Ikhana on 3-match deal + His strategies for winning

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KoC
Egg
Egg
Ikhana on 3-match deal + His strategies for winning

Post by KoC »

. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Is this guy Nigeria's next coach?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Could well be
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I like his no-nonsense attitude.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Before you guys start chanting "Moadip", lets wait and see how he does with with the U23 squad,; and how CCC performs with the Super Eagles.

I am confident they will qualify for the olympics... Winning the Gold for a second time is another issue...
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

i agree with Charlie, let's wait and see.
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Charlie what's Moadip?
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Gooner1 wrote:Charlie what's Moadip?
Ever read Dune? Great book....
It is an Arrakis word for "Messaih" :wink:
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

charlie, it's actually Muadib :)
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

With all due respect to Kadiri Ikhana's record, the firing of Musa Abdullahi was a bone-headed move on the NFA's part.

And again with all due respect to Ikhana, the idea of culling an entirely new squad in the middle of a campaign is a boneheaded one.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Another over hyped LC about to have his cherries busted....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Ikhana only needs to add the following dropped by CCC and who are still eligible to play in the Olympics:
Obodo
Melkam
Kalu
Opabunmi
Rotimi Sunday
Olajengbesi
and......... Martins - I 'd like to know if he thinks he is also too immature to play under-23.

This inclusions are necessary to start building up the next SE squad and ensuring that there are three players constantly available for every position.

I hope this ANC is the last time we'll have to deal with our SUPER SUPER STARS of class '96. Time for them to concentrate on their CLUB duties as we don't want and should never tolerate AGAIN, a situation where the SE Captain and his Assistant report to camp when they feel like.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Who is Martins? Is it that Camerounian?
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

HAWKEYE wrote:Ikhana only needs to add the following dropped by CCC and who are still eligible to play in the Olympics:
Obodo
Melkam
Kalu
Opabunmi
Rotimi Sunday
Olajengbesi
and......... Martins - I 'd like to know if he thinks he is also too immature to play under-23.

This inclusions are necessary to start building up the next SE squad and ensuring that there are three players constantly available for every position.

I hope this ANC is the last time we'll have to deal with our SUPER SUPER STARS of class '96. Time for them to concentrate on their CLUB duties as we don't want and should never tolerate AGAIN, a situation where the SE Captain and his Assistant report to camp when they feel like.
But according to the news story, Ikhana does not intend to invite more than two foreign-based players.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

From Daily Independent

Ikhana maps out Olympics qualification strategy

By Emeka Nwani

Senior Correspondent, Lagos

New Under-23 coach, Kadiri Ikhana, has revealed how he intends to lead Nigeria to qualify for the football event of the Olympic Games.

In an interview with the former Enyimba of Aba handler, he noted that he has his well worked out plans and will follow it to the letter until the team gets to play at the Olympic Games.

“We have three matches to go. And we need to win all the matches to be sure that the team will play at the Olympics.

“The first match against Senegal comes up in February and that is one match we must win by at least three goals to nothing. I am not writing the Senegalese off but they need to lose so that we are at par with them on the same seven points.

“Then the next match against Tunisia and Egypt is also very important. You know that the Tunisians came to Bauchi and got a draw, which slowed down the Under-23 side.

“They should be prepared for us because we are going to Tunis to shock them. Then when Egypt visits Nigeria, we should be able to round it up. “The point I am making is that I have looked at the remaining matches and found out that with adequate preparation, Nigeria can get to play at the Olympics.

“And I also intend to maintain the team that Coach Musa Abdullahi used for some of the matches. What I will do is to get more players to fortify the team.

“And since I know the Nigerian league very well, I have a mental picture of the kind of players that I want, which abound in the country.

“But I know we are going to qualify for the Olympics because Nigeria cannot afford to miss out,” Ikhana boasted.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

...since he knows more about the local league, he can go ahead and use home-based, but he better not mess up.
And I hope he won't start using old men who have been playing in the league for donkey years just for the sake of qualifying.
mystic

Post by mystic »

Hawkeye:

Rotimi Sunday and Melkam are not age eligible for the Olympic team. Olajegbesi may also not be age eligible as I believe he was born in 1980.
mystic

Post by mystic »

I hope Ikhana maintains his pledge to stick with the team that Abdullahi has been using with a few players added to strengthen the squad.
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

omonoba wrote:charlie, it's actually Muadib :)
It's actually Muad’Dib :D :D
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

lagos777 wrote:
omonoba wrote:charlie, it's actually Muadib :)
It's actually Muad’Dib :D :D
who cares anyway? :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

shaq, read the Dune saga and you will understand 8)
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I doubt his succeeding with a largely home based cast.The team needs Uche,Osaze,Opabunmi,Ogunbure,Obafemi,and either Enyeama or Ejide.It's too late to embark on any drastic changes.The team has showed character by beating Egypt away and even leading Senegal 3-2,before the bench failed them in the last fifteen minutes in Dakar.Only some fine-tuning and technical savvy is needed.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

I wish him luck and i hope he can grab us the ticket. Lets see what he does before we starrt hailing or blasting him. His name is already etched in our history. First Nigerian coach to win CL.

Kudos Kadhiri