuries but also about focus and mentality. All because they want a "black" man as coach. Keep deluding yourselves.

What a joke.
Last edited by theYemster on Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

TY: I agree with you.

Gotti was right when he said CCC couldn't do otherwise than send them Enakarhire, Udeze and others away.

The problem was that CCC had PREVIOUSLY made a mess by not being strict enough with his UK-based players (and Agali). I still believe that they should have been asked to adhere to the 14 day policy or else thrown out. That is why I respect Shakes Mashaba.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

............ and two wrongs make a right in colo land.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

PAVEMAN:
Please ignore YEMSTER. With all due respect to him , I have come to realize that he apparently (1) does not understand the relevant FIFA rules, (2) misapprehends the respective roles of the caoches and the FA, and (3) does not comprehend the distinction between club management and national team management. Without a grasp of these concepts, it is quite difficult to undertake a rational discourse on some of the issues raised herein.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gotti while we're at it why not ask Chukwu to go help out Ikhana in the u23; after all we won't be playing our first game until Tuesday. This way Okocha them can play the weekend league games and Chukwu won't need to be forced to discipline them. You and your cousin Bell clap for yourselves, at least a local coach is supposedly in "charge".

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gotti wrote:PAVEMAN:
Please ignore YEMSTER. With all due respect to him , I have come to realize that he apparently (1) does not understand the relevant FIFA rules, (2) misapprehends the respective roles of the caoches and the FA, and (3) does not comprehend the distinction between club management and national team management. Without a grasp of these concepts, it is quite difficult to undertake a rational discourse on some of the issues raised herein.
Translation: you have no defence.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Gotti: Forget the Yemster for a second. But please answer me.... Don't you think CCC has made a grave mistake in not enforcing the 14-day rule?

Even if CCC wanted to enforce the rule (or else throw out those who did not respect it...) should not he have resigned if the NFA did not allow him to drop these players or ensure that they are in camp at the right time???