LAWAL SCORED TWICE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

At least Lawal scores goals for the SEs, unlike some strikers like Kanu
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

All those who were hating on my boy Lawal take a bow
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Some of you guys are just too much.....A worthless player scores in a worthless match and some of you have the temerity to use that as a basis for his inclusion on our National team....

Thank God none of you work in the human resources department of any reputable company. You would probably hire a habitual scam artist because he has good people skills
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

And there are some who are worth their weight in gold and haven't scored yet. Goals win games my friend. HABA WHAT DO YOU WANT, BLOOD? :shock: :shock: :shock:
anikulapo wrote:Some of you guys are just too much.....A worthless player scores in a worthless match and some of you have the temerity to use that as a basis for his inclusion on our National team....

Thank God none of you work in the human resources department of any reputable company. You would probably hire a habitual scam artist because he has good people skills
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

I am itching to say something but id rather shut up..
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

anikulapo wrote:Some of you guys are just too much.....A worthless player scores in a worthless match and some of you have the temerity to use that as a basis for his inclusion on our National team....

Ani

you forgot clubless.

A clubless, worthless player scores in a worthless match.................
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

I do speak German.
Nigeria won. 3:2. But Cologn played without their regulars (legionaire)according to the information. Cologn opened scoring on 52 minutes and dominated the first half. But SE took over the second half and dominated the match. What is that you don't understand. Lawal scored 2 goals and Utaka 1. Tell anything you don't understand and I will help you.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

No matter what, Lawal has continued justified his inclusion. The least we can do is give him and his selector(s) a benefit of a doubt.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Elexus, the bit they don't understand you can't help them. They can't understand why Lawal, a clubless player, also described by many as "past it, too old, worthless" could score 2 goals. But if he hadn't score and we had lost. They'll be asking how could we have lost. They'll even blame players like him and others for the loss
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

It is difficult to satisfy everybody. What do they want from the Eagles. You provided even the website of Cologn for them and they still question. One asks if Labal scored an own own goal. This people really can try the patience of Job.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

If we don't have such minds on this site, it won't feel Nigerian :shock:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Elexus wrote:It is difficult to satisfy everybody. What do they want from the Eagles. You provided even the website of Cologn for them and they still question. One asks if Labal scored an own own goal. This people really can try the patience of Job.
We want those deserving of the tops in the SE.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Futcha22 wrote:All those who were hating on my boy Lawal take a bow
Dude, I am one of his critics; good job by him today but this in all honesty is still a training match; we still have to see him in a tourney proper. Akwuegbu scores in training matches but yet eats cow crow dring the biggie.

Once Garba does well in Tunisia I will conceede...but this is a good start for him though and if anything is making me have a rethink about my criticism of his inclusion.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

maybe Lawal scored 2 and Utaka scored the own goal
Egg
Egg

Post by Unisol »

Its a Goal wrote:If we don't have such minds on this site, it won't feel Nigerian :shock:.
True that :lol:
I guess thats y we are the happiest people in the world
Go Super Eagles - We taught the world to play Soccer.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

theYemster wrote:
Once Garba does well in Tunisia I will conceede...but this is a good start for him though and if anything is making me have a rethink about my criticism of his inclusion.
I'm proud of you, my son!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

PaJimoh wrote:Waffiman, i go dey knock on your door very soon. I beg get redy to roll up your sleeves. You don disrespect my Hot Spurs for the last time. :D :D :D

Waffiman wrote:Na training match be this oh. How many times Pajimoh dey report Spuds training match wey Postiga score.? :P :P :P :P
abi .. oh call me when u dey go .. make i show am wahala as well
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

My critic of garba's inclusion is not based on wether he does well now or in ANC . I beleive thier's gotta be a criteria for making the SE team , albeit not writeen. There's going to be a time when clubless players don't make our team. You see European and South American players changing clubs to make their national teams. You see perenial bench warmers and clubless players suiting up for the eagles and we wonder why we don't jave stamina.
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

LAGOS777:
There is actually a well-established DE FACTO criteria: performance in an Eagles' shirt! It is only on this forum and among the chattering class that prestige (as in league, club or minutes) constitutes the premier criteria for selection.

Amokachi was a "bench warmer" at Everton when he was one of the Eagles' best-ever players, while Aghahowa performs in a purportedly 'backwater' league. I am not exactly sure how some European managers make their decision (eg, Isaac Okoronkwo cannot get a game on one of the Premiership's worst defenses), but the day that the Nigerian squad is effectively selected in far away European locales is the day that we should finally rip up the Green passport!
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Scoring goals against Yeye competition is nothing to write home about, Isn't it the veberable Ayo Akinfe that is fond of saying that Yakubu is a div one player who only sparkles against mediocre competition, now he wants to vindicate Lawal for scoring against the B side of a bottom rung bundesliga team. Abeg comot for road wit this yeye conclusion. I predict lawal will stink up the ANC but this game will just confirm my predicted CCC starting lineup with maybe Utaka replacing Ikedia.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

AS, you have to give Lawal some props. Reports indicate dude is having a steller time at camp. Until we see him play and assess his potential first hand, it's better to put all criticisms on hold.

King of the Abyss
Egg
Egg

Post by King of the Abyss »

Gotti wrote
LAGOS777:
There is actually a well-established DE FACTO criteria: performance in an Eagles' shirt! It is only on this forum and among the chattering class that prestige (as in league, club or minutes) constitutes the premier criteria for selection.
Interesting, and one can make an argument out of this till one turns blue in the face but I will simply address the case of Garba. The argument against him is that he has played for the team for the better part of a decade, and while he has acquitted himself reasonably well over this period of time, he does not fit the category of players you want to build a FUTURE world cup squad around. Look at the big picture now.

Lawal's inclusion, based on his past performances which is just one of many valid criteria you can use, has prevented the SE from blooding one deserving younger player, and thus delayed that player's process of assimilation into the FULL SE team. O.K, it's just one player, but you never know.

To the other point raised by various forum members, I ask, how can the scoring of goals validate Lawal's inclusion. The argument against him has never been his inability to score goals. One can infact see this performance as a single aberration, which is quite likely given his long history in the national team.
"The youth of a nation must, out of relative obscurity, discover it's mission, fulfill it, or betray it." - Frantz Fanon
Next
Egg
Egg
LAWAL SCORED TWICE

Post by Next »

i speak and understand german.

going by the report posted by pajimoh, it simply means: fc cologne lost to the eagles by 2-3, and that lawal laid 2 egg in their nest!
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku