Why did Man United spend 18m on De Gea ?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why did Man United spend 18m on De Gea ?

Post by wanaj0 »

YUJAM wrote:Nah TFCO
Tgat won't be enough. He goes to Real Madrid.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

18m looks like peanuts now. Who is the mugu who oepend this thread sef :mrgreen:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Lager-back wrote:18m looks like peanuts now. Who is the mugu who oepend this thread sef :mrgreen:

Mugu like Lager-back. Mscheew yeye people. Na you and Wenger suppose be friends. Man U get money, they should get the best talent available. No reason to allow Chelski and Man City to chance them with Sugar Daddy Money when they have resources to help them win.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Reminds me of the great Dane Peter schimichel, De Gea is worth 20 points a season
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Ahem. :D
That said, it does seem like he is killing time at Man Utd until the day he moves to Madrid.
The most amazing thing about his (first great) save today was that the ball was actually past him when he clawed it out and away from the goal. :shock: His reflexes are like Spiderman!

[/video]

Save from Wanyama:
[/video]
YUJAM wrote:
Degea won't be at UTd next season
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

DeGea is being a professional at this point. If it wasn't for the dark arts of 'blaming faulty printers for not getting transfer docs in time', he would not be at United. He probably won't be there next season because I see the big Spanish boys coming calling after this season

Anyway, I enjoyed his play at Atleti when he was just 18/19. I am still a fan of his.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

YUJAM wrote:DeGea is being a professional at this point. If it wasn't for the dark arts of 'blaming faulty printers for not getting transfer docs in time', he would not be at United. He probably won't be there next season because I see the big Spanish boys coming calling after this season

Anyway, I enjoyed his play at Atleti when he was just 18/19. I am still a fan of his.
If they come calling again they'll have to pay big bucks for him. Real Madrid got played.

The end.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

YeyeMan: Have you turned into an ITK? You think you know better than DeGea and his agents? Anyway, the speculation is the transfer fee has already been agreed upon. This is to say that DeGea signs the new contract, stays with Man U for one more season and Real gets him on an already agreed upon fee come next summer. Everyone wins a bit and DeGea gets his wish to leave for Real next year
The YeyeMan wrote:
YUJAM wrote:DeGea is being a professional at this point. If it wasn't for the dark arts of 'blaming faulty printers for not getting transfer docs in time', he would not be at United. He probably won't be there next season because I see the big Spanish boys coming calling after this season

If they come calling again they'll have to pay big bucks for him. Real Madrid got played.

The end.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

YUJAM (& Bread), :D

That's all well and good but..... Real got played! :lol: They wanted DdG at a cut price rate this season, they didn't get him and DdG signed a new contract. Everything else is speculation.
YUJAM wrote:YeyeMan: Have you turned into an ITK? You think you know better than DeGea and his agents? Anyway, the speculation is the transfer fee has already been agreed upon. This is to say that DeGea signs the new contract, stays with Man U for one more season and Real gets him on an already agreed upon fee come next summer. Everyone wins a bit and DeGea gets his wish to leave for Real next year
The YeyeMan wrote:

The end.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I am not sure about that bro. What if Real waits one season and gets to pay less than they agreed upon? They have Navas right now who is playing quite awesomely
The YeyeMan wrote:YUJAM (& Bread), :D

That's all well and good but..... Real got played! :lol: They wanted DdG at a cut price rate this season, they didn't get him and DdG signed a new contract. Everything else is speculation.
YUJAM wrote:YeyeMan: Have you turned into an ITK? You think you know better than DeGea and his agents? Anyway, the speculation is the transfer fee has already been agreed upon. This is to say that DeGea signs the new contract, stays with Man U for one more season and Real gets him on an already agreed upon fee come next summer. Everyone wins a bit and DeGea gets his wish to leave for Real next year
The YeyeMan wrote:

The end.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

YUJAM wrote:I am not sure about that bro. What if Real waits one season and gets to pay less than they agreed upon? They have Navas right now who is playing quite awesomely

The YeyeMan wrote:

The end.
Pls stop it, you think football administrators are some silly airheads? Not just anyone gets hired to make decisions on hundreds of millions. Give Madrid some credit, you've been here a minute and sound naive on transfer matters. I take it if u were at a football club, these are the type of scenarios you'd consider intelligent and smart. Cos they don't make any sense. Every player is available at a price when the relevant parties agree.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

wanaj0 wrote:
kalani wrote:De Gea was a pretty good keeper for Atleti for the past two seasons, had some absolute blinders. Just not working for him at Old Trafford.
How many keepers go for 18m??? There are many shady things going on in some of these transfers! On what basis was the valuation? How much better is De Gea as compared to the other available keepers!
:oops: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I am not an expert on these matters my brother. However, from what I read out there, DeGea's agents likely negotiated an 'out clause' as part of his latest contract. It makes sense to, no? :D

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... e-revealed

felarey wrote:
YUJAM wrote:I am not sure about that bro. What if Real waits one season and gets to pay less than they agreed upon? They have Navas right now who is playing quite awesomely

The YeyeMan wrote:

The end.
Pls stop it, you think football administrators are some silly airheads? Not just anyone gets hired to make decisions on hundreds of millions. Give Madrid some credit, you've been here a minute and sound naive on transfer matters. I take it if u were at a football club, these are the type of scenarios you'd consider intelligent and smart. Cos they don't make any sense. Every player is available at a price when the relevant parties agree.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

YUJAM wrote:I am not an expert on these matters my brother. However, from what I read out there, DeGea's agents likely negotiated an 'out clause' as part of his latest contract. It makes sense to, no? :D

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... e-revealed

felarey wrote:

The YeyeMan wrote:

The end.
Really? A tabloid is what you're using to back up your claim?? De Gea or any player could go to Madrid next season. To suggest there's some out-clause in his contract that allows him to go for cheap is ridiculous. The transfer fee will be measured against his contract. Utd could easily say no, they want him for next 4 yrs on the terms he's on. Why would they allow him to go for cheap in a year when they can still keep him for another year before worrying about diminishing returns? Per Real Madrid, will they be sitting on their arses, putting all their eggs in one basket because of one player they'd like to have? They can have him next season but it won't cost anything less than 60m unless he loses his first team spot and his form depreciates to an unprecedented level and Utd decide to cash in. Man Utd own David DeGea.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Word is that the transfer fee is the same as Madrid would have paid this year when it fell through at the last minute.

To me that makes perfect sense because it was either that or a free at the pre-contract renewal pay rate at the end of the season which would not benefit Utd. The party that holds all the aces in this one is De Gea and his agent. It is not rocket science ;-)
felarey wrote: Really? A tabloid is what you're using to back up your claim?? De Gea or any player could go to Madrid next season. To suggest there's some out-clause in his contract that allows him to go for cheap is ridiculous. The transfer fee will be measured against his contract. Utd could easily say no, they want him for next 4 yrs on the terms he's on. Why would they allow him to go for cheap in a year when they can still keep him for another year before worrying about diminishing returns? Per Real Madrid, will they be sitting on their arses, putting all their eggs in one basket because of one player they'd like to have? They can have him next season but it won't cost anything less than 60m unless he loses his first team spot and his form depreciates to an unprecedented level and Utd decide to cash in. Man Utd own David DeGea.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

YUJAM wrote:Word is that the transfer fee is the same as Madrid would have paid this year when it fell through at the last minute.

To me that makes perfect sense because it was either that or a free at the pre-contract renewal pay rate at the end of the season which would not benefit Utd. The party that holds all the aces in this one is De Gea and his agent. It is not rocket science ;-)
felarey wrote: Really? A tabloid is what you're using to back up your claim?? De Gea or any player could go to Madrid next season. To suggest there's some out-clause in his contract that allows him to go for cheap is ridiculous. The transfer fee will be measured against his contract. Utd could easily say no, they want him for next 4 yrs on the terms he's on. Why would they allow him to go for cheap in a year when they can still keep him for another year before worrying about diminishing returns? Per Real Madrid, will they be sitting on their arses, putting all their eggs in one basket because of one player they'd like to have? They can have him next season but it won't cost anything less than 60m unless he loses his first team spot and his form depreciates to an unprecedented level and Utd decide to cash in. Man Utd own David DeGea.
I laff, yet they signed a new 4 yr contract. They could have made it easier by just waiting till Jan 1st and signed whatever deal they want with Madrid. Why would they choose this convoluted route that only makes a lot of sense to Yujam? :lol:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YUJAM wrote:Word is that the transfer fee is the same as Madrid would have paid this year when it fell through at the last minute.

word from where exactly ? :biggrin:

The events on deadline day made it clear that most of this kind of talk is just wild speculation, i'm surprised its starting again in earnest :rotf:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Felarey: I know you love Utd with all your heart , but you can't possibly let this cloud your thinking into believing DeGea wants to stay at Utd. :rotf:

Like I said, he holds all the trump cards at this point so it is in Man Utd's best interest to work out a deal with him that works best for all parties involved. Man Utd gets the guy who can potentially lead them to the league
There is a possibility he stays
But DeGea also gets the option to leave at the end of the season if he so chooses

So worst case scenario for Man Utd gets a good short term return on investment plus the original fee agreed to with Madrid while given De Gea's wishes to return to Madrid, he likely plays a season of stress free football no doubt enhanced by more money and gets to leave at the end of the season if he wants

Like you said, none of the key stakeholders in this negotiation are dummies. ;-)
felarey wrote:

I laff, yet they signed a new 4 yr contract. They could have made it easier by just waiting till Jan 1st and signed whatever deal they want with Madrid. Why would they choose this convoluted route that only makes a lot of sense to Yujam? :lol:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

YUJAM wrote:Felarey: I know you love Utd with all your heart , but you can't possibly let this cloud your thinking into believing DeGea wants to stay at Utd. :rotf:

Like I said, he holds all the trump cards at this point so it is in Man Utd's best interest to work out a deal with him that works best for all parties involved. Man Utd gets the guy who can potentially lead them to the league
But DeGea also gets the option to leave at the end of the season if he so chooses

So Man Utd gets a good short term return on investment plus the original fee agreed to with Madrid while DeGea plays a season of stress free football no doubt enhanced by more money and gets to leave at the end of the season if he wants

Like you said, none of the key stakeholders in this negotiation are dummies. ;-)
felarey wrote:

Yeah De Gea doesn't want to stay, heck I don't want to go in to work tomorrow. But I have a job and he has a job, he's not at Utd nor playing football for charitable reasons, neither are the clubs. If he doesn't want to stay, what is stopping his agent from driving him to the airport? Afterall he's a free man. The reason for negotiation is for both parties to come to an agreement. As long as Utd continue to meet their side of the bargain, they can insist De Gea stays till 2019. He wasn't going to R. Madrid for altruistic reasons neither, it was all business. A player may want to leave a club, but it is contingent on all parties agreeing.

You don't have any credible info to validate your stance. Believing it might just come from your motivation/preference for Madrid/La Liga.

Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Why can't you guys just admit you're speculating? :) :) :) :) instead of desperately trying to imply you have inside knowledge?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YUJAM wrote:He probably won't be there next season because I see the big Spanish boys coming calling after this season
YUJAM wrote:Nah TFCO
Tgat won't be enough. He goes to Real Madrid.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Al B Sure wrote:Why can't you guys just admit you're speculating? :) :) :) :) instead of desperately trying to imply you have inside knowledge?
that is the simple thing i am trying to tell brother Yujam.

The events of deadline day made a mockery of all these types of speculations we were seeing here especially from the pro-La Liga crew , i am surprised he is still unfazed and is starting again :rotf:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Again why would he sign a contract that forced him to stay an additional 4 years at a club he's shown he would like to leave soon? Signing such a contract makes no sense

What makes sense is the release clause that all the pundits have talked about. This way everyone wins
felarey wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Felarey: I know you love Utd with all your heart , but you can't possibly let this cloud your thinking into believing DeGea wants to stay at Utd. :rotf:

So Man Utd gets a good short term return on investment plus the original fee agreed to with Madrid while DeGea plays a season of stress free football no doubt enhanced by more money and gets to leave at the end of the season if he wants

felarey wrote:

Yeah De Gea doesn't want to stay, heck I don't want to go in to work tomorrow. But I have a job and he has a job, he's not at Utd nor playing football for charitable reasons, neither are the clubs. If he doesn't want to stay, what is stopping his agent from driving him to the airport? Afterall he's a free man. The reason for negotiation is for both parties to come to an agreement. As long as Utd continue to meet their side of the bargain, they can insist De Gea stays till 2019. He wasn't going to R. Madrid for altruistic reasons neither, it was all business. A player may want to leave a club, but it is contingent on all parties agreeing.

You don't have any credible info to validate your stance. Believing it might just come from your motivation/preference for Madrid/La Liga.