MD: On Okoronkwo.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
MD: On Okoronkwo.....

Post by Enugu II »

MD:

Could you please inquire about Isaac Okoronkwo's fitness and form when next you call the Faro camp. Are the newspaper reports on the accurate?
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Enugu II, what is the newspaper report saying?
Last edited by Robbynice on Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Robbynice wrote:Enugu II, what is the newspaper report saying?

The reports are indicating that he is having an awful camp in terms of performance and endurance. It is necessary to verify that.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Is there a point in time when we will get some "not bad" news?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

theYemster wrote:Is there a point in time when we will get some "not bad" news?
You know I asked the same question some few days ago. I wanted to know those not doing well in camp.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Robbynice wrote:
theYemster wrote:Is there a point in time when we will get some "not bad" news?
You know I asked the same question some few days ago. I wanted to know those not doing well in camp.

Hopefully, MD will share all that with us. Fact though is that MD's source obviously may want to go the PR route but maybe MD can read between his words in such moments.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Since my source is an official, it is likely that I may not get the true picture..I am due for another call to Faro after the game with FC Koln tomorrow and will ask the question..
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Isaac is fine.

The brother is strong and is getting fitter by the day.

Ignore all the negative news and Okorokwo will be one of our CD in Tunisia baring him having a reoccurence of his hamstring injury.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Larry,

It can't be easy for the guy, surely he must be struggling since he hasn't played any competitive game in almost six months. I think it is better to play a half-decent fit player than to play an unfit player. The tournament is over three weeks and he could be given a few minutes playing time towards the end of matches to assess his fitness. I am a bit concerned about him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

MD:

Thanks for agreeing to check. I will look forward to your report.

mister dolly wrote:Since my source is an official, it is likely that I may not get the true picture..I am due for another call to Faro after the game with FC Koln tomorrow and will ask the question..
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:Isaac is fine.

The brother is strong and is getting fitter by the day.

Ignore all the negative news and Okorokwo will be one of our CD in Tunisia baring him having a reoccurence of his hamstring injury.

Larry:

Thanks.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Damn i want the number to Faro 4 real,i need to talk to someboy in that camp.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

omey2k4 wrote:Damn i want the number to Faro 4 real,i need to talk to someboy in that camp.
Make you come carry spoil mood for camp? TUFIAKWA! :shock:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

My concern is not really about Okoronkwo's fitness but more about his alertness and sharpness. That is going to be crucial part in his defensive duites cos one poor timing on his part, it could lead to either a freekick outside the 18 or worse, a penalty.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

I'm sure Isaac will be on duty against FC Koln tomorrow...we'll soon find out the answers to some of our questions
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

So MD, what happened tonight? No interview with Osagie?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I still feel bad about Okoronkwo reporting late to camp.He definitely has a steep hill to climb to get to 100% after playing primarily reserves football.I hope he gets in full playing shape before the tourney starts.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

mister dolly wrote:I'm sure Isaac will be on duty against FC Koln tomorrow...we'll soon find out the answers to some of our questions
But MD, how come we are playing all these friendlies against europeans teams instead of an African team?? I said this because it will be a different ball game when it comes to playing an african nation...it is always rugged football for 90 minutes, you know that.
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Omonaija,these friendlies with African sides are arranged in advance.That we are even getting matches is something to be thankful about.The lethargy of some of our players and the somewhat erratic arrangements for friendlies will continue to be our bane.No panic though,even Cameroun has not played any African side,and they define "rugged African football".
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"