Chelsea FC 2012/2013 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BLUES ALLEY:CHELSEA FANS ONLY

Post by paj »

Rafael Benitez: Chelsea will learn from past Man City mistakes
Rafael Benitez believes Chelsea will learn from past mistakes as they bid to book their FA Cup final place.

The Blues face Manchester City in Sunday's FA Cup semi-final at Wembley, with the interim manager adamant he is pleased with the season so far.

City beat Chelsea 2-0 in February at the Etihad Stadium, but Benitez says his team learned from the experience.

"We know what we did wrong against them in the league and we'll make sure we don't make the same mistakes," he said.

"They're a good team in a good position in the table, and did well against Manchester United the other day. We know it will be difficult but it's a semi-final in a massive competition.

Chelsea's fixture schedule
Chelsea could play 12 games in 36 days.

•14 April: Man City (FA Cup)
•17 April: Fulham (Premier League)
•21 April: Liverpool (Premier League)
•25 April: Basel (Europa League)
•27 April: Swansea (Premier League)
•2 May: Basel (Europa League)
•5 May: Man Utd (Premier League)
•11 May: Aston Villa (Premier League)
•11 May: Possible FA Cup final
•15 May: Possible Europa League final
•19 May: Everton (Premier League)
•To be arranged: Spurs (Premier League)
"They're a good team, a strong squad. They have a manager with experience and they have confidence at the moment. We know we'll have to do our best if we want to progress."

If Chelsea can beat the City on Sunday, a cup double remains in their sights, having edged past Rubin Kazan to progress into the Europa League semi-finals on Thursday.

Benitez's men were drawn against Tottenham's conquerors, Basel, in the final four on Friday, with the Stamford Bridge side currently third in the Premier League.

"In terms of two semi-finals and still in the top three we're really pleased," added the Spaniard.

"It's a young squad with new players coming into the Premier League. We still need more experience, but that's getting better.

"It's still too early. We will see what happens at the end of the season, but top three, another semi-final. Not bad."

Benitez believes City, who have not conceded a goal in this season's FA Cup, could benefit from having not been in action this week but has praised the way his own squad have coped with their schedule of facing a sixth game in 16 days.

"It's always an advantage (to have rested while Chelsea travelled). I don't know how much," he said.

"We've tried to manage our squad and we have players with some fresh legs. Hopefully we will be fine. We have too many games and we have to use the squad. Everyone has to be on their toes.

"They are doing really well. I was praising them yesterday and today."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22131873
HOW CAN WE BEAT CITY THIS SUNDAY ..GUYS??? :blink:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Chelsea FC 2012/2013 Season

Post by balo »

Chelsea's fixture schedule

Chelsea could play 12 games in 36 days.

14 April: Man City (FA Cup)
17 April: Fulham (Premier League)
21 April: Liverpool (Premier League)
25 April: Basel (Europa League)
27 April: Swansea (Premier League)
2 May: Basel (Europa League)
5 May: Man Utd (Premier League)
11 May: Aston Villa (Premier League)
11 May: Possible FA Cup final
15 May: Possible Europa League final
19 May: Everton (Premier League)
To be arranged: Spurs (Premier League)
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Paj, who would you choose out of these coaches

Pellegrini, Conte, Mourinho, Klopp.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

THE BIG QUESTION:EVEN FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS..HOW DO WE BEAT CITY ON SUNDAY? :mad: THOSE BOMBOKLATS HAVE HAD OUR # THIS SEASON..ENUFF IS ENUFF! :twisted:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

soma wrote:Paj, who would you choose out of these coaches

Pellegrini, Conte, Mourinho, Klopp.
Mourinho...without even thinking about it..why do U ask?
Pa
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

paj wrote:THE BIG QUESTION:EVEN FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS..HOW DO WE BEAT CITY ON SUNDAY? :mad: THOSE BOMBOKLATS HAVE HAD OUR # THIS SEASON..ENUFF IS ENUFF! :twisted:
simples.. stop supporting cfc and your jinx will be gone.
tufiakwa :D
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Lager-back wrote:
paj wrote:THE BIG QUESTION:EVEN FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS..HOW DO WE BEAT CITY ON SUNDAY? :mad: THOSE BOMBOKLATS HAVE HAD OUR # THIS SEASON..ENUFF IS ENUFF! :twisted:
..I wont do a free transfer..how much U get? :veryangry:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Lager-back wrote:

Defend well. Terry and Luiz must be forced to use ginko biloba before stepping on the field. :tic:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

paj wrote:
Lager-back wrote:
you're not wanted here, you're not wanted here
get me some chorizo and san miguel beer

:tic: :taunt:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Lager-back wrote:
paj wrote:
Lager-back wrote:
you're not wanted here, you're not wanted here
get me some chorizo and san miguel beer :tic: :taunt:
...no problem...would U like ya Bottled Piss mixed with Alomo Bitters on the rocks or regular? :evil:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

balo wrote:
Lager-back wrote:

Defend well. Terry and Luiz must be forced to use ginko biloba before stepping on the field. :tic:
...Olboy I dey hear sey Rafa dropped Terry and Lamps for this match O! :ohmy:
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Tbh I don't fancy Mourinho coming back. Mourinho does not give youth a chance and he stifles creativity. I would rather klopp or pellegrini.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

soma wrote:Tbh I don't fancy Mourinho coming back. Mourinho does not give youth a chance and he stifles creativity. I would rather klopp or pellegrini.
....If as youth you're exceptional U'll get a chance...what he probably wont do is put you out there if/when you're not ready...the ones wey vex comot when Mourinho was there where dem dey now?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mods abeg merge this with the season thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

soma wrote:Tbh I don't fancy Mourinho coming back. Mourinho does not give youth a chance and he stifles creativity. I would rather klopp or pellegrini.

Because Ozil/Cron/Di Mari/Alonso have all had their creativity stiffled.. I bow for you oh...

Regardless, I will like Klopp... Young and a lot to prove.. Currently working with young players at dortmund and can do the same with the current young crop of CFC players.. We appreciate Jose and will be great if he comes back, but I think CFC need a long term person for a long term project.

But I doubt Klopp is going anywhere..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Chelsea need a motivator, someone who's done it before and therefore demands their attention and LOYALTY. Klopp and Pellegrini would be bread and milk for Terry et al. The way to succeed in Chelsea is to turn the players towards a common enemy, thus diverting their megalomanias away from the throne. Mourinho can do that. Klopp wouldn't, Pellegrini, speaking via a translator, would be savaged before his first siesta.

@Paj, re: tactics, t'is hard in the current climate to move away from a formation that offers an extra body in the midfield. Playing two strikers is dead, almost. A Ba/Lukaku - Falcao (assuming his procurement) combination, would leave you short elsewhere. Perhaps the only way to balance it would be to have advanced wingers (Mata, Hazard) and two deep centre-mids, similar to what PSG did the other day vs, Barca. A 3-5-2 would be suicidal, so too a diamond formation. The 4-2-3-1 is the order of the day, though one suspects the next stop on the evolutionary wheel, will be the 3-4-3.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

analyzer wrote:

Because Ozil/Cron/Di Mari/Alonso have all had their creativity stiffled.. I bow for you oh...

Regardless, I will like Klopp... Young and a lot to prove.. Currently working with young players at dortmund and can do the same with the current young crop of CFC players.. We appreciate Jose and will be great if he comes back, but I think CFC need a long term person for a long term project.

But I doubt Klopp is going anywhere..
I could've sworn Klopp already turned down CFC. Na wa for Soma & longer throatitis.

https://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1337090
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Coach wrote:Chelsea need a motivator, someone who's done it before and therefore demands their attention and LOYALTY. Klopp and Pellegrini would be bread and milk for Terry et al. The way to succeed in Chelsea is to turn the players towards a common enemy, thus diverting their megalomanias away from the throne. Mourinho can do that. Klopp wouldn't, Pellegrini, speaking via a translator, would be savaged before his first siesta.

@Paj, re: tactics, t'is hard in the current climate to move away from a formation that offers an extra body in the midfield. Playing two strikers is dead, almost. A Ba/Lukaku - Falcao (assuming his procurement) combination, would leave you short elsewhere. Perhaps the only way to balance it would be to have advanced wingers (Mata, Hazard) and two deep centre-mids, similar to what PSG did the other day vs, Barca. A 3-5-2 would be suicidal, so too a diamond formation. The 4-2-3-1 is the order of the day, though one suspects the next stop on the evolutionary wheel, will be the 3-4-3.

You do realize that the days of likes of Terry/lamps dominating the back room is gradually coming to an end.. These players are on their way out.. .. Lamps contract might not be renewed... Malouda is pretty much out the door... Terry/Cole's contract expire next summer.... Cech is the only one I can say might last beyond next summer.. But if he overplays his hand, den go just go get Thibault Courtois... So I doubt dealing with exprienced/older big ego players will be an issue for someone like Klopp.... Excpet na Mikel e wan dey fear... :lol: he is coming to a team with relatively younger and unproven players.. arguably similar to what he had at dortmund...

@G4L.. Yeah, i remember that article.. Klopp seems like he wants to finish out his contract at Dortmund.. If could be Jose till 2016 and then Klopp... :thumbs: :thumbs: #wishfulthinking

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:
Coach wrote:Chelsea need a motivator, someone who's done it before and therefore demands their attention and LOYALTY. Klopp and Pellegrini would be bread and milk for Terry et al. The way to succeed in Chelsea is to turn the players towards a common enemy, thus diverting their megalomanias away from the throne. Mourinho can do that. Klopp wouldn't, Pellegrini, speaking via a translator, would be savaged before his first siesta.

You do realize that the days of likes of Terry/lamps dominating the back room is gradually coming to an end.. These players are on their way out.. .. Lamps contract might not be renewed... Malouda is pretty much out the door... Terry/Cole's contract expire next summer.... Cech is the only one I can say might last beyond next summer.. But if he overplays his hand, den go just go get Thibault Courtois... So I doubt dealing with exprienced/older big ego players will be an issue for someone like Klopp.... Excpet na Mikel e wan dey fear... :lol: he is coming to a team with relatively younger and unproven players.. arguably similar to what he had at dortmund...

@G4L.. Yeah, i remember that article.. Klopp seems like he wants to finish out his contract at Dortmund.. If could be Jose till 2016 and then Klopp... :thumbs: :thumbs: #wishfulthinking
...I dont know why U keep peddling this lockerroom ego stuff...very little to it imho.....If another coach comes in and Terry regains form over the summer your language will change..when he's in good shape he's still one of the best out there....
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

paj wrote:
analyzer wrote:

...I dont know why U keep peddling this lockerroom ego stuff...very little to it imho.....If another coach comes in and Terry regains form over the summer your language will change..when he's in good shape he's still one of the best out there....

Oboy, if you want to be naive - na your shelenge be that.. At Chelsea, there is/was a group of players that have strong influences.. Not saying they dictate who must play or not, but they are an influential bunch.... These were players that got to such a status by virtue of their importance and service to the club.. You only need an equally exprienced and strong manager to put such group in check...

And JT is on a decline.. the injuries have ravaged the bobo.. Not sure how much quality years left in him.. maybe after a summer of rest he can be re-evaluated next season.. He brings bravado, organization and leadership.. But with a declining skill set, questions will be asked..

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:
paj wrote:
analyzer wrote:

Oboy, if you want to be naive - na your shelenge be that.. At Chelsea, there is/was a group of players that have strong influences.. Not saying they dictate who must play or not, but they are an influential bunch.... These were players that got to such a status by virtue of their importance and service to the club.. You only need an equally exprienced and strong manager to put such group in check...

And JT is on a decline.. the injuries have ravaged the bobo.. Not sure how much quality years left in him.. maybe after a summer of rest he can be re-evaluated next season.. He brings bravado, organization and leadership.. But with a declining skill set, questions will be asked..
Lemme put it this way..these players have been around longenough to know if a coach knows what he's doing.If a coach comes in and begins to put them/team in jeopardy then someone has to speak up.....I doubt they'd be "Influential" if the coach has good man-management and tactics....but I doubt even @ any other club experienced players will sit back and watch a coach derail their status...
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

paj wrote: Lemme put it this way..these players have been around longenough to know if a coach knows what he's doing.If a coach comes in and begins to put them/team in jeopardy then someone has to speak up.....I doubt they'd be "Influential" if the coach has good man-management and tactics....but I doubt even @ any other club experienced players will sit back and watch a coach derail their status...
analyzer wrote: At Chelsea, there is/was a group of players that have strong influences.. Not saying they dictate who must play or not, but they are an influential bunch.... These were players that got to such a status by virtue of their importance and service to the club.. You only need an equally exprienced and strong manager to put such group in check...

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Pelligrini and not Jose will most likely replace Rafa on a full time job. J
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.