Why has Rooney always been underrated?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Why has Rooney always been underrated?

Post by mcal »

JuJuMan wrote:That hair transplant has done wonders for his confidence this season!
...and his hair doctor must be running some enterprising ads right now :lol:
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

Wayne Rooney is VERY inconsistent.

He is nowhere near being ''the best striker in the world'' or whatever some EPL propaganda-influenced goats here have been typing. :roll: :roll:
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mcal wrote:
JuJuMan wrote:That hair transplant has done wonders for his confidence this season!
...and his hair doctor must be running some enterprising ads right now :lol:
Some of our 'boys' should contact the bobo....starting with Kaita and Promise Issac lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

ROSSIKE wrote:Wayne Rooney is VERY inconsistent.

He is nowhere near being ''the best striker in the world'' or whatever some EPL propaganda-influenced goats here have been typing. :roll: :roll:

kpom

oyibo na oyibo! All of a sudden, he has tremendous IQ but Musa and Nsofor are headless chicken.

Black Africans are pathetic. :boo:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Ronney is a ruthless striker but no where near Messi..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Godfather wrote:
ROSSIKE wrote:Wayne Rooney is VERY inconsistent.

kpom

oyibo na oyibo! All of a sudden, he has tremendous IQ but Musa and Nsofor are headless chicken.

Black Africans are pathetic. :boo:
....make dem win some hardware 1st den we go dump oyinbo na oyinbo :thumb:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Rooney is not even in the top 5 striker bracket talkless being the best one. Nonsense :roll: :roll: :roll:

Drogba
Etoo
David Villa
C Ronaldo
Messi

They all piss on Rooney
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

My best Rooney moment is not when he scored but when he was tracking back and defending during their championship league cup run. At one moment, CIC even nailed him as right back. Not every top nine can do that save DD and Rooney. Those two are world class in my book.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Wicked..
furiously frank wrote:My best Rooney moment is not when he scored but when he was tracking back and defending during their championship league cup run. At one moment, CIC even nailed him as right back. Not every top nine can do that save DD and Rooney. Those two are world class in my book.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Rooney has NEVER been under-rated. Never ever ever. I will argue this point to my grave.

If anything, Rooney has been extremely over-rated for much of his career. Remember that this is a guy that has scored 20-league goals in a season just once in a 9-year pro career. This is a guy that scored 15+ league goals just twice in his career. 20-goals or more (in all competitions) just 3 times in his career.

Yes, Rooney is extremely hard working, versatile, etc, but what exactly made him under-rated? He's had one exceptional season in his career, was 2nd fiddle on Man Utd until they sold their best player (Ronaldo), and has often lacked the consistency of other top players.

Right now he's on fire and undoubtedly among the best in the world (perhaps the best striker on form at the moment) but based on his 9-year career it is difficult to call him under-rated.
My best Rooney moment is not when he scored but when he was tracking back and defending during their championship league cup run. At one moment, CIC even nailed him as right back. Not every top nine can do that save DD and Rooney. Those two are world class in my book.
Samuel Eto'o did this both for Barca (in 2006) and Inter (2010).
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

Heliopolis wrote:Rooney has NEVER been under-rated. Never ever ever. I will argue this point to my grave.

If anything, Rooney has been extremely over-rated for much of his career. Remember that this is a guy that has scored 20-league goals in a season just once in a 9-year pro career. This is a guy that scored 15+ league goals just twice in his career. 20-goals or more (in all competitions) just 3 times in his career.

Yes, Rooney is extremely hard working, versatile, etc, but what exactly made him under-rated? He's had one exceptional season in his career, was 2nd fiddle on Man Utd until they sold their best player (Ronaldo), and has often lacked the consistency of other top players.

Right now he's on fire and undoubtedly among the best in the world (perhaps the best striker on form at the moment) but based on his 9-year career it is difficult to call him under-rated.
Samuel Eto'o did this both for Barca (in 2006) and Inter (2010).
:thumb:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Why on earth would this be a valid question to ask on a Nigerian soccer forum?
The thread starter is a goat!

kamerun wrote:He is certainly the best Striker in the World closely followed by Aguerro and Hernadez...No doubt. What a phenomenon... :shock: !2 Hattricks in a row? I believe he has been underrated for too long now. Its time we recognize what a magnificient player he is. Imagine his goal tally at a club like Barcelona bing fed by Xavi, Iniesta to name but a few? Scary stuff.... :thumb:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

As Wayne has become top scorer for club and country, it is a good time to reflect on his career. Seeing him now as a 31yo veteran, it is easy to forget how utterly terrifying and forceful he was between 16-25. I remember this volley against Newcastle which he scored out of anger because he was arguing with the ref and was annoyed that he was about to be subbed off:

Unfortunately the peak of his career coincided with CR7's presence at Man Utd. When CR7 is around, we know who will get all the attention.

I always remember something that Zlatan said when interviewed in the BBC's "Wayne Rooney: The Man Behind the Goals" documentary. The most telling quote for me in that Rooney documentary was when Zlatan said that when Ronaldo and Rooney played together:
"Rooney did all the work but Ronaldo got all the credit because he was scoring goals."
I recall Ferguson playing Rooney as a LM and RM in order to accommodate Ronaldo and his lack of desire to defend. Rooney really used to put in a shift those days: giving Ronaldo lots of assists and doing the water carrying work to give Ronaldo the freedom to do his stuff.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Very surprised that Rooney is not getting more respect for breaking a record that stood for 45 years, and becoming:

1) Top scorer for his country.

2) Top scorer for his club.

3) Top away goals scorer in EPL history.

Like Scholes before him, Rooney will be fully appreciated only after he retires.
mastermind 17
Egg
Egg

Post by mastermind 17 »

wiseone wrote:Very surprised that Rooney is not getting more respect for breaking a record that stood for 45 years, and becoming:

1) Top scorer for his country.

2) Top scorer for his club.

3) Top away goals scorer in EPL history.

Like Scholes before him, Rooney will be fully appreciated only after he retires.
The man has always been a complete footballer. Good with the head, both feet, free kicks, defending and creativity
The Game Mastermind Has Spoken. May all that have understanding Listen!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

This season Rooney has 5 goals and 10 assists (including match winning/saving contributions against Hull, Liverpool, and Stoke). Not bad considering he has been a sub for many games and is supposedly no longer contributing.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Rumours say Wazza is off to MLS to join DC United until 2020: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44082230
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

wiseone wrote:Rumours say Wazza is off to MLS to join DC United until 2020: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44082230
It's a true rumor. He is coming to arguably the top 5 league in the world. He will find out quickly that MLS is about as hard as EPL (the best league in the world).
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****