Footballer jailed 5 years for Rape

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Footballer jailed 5 years for Rape

Post by AreaDaddy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: I can't argue with your points. However, the issue here is that whether he is an animal, or scumbag who denies his crime, the justice system found him GUILTY and sentenced him. As a consequence, should he be allowed, BY LAW to practice his profession and make a living?
The answer is there is nothing in law stopping him

He was sentenced to a 5 year jail sentence, released after 2.5 years "under licence". This licence restricts him from certain things like having females under 18's in his house. Additionally as a convicted sex offender he is barred from regulated professions like Teaching and Healthcare. As far as the law goes their is no legal restriction on him returning to football.

In the UK the jail term you serve is governed by sentencing guidelines which prescribe the minimum and maximum sentence you can serve for a particular offence. I think this is where the problem, if we set aside the specifics of this case, being released under license after 2.5 years for rape is a joke. This however is a political problem, so instead of politicians putting pressure of football clubs they should change the law, i.e. the sentencing guidelines. That is where all this pressure should be directed.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Bushboy:

Let me ask you a question that has always bothered me. I am asking because you are an attorney, and would likely know more than regular folks, especially as it would not be easy to have an ex-con willingly step up here and answer the question.

Is prison rape of men by other men as common as anecdotally reported in jokes, movies, etc? For example, every time one reads an article about someone convicted for a crime, the comments' section is usually full of such jokes "bubba", "dropping the soap", etc.

Not trying to cheapen this discussion here, but maybe this ex-footballer got raped in prison, hence he is bitter and unapologetic?
Prison rape is NOT common. There is a lot of gay sex in prison, but the idea of a man being overpowered in the shower and raped in more a Hollywood creation than anything based on reality. Rape is a high felony, and combined what whatever crime the prisoner is already in jail for, could very easily fetch a life sentence without the possibility of parole.
Have people been raped in prison? Yes, I am sure it has happened. But is it an issue where every guy who goes to prison gets raped? No. At least not in my experience.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Cristao II wrote:One rule I learnt quickly during my uni days.

STAY AWAY FROM DRUNK WHITE FEMALES! STAY AWAY NO MATTER WHAT SHE DOES!! STAY THE EFF AWAY!!!
this is the best piece of advice i also got from a Sudanese brother when i landed here, he mentioned something along the lines that they actually get compensated if they go through this rape thingy, dunno how true tht is
But one thing i think most of these white girls can have bi-polar tendencies, they are one thing when drunk and next morning its a totally different story.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Let me ask you a question that has always bothered me. I am asking because you are an attorney, and would likely know more than regular folks, especially as it would not be easy to have an ex-con willingly step up here and answer the question.

Is prison rape of men by other men as common as anecdotally reported in jokes, movies, etc? For example, every time one reads an article about someone convicted for a crime, the comments' section is usually full of such jokes "bubba", "dropping the soap", etc.

Not trying to cheapen this discussion here, but maybe this ex-footballer got raped in prison, hence he is bitter and unapologetic?
Bros I worked as a Correction Officer years ago and the answer to your question is No. Does sex exist in Prison? Yes. Rape in prison exposes the culprit to getting charged with bunch of charges that exponentially increase their prison terms. I believe they may even be charged with attempted Murder.

Most general non-maximum prison usually have the guys who sell sex. Masturbation though is the order of the day there.
Last edited by Cito on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bushboy wrote:

Prison rape is NOT common. There is a lot of gay sex in prison, but the idea of a man being overpowered in the shower and raped in more a Hollywood creation than anything based on reality. Rape is a high felony, and combined what whatever crime the prisoner is already in jail for, could very easily fetch a life sentence without the possibility of parole.
Have people been raped in prison? Yes, I am sure it has happened. But is it an issue where every guy who goes to prison gets raped? No. At least not in my experience.
Thanks for your explanation. I wonder why this belief is so rampant, i.e., that almost anyone that goes to prison in the US get's raped, unless they are the rapists, or unless they are physically strong to ward off attackers. And it is rather distressing that people make light of this and make jokes about prison rape.

Rape of anyone, male or female, by anyone is not a joking matter. I hope society realizes this.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

AreaDaddy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: I can't argue with your points. However, the issue here is that whether he is an animal, or scumbag who denies his crime, the justice system found him GUILTY and sentenced him. As a consequence, should he be allowed, BY LAW to practice his profession and make a living?
The answer is there is nothing in law stopping him

He was sentenced to a 5 year jail sentence, released after 2.5 years "under licence". This licence restricts him from certain things like having females under 18's in his house. Additionally as a convicted sex offender he is barred from regulated professions like Teaching and Healthcare. As far as the law goes their is no legal restriction on him returning to football.

In the UK the jail term you serve is governed by sentencing guidelines which prescribe the minimum and maximum sentence you can serve for a particular offence. I think this is where the problem, if we set aside the specifics of this case, being released under license after 2.5 years for rape is a joke. This however is a political problem, so instead of politicians putting pressure of football clubs they should change the law, i.e. the sentencing guidelines. That is where all this pressure should be directed.
I agree with your post. The penalty for rape should be harsher, so perpetrators face full justice rather than "light sentence" and "lynch mob".
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

cito us wrote:

Bros I worked as a Correction Officer years ago and the answer to your question is No. Does sex exist in Prison? Yes. Raping in prison exposes the culprit to getting charged with bunch of charges that exponentially increase their prison terms. I believe they may even be charged with attempted Murder.

Most general non-maximum prison usually have the guys who sell sex. Masturbation though is the order of the day there.
Thanks...one learns quite a lot on the CE. Nice that we have folks with diverse backgrounds and professional experiences here.

BTW, isn't it dangerous to be a Corrections Officer? Kudos to you sha.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

bushboy wrote:I have tried to stay away from this thread as much as I can, due to my very strong opinion on the issue of rape, but as an attorney, let me say this:

What Ched Evans did is 100% rape! There is no amount of appealing that will ever overturn his conviction. The central issue in ALL rape cases is consent. It is not whether the girl went to a hotel room at 3 AM. It is not whether she "knew what she was getting into"...it is the simple question of did she consent to have sex with Ched Evans, and clearly, by all accounts the answer is NO.

There is a popular case out of Texas (British law might be different) of a girl who went to her boyfriend's house. Not drunk. Very sober and aware. During her visit, she had sex with her boyfriend then fell asleep. Somehow, while she slept, the boyfriend's roommate snuck into bed with her and started kissing/touching her. She kissed and touched him back and they ended up having sex. In the morning, she claimed she had been raped becuase she assumed the person who was touching her, and who she was consenting to sleep with was her boyfriend. A jury agreed, and the roommate was convicted.

If the above stands for a girl who had not been drinking, how much more for a clearly drunk woman? Going to the hotel to have sex with one guy does not transfer her consent to Ched. He went there, and took advantage of the situation, and he definately is a rapist.

Any man who claims he is innocent based on the facts, is an animal and deserves all the venom spewed at him.
:agree:

Some of the stuff that Evans admits to is what puts him in trouble, he joined in after his mate got the girl, he even admits he left via a fire escape why ?
Having sex with a drunk girl you find in bed with another guy ? Trouble all the way
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
benteke wrote:
AreaDaddy wrote:Chad Evans has been released but his release is proving even more controversial than his jailing. People are fighting to ensure he never returns to the professional game.

I came see people's anger but I think it is misdirected, the anger should should be at the political and judicial system.
Ched Evans is not doing himself any favours as well,

firstly he seems keen to publicly insist his innocence and that comes across as if he has no remorse, i think he could have handled that better by publicly apologising profusely and admitting he made a very big error in sleeping with a very drunk girl, coz thats all he did if im not mistaken

at this point maybe he should just lie low and maybe even change profession and venture into something else, i wonder what he can do with such a conviction on his record, maybe construction.
but hes gonna be alright, its not the end of the world for him

Insane. If he feels he is innocent then he has every right to state he is and fight for his name. Apologizing and admitting he made a big error would be an admission of guilt. And why should he lay low? Why should he change profession? Why should he stop living and doing what he enjoys doing because he was accused and convicted rightly or wrongly?
on the innocence part, please refer to Bushboy's post.
Note i did not say he must apologise for rape, but for the error of judgement in sleeping with a drunk girl, coz he also admits to doing that.
And i was suggestin he must lie low due to the furore thats going on, surely looks like he hasnt done himself any favours so far
He can go on fighting fire with fire, i was of the opinion he could have slipped back into football quietly. Thats all
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
cito us wrote:

Bros I worked as a Correction Officer years ago and the answer to your question is No. Does sex exist in Prison? Yes. Raping in prison exposes the culprit to getting charged with bunch of charges that exponentially increase their prison terms. I believe they may even be charged with attempted Murder.

Thanks...one learns quite a lot on the CE. Nice that we have folks with diverse backgrounds and professional experiences here.

BTW, isn't it dangerous to be a Corrections Officer? Kudos to you sha.
It is and I have to tell you, that is one job I will never advice any friend to do. It is the most negative, mind messing job I have ever done. I have done quite a few while going to college. I am glad I did work there as this made be stronger mentally and physically. It also exposed me to the minds of the scums of the earth.
One of the side effects though is paranoia. For years after working there, I just hated having anyone walk behind me as you never allow any inmate behind you for fear of shank.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ched Evans: Oldham drop move for convicted rapist after 'threats'

Oldham Athletic have decided against signing convicted rapist Ched Evans following threats to the club's "staff and their families".

A club director told BBC sports editor Dan Roan that a staff member was informed a named relative would be raped if the deal went ahead.

Absolutely. Hooray for hypocrisy. Long may it reign supreme.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

cito us wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:BTW, isn't it dangerous to be a Corrections Officer? Kudos to you sha.
It is and I have to tell you, that is one job I will never advice any friend to do. It is the most negative, mind messing job I have ever done. I have done quite a few while going to college. I am glad I did work there as this made be stronger mentally and physically. It also exposed me to the minds of the scums of the earth.
One of the side effects though is paranoia. For years after working there, I just hated having anyone walk behind me as you never allow any inmate behind you for fear of shank.
Done a few stints in prison myself, even fooling CE for a while that I was actually an inmate. :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=106998

But what you say is spot on.
I have always found the prison wardens - especially the long-serving ones - quite dysfunctional themselves.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Damunk wrote:
cito us wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:BTW, isn't it dangerous to be a Corrections Officer? Kudos to you sha.
Done a few stints in prison myself, even fooling CE for a while that I was actually an inmate. :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=106998

But what you say is spot on.
I have always found the prison wardens - especially the long-serving ones - quite dysfunctional themselves.
High rate of divorce and suicide is one side effect too. They always advice people who work there to find a way to decompress and to always leave life of prison Officer once you leave the walls of the prison. Harder said than done.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:Ched Evans: Oldham drop move for convicted rapist after 'threats'

Oldham Athletic have decided against signing convicted rapist Ched Evans following threats to the club's "staff and their families".

A club director told BBC sports editor Dan Roan that a staff member was informed a named relative would be raped if the deal went ahead.

Absolutely. Hooray for hypocrisy. Long may it reign supreme.
what a shame
and this just wont end, there are people with lots of time and ready to hound Evans, even a whole Prime Minister waded into this and make it worse
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

bushboy wrote:

Wow. Bushboy, are you a jailbird too? Na wa o....we've got quite some characters on this forum :mrgreen:
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

I so want.a team to sign the guy
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If Evans wants to return to football he should sign for a non-league club temporarily to keep his fitness up until he can find a Football League club to sign him. At least that way he can train, keep fit and in shape, and prove he still "has it" to Football League clubs scouting him.

That way he can stay out of the limelight long enough to find a Football League club brave enough to sign him.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote:If Evans wants to return to football he should sign for a non-league club temporarily to keep his fitness up until he can find a Football League club to sign him. At least that way he can train, keep fit and in shape, and prove he still "has it" to Football League clubs scouting him.

That way he can stay out of the limelight long enough to find a Football League club brave enough to sign him.
When these guys want to finish you, they will follow you through...even his local pub club will be haunted.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Evans needs to go abroad
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Gudo wrote:Evans needs to go abroad
He cant leave the country as per conditions of his sentence
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Prince wrote:

In that case he should concentrate on his training until his appeal has been heard. He is on a hiding to nothing right now. Even if he turned for the CE Jandon select they would be after him
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

While I find what he did despicable I can't agree with this mob rule thing that's going on.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Gudo wrote:
Prince wrote:

In that case he should concentrate on his training until his appeal has been heard. He is on a hiding to nothing right now. Even if he turned for the CE Jandon select they would be after him
Unfortunately the longer he stays away from the game, the more unlikely he is to return..the lynch mob have succeeded, the dude should start looking for a new career,and with a conviction hanging over his head, there is not much out there.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho