[b]HOW MUCH DO YOU GUYS KNOWS ABOUT FOOTBALL RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bigshawn30
Egg
Egg
[b]HOW MUCH DO YOU GUYS KNOWS ABOUT FOOTBALL RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Post by bigshawn30 »

HOW MUCH DO YOU GUYS KNOWS ABOUT FOOTBALL RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After watching the arsenal v Aston villa match, I conclude Henry goal should stand. Why? All Villa players were backing the ball, Angel was lacing his bootlaces, and I taught u are not allowed to lace your boot on the field? Maybe dat na old rule. Coming back from work today I was listening to Talk Sport Radio I heard Jeff Winter interview about the match verdict.

He said in the rules of the game there are no rules that state a player has to wait 10yards for the wall to move back, he also said the ref ask Henry if he will like to take the free kick now and he said yes to me that was cheeky. Remember Canigear did the same to Niger, Argentina v Nigeria Italia 90 wey Canigear dey shout make maradona make he pass him the ball on time wey Egoavon still dey complain to ref.

He never ask the villa player to move back 10yards has they claim he said. Remember 2 season ago Leeds v Arsenal Ian Harte did the same thing to Arsenal David O’Leary was Leeds manager then I bet he did not complain when that is the irony of the game also kanu penalty was right cos the bobo impeded his moves.

DO YOU KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 THERE ARE 23PLAYERS ON A FOOTBALL PITCH, 11, 11 ON EACH SIDE PLUS REF MAKES IT 23.
2 IF THE BALL HITS THE REF AND SCORE THE GOAL WILL STAND.
3 ONCE A PLAYER HAS BEEN SUBSTITUTE OUT HE CANNOT COME ON THE FIELD AGAIN TO PLAY.
4 YOU CAN GET BOOKED FOR FRYING YOUR COLLAR OR NOT TOURKING IN YOUR JERSEY IN.
5 YOU CAN GET BOOKED FOR TAKING OFF YOUR JERSEY IN CELEBRATING A GOAL EXCEPT YOU GET 6PACK LOL.
6 IF YOUR OPPONENT IS DOWN INJURED YOU DON’T HAVE TO STOP OR KICK THE BALL OUT OFF PLAY. AND WHEN THE BALL GET BACK TO PLAY YOU DON’T HAVE TO PASS THE BALL BACK TO YOUR OPPONENT THAT KICK THE BALL OUT OF PLAY. REMEMBER KANU SCORE WITH THIS, ALTHOUGH THERE IS WHAT IS CALL SPRIT OF SPORT MAN SHIP “LOL”.
7 AS A KEEPER IF YOU GET RUNNING BELLY YOU CAN RUSH TO THE TOILET WITHOUT TELLING THE REF AND PUT GOD FOR POST WHILE YOU RETURN.
8 YOUR NAILS MUST CUT SHORT, NO RINGS OR JEWRIES THEY MUST BE TAPED WHEN PLAYING.
9 NO EATING OF CHEWING GUN OR SWEET ON THE PITCH.
10 A PLAYER CAN TAKE THE KEEPER POST IF NO SUB ON THE BENCH.
Last edited by bigshawn30 on Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ALL NIGERIA UNDER 17GAMES QUARTER, sEMI & fINAL & All Super Eagles ANC 2008 & PLAYERS INTERVIEWS IN DVD FREE POSTAGE WORLDWIDE PM 4 DETAILS.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

I knew all that except 8, 9 and 10.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

the villa players claim he asked them to move back, which is the sticking point
bigshawn30
Egg
Egg

Post by bigshawn30 »

Dodo wrote:the villa players claim he asked them to move back, which is the sticking point
NOPE THE REF NEVER SAID BRO I SAW THE MATCH LIVE NA VILLA PLAYER N MANAGER DEY CLAIM THAT HE SAID SO, BUT HE NEVER COS HE SAID SO AFTER THE END OF THE MATCH.
ALL NIGERIA UNDER 17GAMES QUARTER, sEMI & fINAL & All Super Eagles ANC 2008 & PLAYERS INTERVIEWS IN DVD FREE POSTAGE WORLDWIDE PM 4 DETAILS.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Bigshawn: The Villa players are claiming that. I think the goal should stand because it does'nt seem likely.

Refereees behaviour during freekicks is often a bit misleading. They insist you get a way from the ball but sometimes they do so BEFORE asking the player who is taking the freekick if he wants to take it quickly. If while he is pushing the players away, he lets the other player take the free kick, that is a bit unfair (although it is perfectly legitiamte according to the rules.). Henry's goal should stand though.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

number 1 is wrong, there are 22 players on the pitch and one official
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

The rule is that the ref has to step away from the 'area' before the kick can be taken. That ref did not, so the kick was illegal.
Big Shawn I beg take am easy o!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

JEWRIES
CHEWING GUN

Kai, Bigshawn. no kill man o! :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bigshawn30
Egg
Egg

Post by bigshawn30 »

ANY MORE GRAMMERTICAL ERROR NO BE MY FAULT NOW COS NA NIGHT SCHOOL MAN PEKIN GO N NO LIGHT NA LANTER WEY DEY USE BRO. UNA WEY BE MR LECTURER MAKE UNA NO TEACH ME NONSENSE JO HAS BABA70 TALK O.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Can I kick it? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

O'Leary is just being a hypocrite because he forgot how Leeds profitted from the same kind of goal at Highbury. Also the Villa players IMHO are telling fibs to hide their embarrassment. I do not think the ref told them what they claim.

BTW here are the rules.

Refs' chief backs Halsey

Referee Mark Halsey got it right on both occasions during Sunday's Premiership clash between Aston Villa and Arsenal, referees' chief Keith Hackett says.

David O'Leary criticised Halsey for allowing Thierry Henry to take the quick free-kick which resulted in Arsenal's first goal.

He was also unhappy about the penalty awarded after Kanu had been blocked by Olof Mellberg.

But Hackett, the acting spokesman for the Premier League refereeing body, said: "According to the laws of the game if a player asks the referee if he can take a quick free-kick then the official can allow him to do that, and so everything Mark Halsey did around that free-kick was correct.

"Henry was entitled to make a choice and the choice he made was to take a quick free- kick, which was within the laws of the game. The simple fact was, it worked to his advantage.

"What is interesting is that I remember a few years ago in a match between Leeds and Arsenal a very similar incident occurred when Leeds scored from a quickly taken free-kick when Jeff Winter was the referee - and the manager at the time of the team who benefited was none other than David O'Leary.

"With regard to the second goal, something which also needs to be pointed out is the fact that the word 'obstruction' no longer appears in the laws of the game, it was taken out some years ago.

"Instead the laws state that if a player has been unfairly impeded then the referee can award a direct free-kick.

''That was what happened on this occasion, the referee judged that impeding had taken place, and as the incident was inside the 18-yard box it had to be a penalty."

Hackett is the man responsible for a change in attitude by referees in recent weeks and he explained: "I am trying to promote a greater understanding and public awareness of the laws of the game. I am happy for referees to clarify points of law so that people understand them.

"I am giving refereeing back to referees and have told them I want them to get the major decisions correct and to be pro-actively managing players and informing players.

"By them seeing a human side to referees and a pro-active side then they will respond in a positive manner toward referees.

"The reduction of yellow cards is also positive for players and fans alike as the public want to see a game of football, not a game of war, and let's hope we keep it up."
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bigshawn30
Egg
Egg

Post by bigshawn30 »

WAFFIMAN U DEY WICKED MAN I HOPE SAY NO VILLA FANS ON DIS SITE?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bigshawn30 wrote:WAFFIMAN U DEY WICKED MAN I HOPE SAY NO VILLA FANS ON DIS SITE?
Na true! Picture nor lie oh. Dem even claim say ref block their view. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dem say nor be penalty but na penalty, read wetin the rules say.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.