Chelsea FC 2012/2013 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Chelsea FC 2012/2013 Season

Post by balo »

Chelsea are expected to confirm they have agreed terms with midfielder Frank Lampard, 34, over a new contract.

Full story: London Evening Standard

Chelsea defender Ashley Cole, 32, will be invited to captain England against the Republic of Ireland on 29 May to commemorate his 100th cap.

Full story: Daily Mail

Chelsea's Europa League final bid almost got off to the worst possible start, when the team coach left their Amsterdam hotel without goalkeeper Petr Cech, 30.

Full story: Metro

Chelsea's Belgian attacker Eden Hazard, 22, says he would welcome the chance to work with Jose Mourinho, who has been linked with the manager's job.

Full story: Daily Express
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

balo wrote:
paj wrote:ChelsTransferGossip ‏@ChelsTransfer 1m Chelsea have submitted an opening offer of £18m for Di Maria but #RMCF only willing to sell at . #CFC expected to return with 2nd offer.Expand Collapse Reply Retweet Retweeted
Delete
Favorite Favorited More
Email Tweet Embed Tweet

How old is Di Maria again? IS he worth £30m?
Okokobioko swears he's the best right winger in the world.

Good player but not in an area of need which happens to be ball playing CM & CF.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

This Chelsea self na wow,so they are out to sign Rooney?The news around is that Rooney might not cost more than 14m.Make ago check my Arsenal target for the summer
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Chelsea's Frank Lampard signs one-year contract

Post by Bigpokey24 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22548313
Frank Lampard has signed a one-year contract to stay at Chelsea.

The England midfielder became the club's all-time leading scorer last week, but his existing deal was due to expire at the end of this season.

"I'm absolutely delighted. Everybody knows I always maintained the dream to stay," the 34-year-old said.

"I want to thank Mr Abramovich for making the dream a reality. I love this club, the staff, the players and especially the supporters
:thumb:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote:This Chelsea self na wow,so they are out to sign Rooney?The news around is that Rooney might not cost more than 14m.Make ago check my Arsenal target for the summer

So being a Chelsea fan that you are, are you satisfied with the Striker department this season or even the past?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

kajifu wrote:This Chelsea self na wow,so they are out to sign Rooney?The news around is that Rooney might not cost more than 14m.Make ago check my Arsenal target for the summer
Did you remove your blue jersey and take it for a wash so you can proudly wear and show that you are a true blue
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Rooney for anything under 20 mill is a swoop! A solid right-back and Chelsea are in business.
Spicyee
Egg
Egg
Re: Chelsea's Frank Lampard signs one-year contract

Post by Spicyee »

...but they sold Drogba... :curse:
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Coach wrote:Rooney for anything under 20 mill is a swoop! A solid right-back and Chelsea are in business.
Azpilicueta has locked down right back.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

There will be better opposition than Benfica. Good though he is, he shouldn't be playing 40 odds games, thats madness.
valachi
Egg
Egg

Post by valachi »

Drogba was offered a year contract as well, he followed the chinesse money. A man can make his own choice IMHO
IN SIAONE WE TRUST. BONAFIDE SE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Eyenowo wrote:...but they sold Drogba... :curse:

Drogba followed the money.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Glad for Lamps. He wants that record to be more difficult to break.

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

..the neckless heB*tch knows there's a season thread o.. :arrow: :arrow:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

paj wrote:..the neckless heB*tch knows there's a season thread o.. :arrow: :arrow:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Get Football News ‏@GetFootballNews 44m EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea prepare £19million bid for Real Madrid player! Read NOW: http://bit.ly/18NJkQM Retweeted by Football Jokes
Expand Collapse Reply Retweet Retweeted
..we going for Khedira?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Why 19 for Khedira when Fellani has a 22 million buy out clause? Or is this the customary, make way for Man United agreement that all clubs have?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22548313
Frank Lampard has signed a one-year contract to stay at Chelsea.

The England midfielder became the club's all-time leading scorer last week, but his existing deal was due to expire at the end of this season.

"I'm absolutely delighted. Everybody knows I always maintained the dream to stay," the 34-year-old said.

"I want to thank Mr Abramovich for making the dream a reality. I love this club, the staff, the players and especially the supporters
:thumb:
I'm happy both sides where able to reach an agreement. :thumb:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Coach wrote:There will be better opposition than Benfica. Good though he is, he shouldn't be playing 40 odds games, thats madness.
Ivanovic can play RB (voted to team of the season as RB a couple seasons ago).
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Coach wrote:Why 19 for Khedira when Fellani has a 22 million buy out clause? Or is this the customary, make way for Man United agreement that all clubs have?
CFC isn't looking for a seven foot bean pole to lump it downfield to. Fellaini is a better forward than holding midfielder.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Coach wrote:Why 19 for Khedira when Fellani has a 22 million buy out clause? Or is this the customary, make way for Man United agreement that all clubs have?
...In the grand scheme of things Khedira comes up as an already made fit for what Chelsea is looking for...if we get Fellaini we'll have to start teaching him the holding position, pretty much like we're doing with David Luiz now..we no get dat kin time if we dey try win everything available next season..:p
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/207595.html#

Falcao gives Chelsea glimmer of hope
ESPN staff
May 16, 2013 « New Zealand frustrate England on slow day
Radamel Falcao is expected to join Monaco © Getty Images
Enlarge Related LinksNews: Chelsea target Falcao '90%' at Monaco

News: Lampard signs one-year Chelsea extension

Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao has dismissed speculation over his future, saying he is fully focused on enjoying Friday's Copa del Rey final against city rivals Real Madrid.

The build-up to the decider has seen Falcao heavily linked with a big money move to ambitious Ligue 1 side Monaco, with Chelsea and Real Madrid also thought to be among the other clubs interested in his signature.

His future plans also dominated the questions at Thursday evening's pre-game press conference, but the Colombian hitman said he had grown used to ignoring such apparently unfounded rumours.

"I do not know anything about that," Falcao said. "I am just thinking about Atletico Madrid. I am on the margin of all this speculation. The media have linked me with half of Europe - Manchester United, Real Madrid... Since I arrived here they have been sending me away."

Asked if this might be his last big game for Atletico, Falcao said journalists had written that before last season's Europa League final, and been proven wrong then.

"They said after the final of the Europa League in Bucharest, that if we did not qualify for the Champions League I would have to leave," he said. "I do not know what to think, the only thing I know is that I have a contract with Atletico. The rest is speculation."

Falcao has won his last three finals, scoring in each game as Porto won the 2011 Europa League and Atletico the 2012 Europa League and European Super Cup trophies. He admitted to enjoying the big stage such deciders provided.

"While you are playing finals you enjoy them more," he said. "They are games that always have a lot of tension, but when you have more experience you can remember more of the details. They are moments you must experience and enjoy, while giving the best you can for yourself and for the team."

Given Atletico's infamous 14-year run without a 'derbi' win, and the quality of squad available to Jose Mourinho, most pundits are making Madrid heavy favourites for the trophy. But Falcao said he was not worried if people saw his team as underdogs for the game at Madrid's Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.

"I do not read many papers but I suppose they make Madrid favourites because of the players they have, their budget...," he said. "We focus on our own chances, the faith we have in ourselves. It does not bother us if people make them favourites."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/st ... 5uHb2cm.99
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:
balo wrote:
paj wrote:ChelsTransferGossip ‏@ChelsTransfer 1m Chelsea have submitted an opening offer of £18m for Di Maria but #RMCF only willing to sell at . #CFC expected to return with 2nd offer.Expand Collapse Reply Retweet Retweeted
Delete
Favorite Favorited More
Email Tweet Embed Tweet

How old is Di Maria again? IS he worth £30m?
Okokobioko swears he's the best right winger in the world.

Good player but not in an area of need which happens to be ball playing CM & CF.
Lampard signing is great news and for a deal tat makes sense to all parties involved. I think the decision probably was influenced by the prospective new coach.. :sneaky: :sneaky: Need his experience and leadership. As long as he is ok with playing a similar role next season as he did this season, no yawa..

As for Di Maria - if the alternative is Shurrle for the rumoured 20M Euros, abeg give me Di Maria.. Inconsistent/injury prone, but a proven player who on his day, he is unplayable.. Puyol can attest to that.. :lol: :lol: :lol: I just do not think he is currently worth > the 18M.. his value should have dropped significantly from that close to 30M madrid payed initially..

But like rightly stated, have to address areas of needs first.. But no go lie, the drop in quality a times this season from Hazard out wide to Moses/Ram and even oscar was alarming..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....