I love Jay Jay but this is taking the biscuit.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

JJ IS the captain. He has been quite vocal about our need of 'good preparation'.
i agree that a major tourney is not exactly the ideal trial ground BUT considering we do not play friendlies and do not know how to effectively utilise the few we play. Its worth the risk. Besides,the major replacements for Okocha all play first team football(Obodo,Oruma and Odemwingie). Their teams all played in Europe or are still in Europe. And these guys are not exactly first timers.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
BabaNaija
Egg
Egg

Post by BabaNaija »

If this is true, I just feel bad for those that had been in camp earlier on.
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

platinum,
If memoryserves me right - this was the case in the last WC, you know how Nigeria came out in that touranment
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
Okocha10
Egg
Egg

Post by Okocha10 »

Why all this bashing on JJ? na e fault say Niaja no gree pay am? work without pay is not fun, football is suppose to be a fun game. Many other players on that team will say and do the same thing, Bolton pays the man's check you guys should remember that.
<b> EGBON MEKUS OF CYBEREAGUS</b>
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

I'm lost for words!
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ijapa,

that was the WC and the 3 sides we played are eons stronger than most sides in the ANC. With the exception of Senegal and Cameroon.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

Okocha10,
By the way - nobody has bashed JJ yet - in fact it is more of the shock we feel from his blase approach to the tournament.

He is normally the consummate professional and it is dissappointing to witness this
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

May the good Lord deliver Nigerian Football from the last vestiges of mafia from the class of 1996 after this ANC - A -m-e-n
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
BabaNaija
Egg
Egg

Post by BabaNaija »

Okocha10 wrote:Why all this bashing on JJ? na e fault say Niaja no gree pay am? work without pay is not fun, football is suppose to be a fun game. Many other players on that team will say and do the same thing, Bolton pays the man's check you guys should remember that.
Heck, Arsenal might want to keep Kanu beyond sunday them or till after the first ANC match. This is not bashing but I feel bad Oga is really over-bending his back here.
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

platinum, Now tell me how many sub-saharan countries were in the WC.

Who sez we are better than them? Have we played them yet? Have u seen Mali's form of recent? We should not get carried away with our perceptions of grandeour.

these countries want a scalp and our lack of preparation and overconfidence may get the better of us
Okocha10
Egg
Egg

Post by Okocha10 »

The difference between Okocha staying till after the arsenal game and kanu is that Okocha is the core of his team while kanu makes no difference on that Arsenal Squad, infact he might not even see action.
<b> EGBON MEKUS OF CYBEREAGUS</b>
BabaNaija
Egg
Egg

Post by BabaNaija »

Okocha10 wrote:The difference between Okocha staying till after the arsenal game and kanu is that Okocha is the core of his team while kanu makes no difference on that Arsenal Squad, infact he might not even see action.
thats what i thought too but with the current injury list and the lack of depth of the team, Kanu dey see small action lately o. I don't know where you've been.

Welcome back eniwe.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

platinum wrote:Robbo,

we can thrash this issue till daybreak and i will continue to ask. How is Martins a traitor? dont get me wrong,i'd have liked to see him in the GWG but what if he failed to deliver like a certain Bartholomew? he'd be crucified. what if he lost his place in an increasingly competitive inter attack? There's lota of time for him and the other young men to come thru. He made his stance clear from day 1 and that was good enough for me. We knew about it so we should have made adequate alternate arrangements instead of crying like the idiots that we are increasingly becoming.
Besides,when the U-17s dropped his @ss a while back,supposedly because he was too small and didnt have 'connection' in camp,were was the FA?
I don't have a problem with Martins if he said he didn't want to play. But the fact that he did not make his stance clear from day one contrary to what you believe. In fact he had told Ogunjobi and Galadima in various meetings that he would play for the country even going as far as letting them know when he would get to camp in faro. The fact that he kept on dribbling officials and we the fans is what led me to believe he is a traitor. He should go to blazes for all I care. No player even Oga JJ is bigger than the SE.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

No doubt. It is always something big when nigeria falls in the ANC. Mali celebrated big time at the last ANC and that was just for drawing us. Yes,i know all about the Maliens and how strong they are at the moment, but there's that winning tonic which u cant buy. Its something about being used to winning.Its the difference between champions and the others. Its what makes RealMadrid stand above Deportivo la Coruna or Valencia. Its the reason Bayern are more dreaded than Sttutgart or Leverkusen.
JJ is not indispensable,you'd rather a half-fit JJ than an Obodo or Odemwingie? With a good,experianced supporting cast,i'd rather have these young guys than an indisciplined JJ.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

platinum wrote:Robbo,

we can thrash this issue till daybreak and i will continue to ask. How is Martins a traitor? dont get me wrong,i'd have liked to see him in the GWG but what if he failed to deliver like a certain Bartholomew? he'd be crucified. what if he lost his place in an increasingly competitive inter attack? There's lota of time for him and the other young men to come thru. He made his stance clear from day 1 and that was good enough for me. We knew about it so we should have made adequate alternate arrangements instead of crying like the idiots that we are increasingly becoming.
Besides,when the U-17s dropped his @ss a while back,supposedly because he was too small and didnt have 'connection' in camp,were was the FA?
You r talking too much sense
azuka

Post by azuka »

No matter the circumstances, all the players at their clubs are culpable - apologies to attorney in the house. I wish CCC has balls to drop all these players here and now, but unfortunately he does not. Situations like this make one crave for a certain Clemens Westerhoff, "Oko Oya".
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Robbo,

too true. that is my one grouse with him,leading ogunjobi and galadima on. But on the other hand,i think it was crystal clear from day 1 that he didnt want to don the GWG yet. Only the blind refused to see that fact.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

If Sunday Oliseh is having a field day then he is a disgrace to his country!

Now do you see why the timing of the tournament is wrong?

No fear though Naija will be ready!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

RudeBoy wrote:If Sunday Oliseh is having a field day then he is a disgrace to his country!

Now do you see why the timing of the tournament is wrong?

No fear though Naija will be ready!
I pray so my Brother..
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Nothing is wrong with the scheduling if all involved show due respect to FIFA statutes.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bell

Post by Bell »

PLATINUM

Thanks for reminding all that the players had been calling for proper preps. And when the chance came they sabotaged it.
Bell
Bell

Post by Bell »

TIME FOR SOLUTIONS

SHORT TERM
(1) Let C3/NFA as those who haven't shown up not to bother. Recall Obodo and Melkam.

(2) Let them show up but bench them.

LONG-TERM
I've said this before. If Nigeria adopts a policy of building the team around the homeboys allowing foreign legion members only if they indicate an interest. Then they'd have to obey the rules. Unless tough measures like these are adopted, the foreign legion will see no reason to amend their arrogant ways.
Bell
Egunje
Egg
Egg

Post by Egunje »

Bell wrote:TIME FOR SOLUTIONS

SHORT TERM
(1) Let C3/NFA as those who haven't shown up not to bother. Recall Obodo and Melkam.

(2) Let them show up but bench them.

LONG-TERM
I've said this before. If Nigeria adopts a policy of building the team around the homeboys allowing foreign legion members only if they indicate an interest. Then they'd have to obey the rules. Unless tough measures like these are adopted, the foreign legion will see no reason to amend their arrogant ways.
Bell

I don't want to sound unpatriotic, but the only way we can learn from all this mess is if the SE perform woefully in this ANC (such as not even qualifying from the group stages), then lots of heads will roll and the big boys will be held more responsible and the EPL guys (except Yobo and Udeze) might be banned from SE.
But if we mistakenly perform well, then we continue with the assumption of "trieving under confusion", and the same bad preparation will be carried over to the world cup qualifier, which might cost us the WC06 ticket.