I FINALLY REWATCHED THE NAIJA BRAZIL GAME WITHOUT SENTIMENT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
I FINALLY REWATCHED THE NAIJA BRAZIL GAME WITHOUT SENTIMENT

Post by ugly boy »

we were not that bad.............besides the lapses and a few goal keeping errors the scoreline was not a good reflection of the game....Ekong is not as bad as I touted him to be...He is an average player....KANU still belongs in the starting 11 ...he seems to partner well with anyone...be it jag or aiyegbeni....until we see a jag aiyegbeni combo..Kanu is still the man....

WE CAN WIN IT IN TUNIS but we have to be on our game....

I guess I was emotional the first time I watched the game
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I FINALLY REWATCHED THE NAIJA BRAZIL GAME WITHOUT SENTIM

Post by 27 »

ugly boy wrote:we were not that bad.............besides the lapses and a few goal keeping errors the scoreline was not a good reflection of the game....Ekong is not as bad as I touted him to be...He is an average player....KANU still belongs in the starting 11 ...he seems to partner well with anyone...be it jag or aiyegbeni....until we see a jag aiyegbeni combo..Kanu is still the man....

What's this? CCC being honoured by his foremost critic? EW will feel all alone.
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

same thing any objective person would have said after watching the game. I been saying it since that that coreline was not a true reection of that game.

The opening exchanges definitely belonged to the SE, and a goal in that time would have worked wonders for confidence.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Uglyboy,

Nigeria played badly in that game. Don't forget that same Brazil team was slaughtered by Cameroun at the federation cup.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

okocha needs to cut the showboating

Kanu was awesome

Okoronkwo was awesome

CCC----no comment...bringing on obodo as striker :mrgreen:
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

I would have loved to watch Abbey in that match.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Sir V wrote:Uglyboy,

Nigeria played badly in that game. Don't forget that same Brazil team was slaughtered by Cameroun at the federation cup.
honestly unless u watch that game 3 months later after the emotions don comot for ur body u no go see anything positive about the game...we were not that bad..if we start olofijana and ekueme/ekong in the middle and push okocha right or left it won't be bad.....aiyegbeni on the bench for JAG ...lawal and udeze combo on the left not bad at all....
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

CCC should have subbed aiyegbeni earlier than he did...Nworgu should have come on early

Nworgu should have gone to tunis not that wastepipe agali
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

ugly boy wrote:

honestly unless u watch that game 3 months later after the emotions don comot for ur body u no go see anything positive about the game...we were not that bad..if we start olofijana and ekueme/ekong in the middle and push okocha right or left it won't be bad.....aiyegbeni on the bench for JAG ...lawal and udeze combo on the left not bad at all....
I have the tape and i have only wathced it twice. Rubbish.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Ugly: What did you think of enakarhire's performance in that game?
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

ugly boy wrote:

Would you suggest the following:

--------------------------------- Goal keeper -----------------------------

Abbey --------------- Yobo ------------------- Okoro ------------ Udeze

--------------- Olofinjana ------------------------ Lawal -----------------

Osaze --------------------------- Kanu -------------------------- Okocha

--------------------------------- Aghahowa --------------------------------
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

why is it that our midfield just backs up and concedes space to the opponents when being attacked...jj is the master of this..goes in for no tackles..jj needs to move to the right or left if we play 4-4-2....ekong was the only one going in for tackles

CCC's mentality of a winning eagles is modeled after the 94 team...we depended on the right side crosses too much and they didnt work...
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Paveman wrote:Ugly: What did you think of enakarhire's performance in that game?
if i rank the 11 players he'll be in the last 3 in performance...he wasn't impressive at all...but he played out of position
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

The Observer wrote:
ugly boy wrote:

Would you suggest the following:

not bad at all....i won't actually mind seeing ekong in for lawal in that position...he seems to have more fuel than lawal....

KANU is a footballer of a kind and he is unjustly attacked on this forum...I expect a good nations cup from him...I was one of those that advocated him on the bench but I've changed my mind...I'd rather start kanu than experiment a partnership of JAG and Aiyegbeni....it may end up being the best partnership but for now we really dont know how well they'll combine
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

uglyboy, Would you suggest the following:

ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

The Observer wrote:uglyboy, Would you suggest the following:

i would also like to see JAg run around and attack from different sides like Henry ...he should play a free role with Kanu moving foward as the point man....agha will be expected to score..i would like to see him mobile like henry running into kanu's flicks.....i don't want agha as a target man like in the world cup
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

ugly boy wrote:we were not that bad.............besides the lapses and a few goal keeping errors the scoreline was not a good reflection of the game....Ekong is not as bad as I touted him to be...He is an average player....KANU still belongs in the starting 11 ...he seems to partner well with anyone...be it jag or aiyegbeni....until we see a jag aiyegbeni combo..Kanu is still the man....

Hmmm. First, it was Ayo and now Ugly Boy is back in the fold. So who's next???
Wonders shall never cease, indeed. I only hope that you guys are becoming objective for real and not just tryna avoid the humble pie that's bound to come.
Anywayz, from the way things are going, I feel that Waffiman and MI5 are gonna be alone, as lone rangers, in the cold pretty soon.
Last edited by Cyber Saint on Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

now this is a lie kamefake did not slaughter Samba pls dont lie
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

emm emm fine bhoy abeg u fit hook Bigpokey with the tape , de only time them show am for FSW I dey work
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

emm emm fine bhoy abeg u fit hook Bigpokey with the tape , de only time them show am for FSW I dey work
where u dey ?
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

obodo must go to anc!!!! kai!!!
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Men that game we were trying to play like Brazil,actually our boys draw those Brazillians like Okra.Utakka killed Brazils LB but didnt do much,Brazils RFB was killing!Only if Enyeama could have concentrated harder and our defence was alert it could have been a different story.Nigeria played better than Brazil they scored against the run of play.But losing at home atthat scoreline to a Brazillian team that was basically their 2nd team was not good at all.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

omey2k4 wrote:Men that game we were trying to play like Brazil,actually our boys draw those Brazillians like Okra.Utakka killed Brazils LB but didnt do much,Brazils RFB was killing!Only if Enyeama could have concentrated harder and our defence was alert it could have been a different story.Nigeria played better than Brazil they scored against the run of play.But losing at home atthat scoreline to a Brazillian team that was basically their 2nd team was not good at all.
you are right ....our RB sucked big time...also gk...and with yobo back in defence the story will be different in the ANC......kanu still good....lawal and ekong weren't that bad..both average...enyeama was thrash