The Siasia misadventure

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Siasia misadventure

Post by felarey »

Rubbish thread, shebi you're a coach too, when you achieve half of what Siasia did and get termed a misadventure, you will be happy. What you Siasia haters fail to see is your double standard. You whole wasted thesis there has very naive reasoning as its basis.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

felarey wrote:Rubbish thread, shebi you're a coach too, when you achieve half of what Siasia did and get termed a misadventure, you will be happy. What you Siasia haters fail to see is your double standard. You whole wasted thesis there has very naive reasoning as its basis.
He is actually a wannabe; you are giving him too much credit. 8-)
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

felarey wrote:Rubbish thread, shebi you're a coach too, when you achieve half of what Siasia did and get termed a misadventure, you will be happy. What you Siasia haters fail to see is your double standard. You whole wasted thesis there has very naive reasoning as its basis.
You are getting it wrong.

His whole carreer was not termed a misadventure, just his last stint.

I am a coach, and can tell a good coach when I see one. Siasia is a good coach and should be proud of his long list of accomplishments -especially with youth teams which I have posted here and on my blog.

You don't have to lose sleep that I will coach your NT, and its never my intention to achieve half what another person has done, for as an Architect, I will not find that time. Whatever your bitterness, several posters that have never agreed with me wrote to say it was a balanced piece so your view remains yours.

The biggest news is that we qualified this time and are on the verge of picking the cup in SA that Abacha prevented us 17 years ago. Hope you remnants will enjoy the feat, if not its your wahala.

Siasia’s competitive games for Nigeria.
http://megapro24.wordpress.com/

1. Ethiopia 4:0 W
2. Ethiopia 2:2 D
3. Madagascar 2:0 W
4. Guinea 2:2 D

P4 W2 D2 L- 10:4

Siasia’s competitive (age-grade) games for Nigeria.

1. Bukina Fasso 2:0 W
2. Bukina Fasso 3:2 W
3. Benin 3:0 W
4. Mali 3:1 W
5. CIV 1:0 W
6. Morocco 2:2 D
7. Egypt 2:0 W
8. Brazil 0:0 D
9. South Korea 1:2 L
10.Switzerland 3:0 W
11. Ukrain 1:0 W
12. Holland 1:1* D
13. Morocco 3:0 W
14. Argentina 1:2 L
15. Ghana 0:0 D
16. Ghana 1:1 D
17. Equatorial Guinea 5:0 W
18. Equatorial Guinea 0:2 L
19. Ghana 3:2 W
20. South Africa 1:1 D
21. Ghana 0:0 D
22. South Africa 3:0 W
23. Holland 0:0 D
24. Japan 2:1 W
25. USA 2:1 W
26. CIV 2:0 W
27. Belgium 4:1 W
28. Argentina 1:2 L
29. Venezuela 0:1 L
30. Spain 0:1 L
31. Tahiti 5:0 W
32. Germany 1:2 L

P32 W17 D8 L7

* = PK win.

Country Honours
2008 Olympics Silver
2005 WYC Silver
2005 AYC Gold

Club Honours
None

megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Exited the rubbish thread.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

megapro wrote:

I am a coach, and can tell a good coach when I see one. Siasia is a good coach and should be proud of his long list of accomplishments -especially with youth teams which I have posted here and on my blog.

You don't have to lose sleep that I will coach your NT, and its never my intention to achieve half what another person has done, for as an Architect, I will not find that time. Whatever your bitterness, several posters that have never agreed with me wrote to say it was a balanced piece so your view remains yours.

The biggest news is that we qualified this time and are on the verge of picking the cup in SA that Abacha prevented us 17 years ago. Hope you remnants will enjoy the feat, if not its your wahala.

P32 W17 D8 L7

* = PK win.

Country Honours
2008 Olympics Silver
2005 WYC Silver
2005 AYC Gold

Club Honours
None

Sorry to say, but the problem is you don't even sound like a coach e.g. someone who knows what it takes to achieve at this level. You sound no different from the NFF who carry out scapegoat policies and pin all issues on the person i.e. the coach. You come up with stats as if they're a direct measure of coaching know how. Like the measure of a coach consists in his win, loss, draw record. Even with that and the fact that Siasia never lost a competitive match, you call him a failure and don't see the folly in your analogy.

When we backed Siasia for insisting on his regular renumeration, your lot told us he was ill advised and only about money. Today the NFF are proud to tell us they've paid the current coaches in full and there's a result.

When Siasia enforced discipline with Osaze and Enyeama, your lot told us he was immature, always beefing etc. but refused to criticize Keshi whose method was to leave players out all together. As we see, Keshi has learned well from Siasia's experience and taken it a step further.

When we criticized Amodu for dismissing players in our local league and turning camp into sick bay despite the fact that we had players that had played in the later stages of the ACL at the time, you lot supported him pointing to the Home ANC and saying we haven't achieved success there.

When we said performance, chemistry and developing a method of play was important despite result, you guys said it was all about the result. As we see, it takes performance to get you over the edge like we achieved against CIV and Mali to get to the final.

As it turns out, you just focus on who the coach is. A gross disappointment from someone who ought to know better. I've not commented on the double standard with differing reactions to similar actions of the coaches.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

What matters right now is that Keshi and his boys are playing for the title in 2013. :thumb: :thumb:
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

felarey wrote:
megapro wrote:

P32 W17 D8 L7

* = PK win.

Country Honours
2008 Olympics Silver
2005 WYC Silver
2005 AYC Gold

Club Honours
None

Sorry to say, but the problem is you don't even sound like a coach e.g. someone who knows what it takes to achieve at this level. You sound no different from the NFF who carry out scapegoat policies and pin all issues on the person i.e. the coach. You come up with stats as if they're a direct measure of coaching know how. Like the measure of a coach consists in his win, loss, draw record. Even with that and the fact that Siasia never lost a competitive match, you call him a failure and don't see the folly in your analogy.

When we backed Siasia for insisting on his regular renumeration, your lot told us he was ill advised and only about money. Today the NFF are proud to tell us they've paid the current coaches in full and there's a result.

When Siasia enforced discipline with Osaze and Enyeama, your lot told us he was immature, always beefing etc. but refused to criticize Keshi whose method was to leave players out all together. As we see, Keshi has learned well from Siasia's experience and taken it a step further.

When we criticized Amodu for dismissing players in our local league and turning camp into sick bay despite the fact that we had players that had played in the later stages of the ACL at the time, you lot supported him pointing to the Home ANC and saying we haven't achieved success there.

When we said performance, chemistry and developing a method of play was important despite result, you guys said it was all about the result. As we see, it takes performance to get you over the edge like we achieved against CIV and Mali to get to the final.

As it turns out, you just focus on who the coach is. A gross disappointment from someone who ought to know better. I've not commented on the double standard with differing reactions to similar actions of the coaches.
I leave coaching to the coaches and have treated them equally.
When Amodu was there, I compiled Amodu's record in competitive games. When SSS was there I compiled his record in competitive games, same as Keshi. I hardly care about test matches, and even before my DFB license I always used the same indices W-D-L and trophies to evaluate their work, not to compare them. I don't use finesse, possession or overhead kicks.

Stats don't. Lie. Until the NFF big wigs told me in a Nigeria game in Austria during Lagerbacks stint that they know of my stats, I did not even know they come here.

Lastly I did not call SSS a failure here and only stated that he failed in the last stint as Nigeria failed to qualify for the first time in 26 years. SSS himself has stated several times he failed on the assignment. If there is any factual untruth in the article, no one has pointed it out.

SSS will get another chance.
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

megapro wrote:
felarey wrote:
megapro wrote:

P32 W17 D8 L7

* = PK win.

Country Honours
2008 Olympics Silver
2005 WYC Silver
2005 AYC Gold

Club Honours
None

I leave coaching to the coaches and have treated them equally.
When Amodu was there, I compiled Amodu's record in competitive games. When SSS was there I compiled his record in competitive games, same as Keshi. I hardly care about test matches, and even before my DFB license I always used the same indices W-D-L and trophies to evaluate their work, not to compare them. I don't use finesse, possession or overhead kicks.

Stats don't lie. Until the NFF big wigs told me in a Nigeria game in Austria during Lagerbacks stint that they know of my stats, I did not even know they come here.

Lastly I did not call SSS a failure here and only stated that he failed in the last stint as Nigeria failed to qualify for the first time in 26 years. SSS himself has stated several times he failed on the assignment. If there is any factual untruth in the article, no one has pointed it out.

SSS will get another chance.
megapro 2012:
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

felarey wrote:
megapro wrote:

P32 W17 D8 L7

* = PK win.

Country Honours
2008 Olympics Silver
2005 WYC Silver
2005 AYC Gold

Club Honours
None

@felarey, you would have ignored this guy.

Such a funny dude. You are calling Siasia a failure and you have never ever in ur life achieved anything as a Coach. It`s so unfortunate that you fail to realise that in life at times it takes some failures to make a success. Besides, if you have achieved half of what Siasia has achieved, you wouldn`t be sleeping in CE..!

Our rave of the moment Keshi failed with Nigeria team and Mali b4 and I am pretty sure he was able to learn one or 2 things and repackaged himself.

Bros, if u dey waka around with these ur dsetructive analyses, u will never attain any of ur set goals..!
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

20 Months, Keshi took the reins and led Nigeria to the limits of his (Keshi's) potential. His stewardship lifted both his profile and his country's -albeit a few notches. 1 continental trophy, WC 2rnd and 4 competitive defeats -all to former world champions.

Considering what he met and what he leaves behind, his successor is going to be rated based on the benchmarks the big boss set. Qualification for, and defence of the AFCON we have won only 3ce -in the next 6 months. What a task.

We don't need caretakers like Egu or a novice on the job, we have good candidates. Oliseh will coach Nigeria one day, Amokachi the perennial understudy might not, but a worthy choice will be the second coming of Samson Siasia. He can't do worse than his first stint and obviosly must have learnt from his mistakes and failure. Whoever the NFF picks we should rally around the person rather than coach him and insult his mother.

Nigeria is back.

Keshi's report card 2011-2014 coming next.

http://www.megapro24.wordpress.com
megapro 2012:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

megapro wrote:20 Months, Keshi took the reins and led Nigeria to the limits of his (Keshi's) potential. His stewardship lifted both his profile and his country's -albeit a few notches. 1 continental trophy, WC 2rnd and 4 competitive defeats -all to former world champions.

Considering what he met and what he leaves behind, his successor is going to be rated based on the benchmarks the big boss set. Qualification for, and defence of the AFCON we have won only 3ce -in the next 6 months. What a task.

We don't need caretakers like Egu or a novice on the job, we have good candidates. Oliseh will coach Nigeria one day, Amokachi the perennial understudy might not, but a worthy choice will be the second coming of Samson Siasia. He can't do worse than his first stint and obviosly must have learnt from his mistakes and failure. Whoever the NFF picks we should rally around the person rather than coach him and insult his mother.

Nigeria is back.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Now we go become friends for the first time.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

megapro wrote:20 Months, Keshi took the reins and led Nigeria to the limits of his (Keshi's) potential. His stewardship lifted both his profile and his country's -albeit a few notches. 1 continental trophy, WC 2rnd and 4 competitive defeats -all to former world champions.

Nigeria is back.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Now we go become friends for the first time. Keshi is well appreciated. He performed.

Siasia's competitive record as SE coach - P 4 W 2 D 2 L 0. Undefeated! It's time for THE RETURN! :thumb:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

YemiBrazil wrote:

Nigeria is back.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Now we go become friends for the first time.
:taunt:
U wan leave MHA?

Don't call me your friend my friend :taunt:
megapro 2012:
Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

Great article. Missed it the first time. Chei Siasia yab o. :oops:
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Megapro

I disagree sir. $ia$ia is NOT a coach, talk less of being good. Simon Kalika is a good coach; I like him and his tactics. Lets not sugarcoat things; there is always Ikpoba river for those who cannot handle this truth.

If The Mercenary cared about coaching as a profession, he would not be waiting for hand-out. From his U10 girls days in Atlanta all the way down to the last failure, it has always been a matter of hand-out. He was waiting for another handout from India, Bangladesh, Bolton Wanderers and Uzbekistan and none came and then he went into his shell. We waited with suspended breath for one of them to click, we almost died from lack of oxygen.

How can any living human being love coaching and go without work for years? No coaching, no TV broadcast job, no blogging or online activity is similar kind. Something is wrong with that picture. What exactly is he doing with his time? Running for political office?
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

If Siasia come back then I go undefriend U for twinta.. :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Catalyst wrote:Megapro

I disagree sir. $ia$ia is NOT a coach, talk less of being good. Simon Kalika is a good coach; I like him and his tactics. Lets not sugarcoat things; there is always Ikpoba river for those who cannot handle this truth.

If The Mercenary cared about coaching as a profession, he would not be waiting for hand-out. From his U10 girls days in Atlanta all the way down to the last failure, it has always been a matter of hand-out. He was waiting for another handout from India, Bangladesh, Bolton Wanderers and Uzbekistan and none came and then he went into his shell. We waited with suspended breath for one of them to click, we almost died from lack of oxygen.

How can any living human being love coaching and go without work for years? No coaching, no TV broadcast job, no blogging or online activity is similar kind. Something is wrong with that picture. What exactly is he doing with his time? Running for political office?
You're so skillful in yarning Opaks
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

mapet wrote:

:woot: :lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Catalyst,

Siasia is actually a good coach in my opinion and I have stated that several times here includding this thread. To get successive Silver medals and an AYC with guys that just became men is no fluke as I know that from my personal experience.

Why he gets my nod is because we hope he has the capacity to translate similar returns with grown usp even though his previous attepts fell short. He knows the set up and must have learnt from the positives of his successor. He is still very much involved in the game tending to his wards at his academy and me thinks this time he will cut it -if there is vacancy..
megapro 2012:
Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

No vacancy. The Big Boss is going nowhere.
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

mapet wrote:

Thanks.

I never heard it like this before. Can I use it in my BB display message?
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.

Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

megapro wrote:

Catalyst,

Siasia is actually a good coach in my opinion and I have stated that several times here includding this thread. To get successive Silver medals and an AYC with guys that just became men is no fluke as I know that from my personal experience.

Why he gets my nod is because we hope he has the capacity to translate similar returns with grown usp even though his previous attepts fell short. He knows the set up and must have learnt from the positives of his successor. He is still very much involved in the game tending to his wards at his academy and me thinks this time he will cut it -if there is vacancy..
Bros, why has he not been able to find another job? What about just going to Europe to do his continued education (FIFA license, etc)?

Finidi found something for himself. Oliseh did at some point. Simon Kalika landed on his feet (according to him he considers coaching a career, not a business). Heck even Chukwu got Kenya gig. There are many more of the 1994 buch that have gone on to create new avenues for themselves with a little bit of hard work.

Exactly what is he doing now? This does not both you? This does not bother anyone?

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Whoever the coach is this time I don't care. I will support. FC! LC! SSS! Amodu!! I don't care I will support but they have to do the work and be tactically sound!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****