Read this-NFA appears not to support Okocha staying back!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wazobia
Egg
Egg
Read this-NFA appears not to support Okocha staying back!!!!

Post by wazobia »

Jay-Jay Okocha is almost certain to extend his stay at Bolton into next week. That would make the Nigerian available for the Carling Cup semi-final first leg against Aston Villa on Wednesday.

'There is a possibility I will play against Villa because I have been fighting with the Nigerian Football Association,' he told Bolton's in-house TV station after the 1-0 victory against Portsmouth.

'I have stayed until this time and I don't see what will change in the next few days.

'I have been in the national team almost 11 years and I expect them to give me something in return.

'It is better for them to reason with me. We don't have a big squad at Bolton, so it is very important I stay as long as I can.

'I don't see what effect I will have not being involved in Nigeria's preparation period.

'I expect them them to understand I have a role to play here. I think they are beginning to realise that.

'Of course I can understand the manager but I have to stay on until the last minute.

'I have known the manager for a long time, so we have a very good relationship. But the pressure is from the people back home (the FA) because they feel he can't control the team.'
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

If that is not an indictment on Chukwu's managerial capabilities (or lack of thereof) I dunno what is.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

It seems to be...
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
BabaNaija
Egg
Egg

Post by BabaNaija »

This portrays our NFA as weaklings where man-o man-o is the rule of the day.

Its not healthy at all. Oga: Choose ye who thou serveth!

You can't serve two masters at a time. :(
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Haven't we already discussed this earlier today?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

BabaNaija wrote:This portrays our NFA as weaklings where man-o man-o is the rule of the day.

You're being extreme - its give and take in the club v country issue.
BabaNaija
Egg
Egg

Post by BabaNaija »

Ijapa wrote:
BabaNaija wrote:This portrays our NFA as weaklings where man-o man-o is the rule of the day.

You're being extreme - its give and take in the club v country issue.
I know. I be Oga shriner but if he uttered those comments, I feel bad for the boys that had been in the camp all along but did not make it (Obodo them get club too). Besides he was given a yard but this is taking more than ten yards...

THe team chemistry need to be built first if we intend to win anything.
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

BabaNaija, no get me wrong I no supoort Im comments at-all...! at-all...!!.

I'm sure if it were just another player - he would have been told to forget his invite - now we are talking about one of the best footballers in the world.

He is not thinking of the team and wants to walk in and out as he pleases. What can we do - bench him...?

He knows the SE need him more than he needs them
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

The SE does not need JJ, it's lazy coaches like most of our LCs and FCs like Bonfere Jo who rely on him.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

He shouldn't go for the ANC,he has just lost his life savings with that unscrupulous nigerian bank,and he needs to earn more money now. :(
daddyrich
Egg
Egg

Post by daddyrich »

theYemster wrote:If that is not an indictment on Chukwu's managerial capabilities (or lack of thereof) I dunno what is.

I beg to disagree! If Jay-Jay spoke like this before the final list of 22 was sent to CAF, and he still made the squad, then I would blame C3.

At this juncture it is the NFA that should enforce international football rules.
Baxter Onigbinde's second coming is the most disingenious stint ever in Nigerian coaching history.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

daddyrich wrote:
theYemster wrote:If that is not an indictment on Chukwu's managerial capabilities (or lack of thereof) I dunno what is.

I beg to disagree! If Jay-Jay spoke like this before the final list of 22 was sent to CAF, and he still made the squad, then I would blame C3.

At this juncture it is the NFA that should enforce international football rules.
Dude, even though the final list has been sent, Chukwu can still bench him if he wants to but Okocha knows he won't hence his comment...and BTW, I think we can still amend the list only that we'll get fined.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
daddyrich
Egg
Egg

Post by daddyrich »

theYemster wrote:
Dude, even though the final list has been sent, Chukwu can still bench him if he wants to but Okocha knows he won't hence his comment...and BTW, I think we can still amend the list only that we'll get fined.
Are you a prophet now to know Chukwu will not bench him in a tournament that starts in 7 days?

I don't think the NFA would authorize Chukwu to incur such a fine - and why should they when they can enforce FIFA rules and get him in camp on time!!!

Dis ya bashing na wa o! So we now leave an effective remedy and go the round-about way just so you can implicate Chukwu?

We make noise about the people running our FA but it seems participants on this site would n't be much better if in charge :!:
Baxter Onigbinde's second coming is the most disingenious stint ever in Nigerian coaching history.
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

It seems to me that Jay Jay has no respect for CCC.It is either that or he beleives he has CCC's support of his decision to stay back.I think Okocha' s comments are a real indictment of CCC and I doubt that he can control these players.This is what we are always afraid of when an IC is in charge
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

wazobia wrote:It seems to me that Jay Jay has no respect for CCC.It is either that or he beleives he has CCC's support of his decision to stay back.I think Okocha' s comments are a real indictment of CCC and I doubt that he can control these players.This is what we are always afraid of when an IC is in charge
If the players don't respect CC its nor CC's fault. Put the blame where it should be. Our players have to learn to work under anybody no matter how incompetent they are. Thats called humility.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

daddyrich wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Are you a prophet now to know Chukwu will not bench him in a tournament that starts in 7 days?

I don't think the NFA would authorize Chukwu to incur such a fine - and why should they when they can enforce FIFA rules and get him in camp on time!!!

Dis ya bashing na wa o! So we now leave an effective remedy and go the round-about way just so you can implicate Chukwu?

We make noise about the people running our FA but it seems participants on this site would n't be much better if in charge :!:
Dude, let me enlighten your simple mind...whether I can do better or not is irrelevant. I am not in charge of the team; the bottomline is that the person in charge isn't doing a good job so I have every right to criticise him. That's the price for holding a public office...you're accountable to the public. Had I been in charge and doing just as bad a job, I expect to be maligned by the public also and if I don't like it I have two choices - do a much better job or quit.

By the way I may not be a prophet but the fact that Chukwu practically decamped the team less than a week to the tourney rather than him have to take a firm stand on the erring big boys more than shows he is unlikely to punish them if and when they do turn up.

And what effective remedy are you referring to?....that we allow the players turn up as they please maybe even just before kick-off? Please sometimes you have to put your foot down. They were given enough grace period and they seem to have taken advantage of it; as usual give a person an inch, he takes a foot; give 'em a foot, they take a yard;

Talk IT, no one is absolving the players of blame here but it is Chukwu's fault if he cannot control or manage his players; one of the jobs of being coach is managing your players and getting them to respect you and abide by your rules. It's like having stubborn students in class and the class teacher cannnot control them. If you show you are in charge and will take no nonsense they will either shape up or ship out; if you show weakness like CCC, people will trample all over you just like the players, clubs and even NFA have.
Last edited by theYemster on Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

he certinaly would not get away with this if we had a good FC,
Egg

Post by daddyrich »

theYemster wrote: Dude, let me enlighten your simple mind...whether I can do better or not is irrelevant...

theYemster wrote:... the fact that Chukwu practically decamped the team less than a week to the tourney rather than him have to take a firm stand on the erring big boys more than shows he is unlikely to punish them if and when they do turn up...
I hope your complex mind understands that CAF requires a simple list of each country's squad, a week to the esteemed tourney you're so worried about.
It just so happens to coincide (wow! :shock: ) with the decamping so anybody not on that list was let go to save precious resources in allowances. Besides, those guys simply don't have any permision from their clubs to hang around any longer

theYemster wrote: And what effective remedy are you referring to?....that we allow the players turn up as they please maybe even just before kick-off?.
The effective remedy I was talking about - in case your complex mind couldn't understand my simple writing - was the FA enforcing FIFA rules to make Jay-Jay unusable by his club.
He can then chose to watch from the stands in England or come to camp ...but then you've shown you're more interested in bashing Chukwu than seeing Okocha in camp - your mind is simply too complex to realise it!

You have truly enlightened me, your mind is so much more complex than the ordinary mind, it has become quite simply MYOPIC
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

YEMSTER:
Here's yet another news report (the third or fourth over the last couple of days) that indicates a clear DICHOTOMY between Chukwu's position and the NFA's on the late-reporting players:

http://www.punchng.com/sports/article05

Unfortunately, you continue to confuse the respective roles of the coach and the football federation.
wazobia
Egg
Egg
Is this the article you are referring to ?

Post by wazobia »

NFA happy with Eagles’ form

Ajibade Olusesan

The current form of the Nigerian players in their various clubs has been a source of happiness and hope to the Nigeria Football Association as we hinges towards the African Nations Cup in Tunisia.

The scribe of the football body, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi, who expressed his satisfaction in chat with our correspondent on Sunday, said that the players’ form would go a long way in enhancing the chance of the Eagles in the forthcoming Nations Cup in Tunisia.

“These players form is quite timely as they picked it when we are preparing for the nations cup. If they can translate this in the tournament we shall go very far,” he said.

Nigerian players especially those in the Premiership have hit form of late at their respective clubs to the delight of the Christian Chukwu-led coaching crew and the soccer house.

Arsenal forward, Nwankwo Kanu, who posed a yeo-man performance in his club 2-0 win over Aston Villa at the weekend, has seemed to have re-discovered the form that saw him emerging the best player in 2000.

Portsmouth’s Yakubu Aiyegbeni ended his goals drought three weeks ago scoring four goals in ten days with a superb brace against Manchester City.

Injury prone Celestine Babayaro, who has not been seeing regular action for his multi-millionaire club, got back to the first team with another goal in Chelsea 4-0 routing of Birmingham.

On why the NFA gives so much time for the some members of the team to join their colleagues as against the FIFA rule of 14 days to the commencement of a championship Ogunjobi said they had to give them the concession because had requested for such.

“We all saw them play for their clubs regularly and their performances are exciting and that is what is important now rather than making big issue out of nothing.

Ogunjobi ruled out any possibility of taking the players clubs to FIFA rather he said what we need do is to welcome when they come.

The team is expected to leave their Faro camp on January 22 for the venue of the competitions Ogunjobi disclosed.
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

It seems We don't know who to beleive with these stories.Okocha indicated that Chukwu is okay with his staying back but the NFA is not,this Punch article indicates Ogunjobi is alright with it to,so is it Galadima who is against their reporting late?
daddyrich
Egg
Egg

Post by daddyrich »

wazobia wrote:It seems We don't know who to beleive with these stories.Okocha indicated that Chukwu is okay with his staying back but the NFA is not,this Punch article indicates Ogunjobi is alright with it to,so is it Galadima who is against their reporting late?

...only a complex mind can understand it! :lol:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]wazobia[/color] wrote:It seems We don't know who to beleive with these stories.Okocha indicated that Chukwu is okay with his staying back but the NFA is not,this Punch article indicates Ogunjobi is alright with it to,so is it Galadima who is against their reporting late?
I am getting so dizzy :roll: :roll:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!