Eagles depart Faro Jan. 16; play friendlies in Tunisia?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

geminikoat
Egg
Egg
Eagles depart Faro Jan. 16; play friendlies in Tunisia?

Post by geminikoat »

Culled from the Vanguard

Ikedia joins Eagles in Faro

By Akeem Oyetunji, Abuja
Friday, December 26, 2003

THE last may not have been heard about the list of players invited by the Super Eagles chief coach, Christian Chukwu, to the team?s camp in Faro, Portugal, ahead of the Tunisia 2004 Nations Cup finals.The latest invitee to camp is Switzerland based Pius Ikedia barely a week after Chukwu added Paris Saint-Germain?s Bartholomew Ogbeche to the list of 41 players earlier invited.

Taiwo Ogunjobi, NFA Secretary General said approval has been granted for invitation to be extended to Ikedia following the request from Chuwku. The FA scribe also said the camping schedule of the team has been amended to enable all the players called to camp to train together before leaving for Tunis for the second phase of camping.
According to him, rather than closing Faro camp on January 10, 2004, the team will now stay till January 16 before moving to Tunis for acclimatisation.

The new development he explained would enable the Premiership players join the team in Faro from January 10, 2004 adding that, the chief coach would pick his 22-man final list before going to Tunis.
The team will now arrive Tunis and camp there for one week after which it will depart to Monatsr where the Super Eagles will play their group matches.

Chief Ogunjobi equally announced that some friendly matches have been arranged for the team with local clubs like Lutane FC, Farense FC among others. The weather in Faro according to the team?s administrative secretary Bola Oyeyode, who sent fax message to the secretariat was okay.
...but with God all things are possible...
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Switzerland based Ikedia...e be like say this journalist had too much tomboliquor over Christmas
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Forgive the man Mr Dolly; hin get Xmas hangover. I guess too much jollof rice and chicken topped with Odeku could make a man mis-yarn :D :D
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

geminikoat,

Some of our journalist don't know enough.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:geminikoat,

That's true; the educational system in Nigeria ofcourse is not up to scratch anymore. There goes the demise of a great nation. Chei!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

geminikoat wrote:

That's true; the educational system in Nigeria ofcourse is not up to scratch anymore. There goes the demise of a great nation. Chei!
..Or maybe the journalist in question is just lazy?
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

nanijoe wrote:
geminikoat wrote:

..Or maybe the journalist in question is just lazy?
I concur!
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Can someone close to the camp verify this for the forum; Ayo, KOC are any friendlies in the offing in Faro and, or Tunisia?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Geminikoat, I can tell you now that nothing is definite. Nothing is down in black and white. There are only suggestions that games might take place.

As far as I am aware, Ogunjobi has not said yes to any of the offers put to him so far. I have passed on a few enquiries I got and we are all still waiting for him to answer one way or another.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Geminikoat, I can tell you now that nothing is definite. Nothing is down in black and white. There are only suggestions that games might take place.

As far as I am aware, Ogunjobi has not said yes to any of the offers put to him so far. I have passed on a few enquiries I got and we are all still waiting for him to answer one way or another.
Nice! Let's hope for the best then; this Ogunjobi ma don tire me for real.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am still on the case, however, Geminikoat. We should know more by Monday.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am still on the case, however, Geminikoat. We should know more by Monday.
Thanks for keeping the forum abreast of new developments in camp.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

There is still a #$%^ of light out there Geminikoat. I have made two important phone calls today and will send out two faxes on Monday. Hopefully, the urgency of the situation will now dawn on the NFA this time.

I have proposed that two friendlies be played - One on January 10 and another on January 14. By January 31, we should know exactly where we are going.

From what I have been told, Ogunjobi is very enthusiastic about playing friendlies but has to take the rest of the NFA board along with him. The NFA board should be meeting next week to review some of the proposals sent to them.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Ayo:

Don't you think coach CCC is in a better position to determine who and when his team plays?

The way you come off, one would think that CCC and his assistants are "paralyzed" in Faro! :)
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Yujam, this is Nigeria we are talking about here. The likes of Larry, Mister Dolly, Waffiman, NFA Chair and Gotti can fill you in on how things operate within the NFA.

For the record, let me just tell you that nothing will happen, if your way of doing things were to be followed. The buck passing that takes place within the NFA is unprecedented.

I cannot divulge too much here but trust me, in Nigeria, things do not work like they do is other FAs.