Ogunjobi challenges Chukwu over Babayaro’s inclusion

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ivanuche
Egg
Egg

Post by ivanuche »

NewAge/Coca-Cola Eagles’ Nations Cup Watch
••• Says Minister didn’t tamper with list
••• Galadima arrives Faro
By Ade Ojeikere
Secretary General of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) Taiwo Ogunjobi has challenged Super Eagles chief coach Christian Chukwu to produce as contrary a 22-man team that does not have Celestine Babayaro’s name.

Ogunjobi stated that: “ I knew that the list would be a contentious issue hence I insisted that the list be drawn in Chukwu’s hand writing which was what he did.

“ On the aspect of not having Babayaro’s passport number and other details, you will agree that it is quite some time that he played for the country. We had to be sure hence we contacted him,” Ogunjobi said.

Asked if the sports minister did not tamper with the list that Chukwu sent, he said: “ I showed the minister the list on my own volition. He did not ask for it. I took it to him to see and did not add or subtract any name. If you come to Abuja, I will show you what Chukwu sent or will he also say that I forged his writing?”

Ogunjobi disclosed further that the NFA chairman Ibrahim Galadima arrived Faro, Portugal on Saturday night to see what was happening in camp and felicitated with the players.

Asked if the players’ match bonuses and allowances had been settled, he said: “ Why don’t you wait until after we would have played a match and won to see if indeed we spoke to the players about their entitlements?

“ I don’t intend to join issues with any player over their entitlement because that is another form of distraction which is what the players don’t need. We need to remain focused in order to achieve the set of goals and objectives that we have set for ourselves. Therefore, what I’m interested in are suggestions of how we can excel and not intrigues, conflicts or protests meant to cause disaffection among the players or confusion.

Home | Subscribe | Members | Archives | Chat Room |

For General Enquiries, send a mail to : [email protected]
They used to say Muhammad Ali could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Arsenal swim with the grace of a dolphin — and bite like a shark. The GREAT Brian Clough. viewtopic.php?t=18273

If you're having girl problems i feel sorry for u son,i gat 99 problems but da *Nice Lady* aint one !

http://www.brazzil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7162 BLACK BEAUTIES !
http://www.ypforum.org/nigeria2002
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Robby,

The glass house is cracking slowly and slowly. What is going on as it gets worse day by day... Hmm they say those who work in a glass house should throw stones sey na true?.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by MI5 on Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

The glass house is not cracking.On the contrary, things have never been better in recent years.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Bell

Post by Bell »

I READ THRU THIS AND AT THE END...

...I couldn't figure what the issue is.
Bell
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

There is an old adage that goes, "There is no honour amongst thieves". Now denials and counter denials are flying all over the place I think things are hotting up and my guess is it is going murkier and murkier as the days go by. I must say, if this is quoted verbatim;

"I knew that the list would be a contentious issue hence I insisted that the list be drawn in Chukwu’s hand writing which was what he did."

It sums up what is going on in the heart of our football, there is serious mendacity in the air and the place reeks of distrust. It is clear, we now have individuals who are only interested in covering their backs.

I remember KOC's report on how he tried to get in touch with the people at the heart of this saga and found that they were away from Abuja. Ogunjobi it appears was the only one there at the time the list arrived.

The whole thing stinks. :x :x :x
Last edited by Waffiman on Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Waffiman wrote:Now denials and counter denials are flying all over the place. I must say, if this is quoted verbatim;

"I knew that the list would be a contentious issue hence I insisted that the list be drawn in Chukwu’s hand writing which was what he did."
Waffi, see as guilty conscience dey kill the man... Yeah, with a gun to my head, I'll come up with any 22 man list you want... :lol:
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

The glass house is cracking.... Hmm i wonder why....

Robby, what is going in the glass house? can you give us an update...?
Soldier of Fortune...
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Ye Pa! Who is telling the truth! It be like say some people need to apologise to the NFA!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Now denials and counter denials are flying all over the place. I must say, if this is quoted verbatim;

Waffi, see as guilty conscience dey kill the man... Yeah, with a gun to my head, I'll come up with any 22 man list you want... :lol:
My bro, dem say there is no honour amongst thieves. Ogunjobi is fighting for his job make no mistake about that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

MI5 wrote:Robby,

The glass house is cracking slowly and slowly. Whta is going on as it gets worse day by day... Hmm they say those who work in a glass house should throw stones.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Itis funny how you believe Nigeria journalists when they write or report what you want to hear or anything negative about the NFA.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The really funny bit na when he say he insist that it should be written in CCC's handwriting. Kai! Thank God this man is not my boss. :P :P :P :P :P :P
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robby, if true this is bad and it shows we are in serious trouble.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Waffiman wrote: My bro, dem say there is no honour amongst thieves. Ogunjobi is fighting for his job make no mistake about that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ogunjobi ain't going nowhere. The Sports Minister will be redeployed, or suddenly resign, if push comes to shove.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:Robby, if true this is bad and it shows we are in serious trouble.
You are right but the question remains, is it true?
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

so who are we to beleive...? Are we to believe Chukwu who says that he made a list that was tinkered with by the NFA or are we to believe Ogunjobi who says the list is intact as was submitted by Chukwu...There is some Ojoro going here.....
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Blakes wrote:so who are we to beleive...? Are we to believe Chukwu who says that he made a list that was tinkered with by the NFA or are we to believe Ogunjobi who says the list is intact as was submitted by Chukwu...There is some Ojoro going here.....
I don't know who to believe but I know who not to believe. The Nigerian Journalists reporting the news.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

If the jounalist is lying then it is libel because he uses quotation marks!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

RudeBoy wrote:If the jounalist is lying then it is libel because he uses quotation marks!
True word.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

RudeBoy wrote:If the jounalist is lying then it is libel because he uses quotation marks!
You act like this is something new with Nigerian Journalist. Ol'boy wake up and smell the coffee. Anything to sell papers goes in Nigeria.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Like the saying goes"wonders shall never end"
who no know go know.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Robbynice wrote:
MI5 wrote:Robby,

The glass house is cracking slowly and slowly. Whta is going on as it gets worse day by day... Hmm they say those who work in a glass house should throw stones.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Itis funny how you believe Nigeria journalists when they write or report what you want to hear or anything negative about the NFA.
Now it's not exactly like the FA have given us any reason why the reports shouldn't be believed or have they?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Robby, either way this doesn't look good. On the one hand C3 says that the NFA changed his list... he told this to some players that were cut... or I guess we shouldn't believe that story too... then on the other hand the NFA is saying that the list is all C3's doing... if you ask me, it seems like the classic case of doublecrossing and hanging out your partner in crime to dry... typical naija politics... this whole deal is a lose-lose situation for C3... cause this whole fiasco is unfortunately killing his ledgendary image IMO... a guy who captained the eagles to our first real trophy of any kind has decided to make a deal with the devil... he can't win and won't win. :evil:
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

green4life, not that I am saying it is good but I just don't like when people start applying double standard to everything or anything that is the NFA. If the report had said something like "All is well in camp and so on and so forth" you will see MI5 and his cohorts in crime calling for the head of Nigerian journalists saying that they will do whatever to sell papers. To be honest with you I can't wait for the tournament proper to start. That way all this negativity going around will stop.