Updated News: SE of Nigeria 3 FC Koln 2 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

azuka

Post by azuka »

How low can we get? Senegal just defeated South Africa in a friendly. Benin played Egypt etc. And here we are celebrating the success of SE against a second string FC Koln side. FC Koln/Cologne if you must know is currently 3rd from the bottom of the Bundesliga with 13 points from 17 matches, - source Soccernet.com. Further more it scored 15 goals while conceeding 26, doesn't this tell us a lot of what our team is capable of attack and defence wise? Wouldn't it have been better for the SE to play and lose to Mali a fellow participant at the ANC? At least that was the SE would have had a taste of what to expect. Na waa. Do we now rate our SE so bad?
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

iyerebee, you dont just post like that ,there is a peocedure in here, for me U must get me 4 goats ,3 cows, well that will be all.You must also settle other CE members b4 u post further :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

azuka wrote:How low can we get? Senegal just defeated South Africa in a friendly. Benin played Egypt etc. And here we are celebrating the success of SE against a second string FC Koln side. FC Koln/Cologne if you must know is currently 3rd from the bottom of the Bundesliga with 13 points from 17 matches, - source Soccernet.com. Further more it scored 15 goals while conceeding 26, doesn't this tell us a lot of what our team is capable of attack and defence wise? Wouldn't it have been better for the SE to play and lose to Mali a fellow participant at the ANC? At least that was the SE would have had a taste of what to expect. Na waa. Do we now rate our SE so bad?
Your point being that they shouldn't have played the friendly and continue playing choosing in camp? Mali is not in Faro... good for Senegal, SA, et.al.

Dude, it a freaking friendly, you see anyone doing catwheels here? They played a friendly against a TEAM... more than we can say about our collection of guys...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

azuka, who is celebrating? Ol'boy you need to calm down. You have taken this your citicism to another level if you ask me.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:azuka, who is celebrating? Ol'boy you need to calm down. You have taken this your citicism to another level if you ask me.
Azuka is only putting a sense of reality into things, on another thread, we are being told Lawal's inclusion is justified because he scored. It is just shocking, Lawal scored, good on him but this is only a training match. It is all about tuning up and working on weaknesses.

It does not matter who scored or what the score is.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman, so it is safe to consider the Senegal/SA match as a training match, abi?
azuka

Post by azuka »

Azuka is only putting a sense of reality into things
Thank you Waffi. Just tell them.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

azuka wrote:
Birds of the same feathers folk together. I am not surprised at all.
azuka

Post by azuka »

Robby, the difference being that by playing each other, Senegal and SA have an idea of what to expect in African opposition.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:Waffiman, so it is safe to consider the Senegal/SA match as a training match, abi?
That was a Charity game to raise money for victims of a disaster. It is not recognised by FIFA as a competitive game hence any Caps are not not recognised. How many Charity games you don watch wey defenders go let strikers score?

Robby get real.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Waffiman wrote:
Robbynice wrote:azuka, who is celebrating? Ol'boy you need to calm down. You have taken this your citicism to another level if you ask me.
Azuka is only putting a sense of reality into things, on another thread, we are being told Lawal's inclusion is justified because he scored. It is just shocking, Lawal scored, good on him but this is only a training match. It is all about tuning up and working on weaknesses.

It does not matter who scored or what the score is.
Waffi, why didn't he put the post on that thread?

Did you see anyone celebrating the game on this thread?

Dude starts off his rant by saying while our opposition are playing meaningful friendlies we are busy playing a 3rd from the bottom team... what exactly does that have to do with the fact that we played an ACTUAL FRIENDLY against a TEAM (a team that is in the bundasliga) Azuka of all people know that it is harder to play against a clubside (because they are a team) than to play a collection of stars... yet he is quick to point out who our opposition are playing.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
azuka

Post by azuka »

azuka wrote:
Quote:

Birds of the same feathers folk together. I am not surprised at all.
Robby, you no serious at all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:
Robbynice wrote:Waffiman, so it is safe to consider the Senegal/SA match as a training match, abi?
That was a Charity game to raise money for victims of a disaster. It is not recognised by FIFA as a competitive game hence any Caps are not not recognised. How many Charity games you don watch wey defenders go let strikers score?

Robby get real.
Look no matter how you guys try to spin it, I will rather have the boys play a team than play themselves in camp. Btw can you tell Kanu to do what he has to do on the green grass in Highbury and get his behind to camp. Thanks.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:Robby, the difference being that by playing each other, Senegal and SA have an idea of what to expect in African opposition.
Spot on. Besides, do you really think both clubs will show their hands before they meet in the real thing? Man tire for Robby sef. The real thing will soon start, calm down, do not get too excited, save your energy for the real show.
azuka

Post by azuka »

while our opposition are playing meaningful friendlies we are busy playing a 3rd from the bottom team.
Cellular, exactly my point.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

AZUKA
Less than a week to the ANC, we should actually be playing against more inferior opposition than Koln. You use those last games to build the big 'mo, before a tournament.
and we don't necessarily need to play an african team; we are africans afterall and we are familiar with such opposition.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Na wa o. We play friendly, na fight, we no play, more wahala. Pa AO played friendly against some of the WC teams and won, yet he got sluthered at the real thing, yet when Miltosokic was hammered 5-1 by the Grasshopers of Greece(?), he was still able to get the team to 2nd round of the WC. The point is let's not read too much meaning into the result. Just take it for what it is, our guys played together as a "Team". Period.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
azuka

Post by azuka »

The point is let's not read too much meaning into the result.
IAG, exactly.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:Robby, the difference being that by playing each other, Senegal and SA have an idea of what to expect in African opposition.
Spot on. Besides, do you really think both clubs will show their hands before they meet in the real thing? Man tire for Robby sef. The real thing will soon start, calm down, do not get too excited, save your energy for the real show.
If African opponents will not show their "hands" before the tournament, then what the heck is the substantive advantage of playing African opposition?! That we be able to recognize their names?! Or the color of their jersies per chance?!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

azuka wrote:
IAG, exactly.
Azuka, just as Senegal shouldn't read too much into the result against SA, abi?
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

azuka wrote:
IAG, exactly.
Actually the only one that appears to be reading "too much" (albeit negatively) into the match is AZUKA. I think that most other folks recognize the significance of this game for exactly what it is: PREPARATION for the real thing.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]txj[/color] wrote:AZUKA
Less than a week to the ANC, we should actually be playing against more inferior opposition than Koln. You use those last games to build the big 'mo, before a tournament.
and we don't necessarily need to play an african team; we are africans afterall and we are familiar with such opposition.
Exactly.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gotti wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
If African opponents will not show their "hands" before the tournament, then what the heck is the substantive advantage of playing African opposition?! That we be able to recognize their names?! Or the color of their jersies per chance?!
I believe it will be unwise for any coach to reveal his tactics in a tune up game before the tournament game. Cheif AO was studied in detail before the WC in his friendlies, come the WC there was no plan B.