Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 73197
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:30 am
Posts: 305
kalani JR wrote:
dizzle wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
tfco wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
You say club player like it's a derogatory term, when the highest level of football is played at club level.


then the 'lower level' international football should be a breeze abi.


If Man United wins the FA Cup and League and fails in the league cup are they chokers?



Let's call it as it is..this was a choke job by Argentina, including Messi. If Man U are perennial winners of FA Cup and EPL and don't live up to the occasion when they get to the big stage of UEFA Champions League...then they may be considered chokers/jokers.


If they win the Champions League and League but lose the FA Cup are they still chokers?


Geez no offense but you are applying backward logic here .... Champions and league cups are more cherished than FA Cups..nobody will give a damn about FA cup if you are winning league and Champion. Zidane dominating and winning World Cup and European Cup for France means more than any stuff he did with his club. The Priority goes (descending order)

World Cup
Euro cup/Nations Cup/Copa America
Champions League
league
FA cup
Etc


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3289
dizzle wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
dizzle wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
tfco wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
You say club player like it's a derogatory term, when the highest level of football is played at club level.


then the 'lower level' international football should be a breeze abi.


If Man United wins the FA Cup and League and fails in the league cup are they chokers?



Let's call it as it is..this was a choke job by Argentina, including Messi. If Man U are perennial winners of FA Cup and EPL and don't live up to the occasion when they get to the big stage of UEFA Champions League...then they may be considered chokers/jokers.


If they win the Champions League and League but lose the FA Cup are they still chokers?


Geez no offense but you are applying backward logic here .... Champions and league cups are more cherished than FA Cups..nobody will give a damn about FA cup if you are winning league and Champion. Zidane dominating and winning World Cup and European Cup for France means more than any stuff he did with his club. The Priority goes (descending order)

World Cup
Euro cup/Nations Cup/Copa America
Champions League
league
FA cup
Etc


Champions League is the highest level of football there is in the world let's get this straight here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76775
Location: Earth
Delusional

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 73197
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Image

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 73197
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
:lol: :lol: :lol:
for Messi fanboys who like to mention Ronaldo in every conversation...

Image

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29723
Location: Canada
Club player extraordinaire! Outside Barcelona? Very ordinary player. :taunt: :lol: But to Messi fanboys, he is the greatest player since the beginning and end of the multiverse. :lol:

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29723
Location: Canada
tfco wrote:
Image

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29723
Location: Canada
kalani JR wrote:

If they win the Champions League and League but lose the FA Cup are they still chokers?

Kid, learn to reason. The World Cup is like the FA Cup in your eyes? Let me help you out.

The FA Cup is a season long competition where you meet all manner of worthless local teams; it is a competition which the major clubs in the country do not take as seriously as they take the League title; it is a competition in which the big clubs have to manage playing in it against various other competitions, so sometimes they may not invest their best in seeking to win it.

The World Cup is a short, very intense, four week sprint, in which everything is put aside to win this most prestigious of competitions, and everyone comes with their very best game. Everyone comes to this competition fired by nationalism (well, most, France in 2010 a notable exception), and the knowledge that the world is truly watching, and recognizing the dangers of failing to perform--some players cannot safely return to their home countries if they do badly, they and their children suffering all kinds of harassment. They come to the world cup with a fierce desire to win, driven by a fire that cannot be found in the local competitions. The best elevate their game at the World Cup for very good reasons indeed. The competition is intense, the desire to prevent the great from embarrassing players is ever present. The great must come to the World Cup determined to play better than they play at their clubs.

If Messi cannot elevate his game when he comes to this great and history-making tournament, cannot demonstrate that he has that "fire," then there is something seriously missing from his "greatness". If he fails to win a World Cup, he will rightfully disappear from the GOAT debate like Cruyff, who was also once said to be "greater than Pele."

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:30 am
Posts: 305
kalani JR wrote:
dizzle wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
dizzle wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
tfco wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
You say club player like it's a derogatory term, when the highest level of football is played at club level.


then the 'lower level' international football should be a breeze abi.


If Man United wins the FA Cup and League and fails in the league cup are they chokers?



Let's call it as it is..this was a choke job by Argentina, including Messi. If Man U are perennial winners of FA Cup and EPL and don't live up to the occasion when they get to the big stage of UEFA Champions League...then they may be considered chokers/jokers.


If they win the Champions League and League but lose the FA Cup are they still chokers?


Geez no offense but you are applying backward logic here .... Champions and league cups are more cherished than FA Cups..nobody will give a damn about FA cup if you are winning league and Champion. Zidane dominating and winning World Cup and European Cup for France means more than any stuff he did with his club. The Priority goes (descending order)

World Cup
Euro cup/Nations Cup/Copa America
Champions League
league
FA cup
Etc


Champions League is the highest level of football there is in the world let's get this straight here.


This man, you get this straight, your statement probably only applies to few Clubs in the world..the Barcelonas, Bayerns and Reals because they have the most concentration of stars in one place, it doesn't apply to teams like the Liverpools and Ajax, compared to there corresponding National teams.

Besides, the accomplishment of winning with your National team outweights what you do with your club..get it?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:54 pm
Posts: 16171
Location: Ray's Boom-Boom Room
Nothing but a club footballer yet... :roll:

1 u-20 Gold

1 Olympic Gold

Best player at a WC.

Lost finalist in a Copa America, where only he in his team converted his PK.

Okay...... :blink:

_________________
To God be the glory


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 30181
Messi has done very well. It's not easy making two finals in a year at the world cup and now at Copa America. Those are monumental achievements.
Perhaps he doesn't have quality players in his team to win these trophies. The time for a one man gang is over in football as teams are now more strategically balanced.

_________________
Image
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:29 am
Posts: 4114
Simpletons kind of reasoning in the Messi debates eg George Weah Ryan Giggs, George Best were useless since they could not qualify their teams to the world cup.

_________________
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 2499
Mudi E wrote:
Messi has done very well. It's not easy making two finals in a year at the world cup and now at Copa America. Those are monumental achievements.
Perhaps he doesn't have quality players in his team to win these trophies. The time for a one man gang is over in football as teams are now more strategically balanced.

Mudi, you don dey fall my hand-o. Who among these players is junk?
# Pos. Player Date of birth (age) Caps Goals Club
1 GK Sergio Romero February 22, 1987 (age 28) 58 0 Italy Sampdoria
2 DF Ezequiel Garay October 10, 1986 (age 28) 26 0 Russia Zenit
3 DF Facundo Roncaglia February 10, 1987 (age 28) 4 0 Italy Genoa
4 DF Pablo Zabaleta January 16, 1985 (age 30) 48 0 England Manchester City
5 MF Fernando Gago April 10, 1986 (age 29) 57 0 Argentina Boca Juniors
6 MF Lucas Biglia January 30, 1986 (age 29) 28 0 Italy Lazio
7 MF Ángel di María February 14, 1988 (age 27) 59 11 England Manchester United
8 MF Roberto Pereyra January 7, 1991 (age 24) 6 0 Italy Juventus
9 FW Gonzalo Higuaín December 10, 1987 (age 27) 47 23 Italy Napoli
10 FW Lionel Messi (c) June 24, 1987 (age 28) 97 45 Spain Barcelona
11 FW Sergio Agüero June 2, 1988 (age 27) 60 23 England Manchester City
12 GK Nahuel Guzmán February 10, 1986 (age 29) 3 0 Mexico UANL
13 DF Milton Casco April 11, 1988 (age 27) 0 0 Argentina Newell's Old Boys
14 MF Javier Mascherano June 8, 1984 (age 31) 111 3 Spain Barcelona
15 DF Martín Demichelis December 20, 1980 (age 34) 44 2 England Manchester City
16 DF Marcos Rojo March 20, 1990 (age 25) 31 1 England Manchester United
17 DF Nicolás Otamendi February 12, 1988 (age 27) 19 1 Spain Valencia
18 FW Carlos Tevez February 7, 1984 (age 31) 68 13 Italy Juventus
19 MF Éver Banega June 29, 1988 (age 27) 28 4 Spain Sevilla
20 MF Érik Lamela March 4, 1992 (age 23) 10 1 England Tottenham Hotspur
21 MF Javier Pastore June 20, 1989 (age 26) 18 1 France Paris Saint-Germain
22 FW Ezequiel Lavezzi May 3, 1985 (age 30) 39 4 France Paris Saint-Germain
23 GK Mariano Andújar July 30, 1983 (age 31) 11 0 Italy Napoli
23* GK Agustín Marchesín March 16, 1988 (age 27) 2 0 Mexico Santos Laguna

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:43 pm
Posts: 18941
Location: Nsukka
Bigpokey24 wrote:
this Messi has zero effect at international football.. it is as clear as daylight, that this guy shines because of the Barca midfield. I wasn't the only one talking about his lack of class when it comes to international football.. he went missing in WC 2006 ,WC 2010 and now was all over the place vs Bolivia

:clap: :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Was Messi mystique a creation of the media?
First he perfected the art of diving against the Naija "under 21" team during that FIFA final (can't remember )
Then secondly, he can confidently walk into any teams defense knowing that any slight touch and he will fall to the ground writhing in fake pain. So no defenders touch him. Even Enyeama is happy to see him score against Naija (goalie was not exactly mad when that free kick went in during the W.C)

_________________
Just give time a chance. It will replace without bias:
~ beauty with ugliness
~ affluence with poverty
~ arrogance with humility


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:40 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44030
Messi is simply the best. In fact when put side by side, Messi has scored more goals for Argentina than Maradona.

Football is a team sport and even the best players in the world are largely dependent on their team mates for success. Messi is just as good as his team. When his defenders concede or his team mates fail to score, there is only so much he can do. Anyway the guy is still young. He'll have many chances to do well with Argentina

As for BP and TFCO, their behavior goes to show the virulent losers they are. They have nothing better to do than to emerge from their miserable situations and gloat over Messi's NT travails.. Na wa O!

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 73197
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
YUJAM wrote:
Messi is simply the best. In fact when put side by side, Messi has scored more goals for Argentina than Maradona.

Football is a team sport and even the best players in the world are largely dependent on their team mates for success. Messi is just as good as his team. When his defenders concede or his team mates fail to score, there is only so much he can do. Anyway the guy is still young. He'll have many chances to do well with Argentina

As for BP and TFCO, their behavior goes to show the virulent losers they are. They have nothing better to do than to emerge from their miserable situations and gloat over Messi's NT travails.. Na wa O!


connect...the....dots

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76775
Location: Earth
Yujam, be nice...do not attack me because messi can't win anything without barca

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:29 am
Posts: 4114
The argument against Spain in 2014 World cup was because Iniesta and Xavi did not have Messi. Go figure...................

_________________
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 31130
Location: Your worst Nightmare
asabe wrote:
The argument against Spain in 2014 World cup was because Iniesta and Xavi did not have Messi. Go figure...................


Come on dude really? How many teams have won the WC back to back?

Spain won the Euros in 2008 and the WC in 2010, so how silly is your argument?

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:56 pm
Posts: 7291
Location: Hidden with Christ Jesus
airwolex wrote:
asabe wrote:
The argument against Spain in 2014 World cup was because Iniesta and Xavi did not have Messi. Go figure...................


Come on dude really? How many teams have won the WC back to back?

Spain won the Euros in 2008 and the WC in 2010, so how silly is your argument?


It's incredibly laughable that any soccer follower would say that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:31 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 34507
theDunamis wrote:
airwolex wrote:
asabe wrote:
The argument against Spain in 2014 World cup was because Iniesta and Xavi did not have Messi. Go figure...................


Come on dude really? How many teams have won the WC back to back?

Spain won the Euros in 2008 and the WC in 2010, so how silly is your argument?


It's incredibly laughable that any soccer follower would say that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some times you just ignor the silly things people write.Iniesta and Xavi has world cup and Euro but we are yet to see Messi win anything for argentina.Also all what Messi has won for barca is simply because he play with the likes of Xavi and Inniesta.
Waiting for him to move to another club and win those stuff


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 73197
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
airwolex wrote:
asabe wrote:
The argument against Spain in 2014 World cup was because Iniesta and Xavi did not have Messi. Go figure...................


Come on dude really? How many teams have won the WC back to back?

Spain won the Euros in 2008 and the WC in 2010, so how silly is your argument?


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

he must be east african

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cally, Google [Bot], hestonap, Kabalega, kajifu and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group