Ogunjobi challenges Chukwu over Babayaro’s inclusion

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

G4L, on the contrary, i believe this very report about Ogunjobi but I did NOT believe the earlier report. There are basic facts one needs to keep his eyes on when reading a news article esp those tabloid like naija newspapers:

#1. there was no direct quote of what CCC said
#2. the man who supposedly received that scoop was no where near the Faro camp
#3. it just isn't plausible for CCC to make such reckless statement, even if some players were imposed on him

And i could go on and on. Unfortunately, some people that need to be banned from the internet would take such obvious fabrications and run.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Let him show us the handwritten list
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bro, you know I want to see things go well, but trust me when I say that I've got a terrible feeling about this one. I hope and pray that I'm wrong, but I won't be surprised if we get bounced early from this tournament... Since 1994, our preparations have been steadily getting worse... nothing is being done about it cause we've managed to reach the last 4 of the nations cup plus qualified for the WC and even won some WC games in spite of it... but this time, we'll pay in full.
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

G4L, take it from someone who knows, we shall surprise the naysayers. And you can quote my name on that
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Chukwu seems desparate enough that he would sign his own death warrant to remain SE head coach. I believe Chukwu's original list was altered, and I also believe he (Chukwu) re-wrote the altered list in his own handwriting in order not to lose his job.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

And you believe that because????

1naija, emotions aside, where are your FACTS?
By the way, I'm not holding brief for CCC on anything here. There has always been a clique within the NFA that imposes their fave players on coaches. They tried with Westerhoff and Trouisser (whether they succeed is another story). They did it to BonJo and Bora. It didn't start with CCC and might not end with him, unfortunately.

Nevertheless, what I can't stand is the manner we tend to chose and pick what to believe. I mean, we never pay any attention to naija newspapers until they write something -ive about CCC or Ogunjobi.
Yeah, may be some players (notably Lawal, Agali etc) were imposed on CCC, I can bet my last penny that he didn't gave that interview. Common sense will tell you that the story was fabricated, yet some of us are ever prepared to believe the worst about CCC. Let's be consistent. If we chose to believe naija journo let's believe them all the time NOT only when it plays to our liking.

O pari
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

So was it CCC's handwriting we saw in the picture that had our lineup against Zwolle FC (sp) :P?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
bobbye
Egg
Egg

Post by bobbye »

It seems there are too many Chris Ubas and Ngiges in Nigeria
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Robbynice wrote:
Blakes wrote:so who are we to beleive...? Are we to believe Chukwu who says that he made a list that was tinkered with by the NFA or are we to believe Ogunjobi who says the list is intact as was submitted by Chukwu...There is some Ojoro going here.....
I don't know who to believe but I know who not to believe. The Nigerian Journalists reporting the news.
When it comes to Ade Ojeikere, some of you guys will take his story with a pinch of salt.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Cyber Saint wrote:And you believe that because????

1naija, emotions aside, where are your FACTS?
By the way, I'm not holding brief for CCC on anything here. There has always been a clique within the NFA that imposes their fave players on coaches. They tried with Westerhoff and Trouisser (whether they succeed is another story). They did it to BonJo and Bora. It didn't start with CCC and might not end with him, unfortunately.

Nevertheless, what I can't stand is the manner we tend to chose and pick what to believe. I mean, we never pay any attention to naija newspapers until they write something -ive about CCC or Ogunjobi.
Yeah, may be some players (notably Lawal, Agali etc) were imposed on CCC, I can bet my last penny that he didn't gave that interview. Common sense will tell you that the story was fabricated, yet some of us are ever prepared to believe the worst about CCC. Let's be consistent. If we chose to believe naija journo let's believe them all the time NOT only when it plays to our liking.

O pari
Don't worry breeze go soon blow fowl yansh!
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Robby,

There is fire on the mountain run run run......
Soldier of Fortune...
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Robbynice wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:If the jounalist is lying then it is libel because he uses quotation marks!
You act like this is something new with Nigerian Journalist. Ol'boy wake up and smell the coffee. Anything to sell papers goes in Nigeria.
Robby so what's your point? Please state it.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Jus dey laff like pesin way shack tombo for free...

Nobe Naija we dey tok about?

YesOga will do anything to hold on to di job...di same reason why he benched Olofinjana for Ekong in the Brasil game is di same reason at play here...

Nathing more Nathing less.

Up Naija!!!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Who cares!!!!!!!!!! about all this? let it go folks support the Eagles in Tunisia.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Hear Hear!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

RudeBoy wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:If the jounalist is lying then it is libel because he uses quotation marks!
You act like this is something new with Nigerian Journalist. Ol'boy wake up and smell the coffee. Anything to sell papers goes in Nigeria.
Robby so what's your point? Please state it.
My point is you don't believe everything you read in the Nigerian papers cause most of those stories are made up to sell papers.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Ogunjobi requesting the list in Chukwu's writing is justified by the responses to this thread.Easily,one can surmise that it was to show that the final list was Chukwu's and Chukwu's alone(with his assistants).Also,it basically exculpates Ogunjobi or Minister Mohammed from allegations of list tampering.Meanwhile,the list is NOT BAD.It is as competitive,predictable,and as relevant as most of us expected given the antecedents of the players,coaches,and the build-up.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:When it comes to Ade Ojeikere, some of you guys will take his story with a pinch of salt.
Pinch?!! Try a BUCKETFUL of salt!

The problem with those who have a clear agendum, it that it tends to contaminate (consciously or subconsciously) EVERYTHING that they put out -- or at the very least, it puts their cynical audiences on guard.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

obong itatex wrote:Ogunjobi requesting the list in Chukwu's writing is justified by the responses to this thread.Easily,one can surmise that it was to show that the final list was Chukwu's and Chukwu's alone(with his assistants).Also,it basically exculpates Ogunjobi or Minister Mohammed from allegations of list tampering.Meanwhile,the list is NOT BAD.It is as competitive,predictable,and as relevant as most of us expected given the antecedents of the players,coaches,and the build-up.

You capture it indeed. If I was in Ogunjobi's shoes I will do exactly the same considering how the Nigerian press reach conclusions without serious investigation and previous reports. Do not get me wrong, I am not saying the list was never doctored. My point is that if Ogunjobi did take the measures that he took then it was very crafty and he can show all those journalists who have put him in bad light that they were all wrong if he indeed had the list written by CCC and he is willing to share it.
darkviper
Egg
Egg

Post by darkviper »

:evil: :evil: IF ALL THIS CRAP IS TRUE :? THEN WILL SOMBODY KINDLY TELL ME WHAT THE F#@K IS RONG WITH THIS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :x :x
every action has a reaction