Chelsea FC 2012/2013 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chelsea FC 2012/2013 Season

Post by Lager-back »

My brother just asked me if the FSW will be at the Chelsea CPO dinner on Friday. I said "I hope so. How else are we going to be served our food?"
:rotf: :rotf:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Chelsea Youth ‏@chelseayouth 16m Thorgan Hazard has a hand in 4 of 5 goals - scoring 2 himself - to help Zulte win 5-2 and set up a final day title decider vs Anderlecht.Expand Collapse Reply Retweet Retweeted
Delete
Favorite Favorited More
Email Tweet Embed Tweet
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Paj is the news true that Chelsea want to sell my boy Moses or is it another JJC?
I hope the story is true,the boy deserve more playing time.
Is this Jose work in back ground befor he land?
I hope wenger is looking at the situation
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

paj wrote:Chelsea Youth ‏@chelseayouth 16m Thorgan Hazard has a hand in 4 of 5 goals - scoring 2 himself - to help Zulte win 5-2 and set up a final day title decider vs Anderlecht.Expand Collapse Reply Retweet Retweeted
Delete
Favorite Favorited More
Email Tweet Embed Tweet

Have not been following Thorgan closely, but damn - all reports have been positive.. This unknown team they said he has single handedly carried to 2nd place and into europe.. One to keep a close eye on.. Consider loaning him to a more competitive league next season.. Thought he was bought to keep his older brother happy but I guess he also has game...
Also heard he has also been called up to the Belgian NT....
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:
paj wrote:Chelsea Youth ‏@chelseayouth 16m Thorgan Hazard has a hand in 4 of 5 goals - scoring 2 himself - to help Zulte win 5-2 and set up a final day title decider vs Anderlecht.Expand Collapse Reply Retweet Retweeted
Delete
Favorite Favorited More
Email Tweet Embed Tweet

Have not been following Thorgan closely, but damn - all reports have been positive.. This unknown team they said he has single handedly carried to 2nd place and into europe.. One to keep a close eye on.. Consider loaning him to a more competitive league next season.. Thought he was bought to keep his older brother happy but I guess he also has game...
Also heard he has also been called up to the Belgian NT....
...Olboy..I'm been keeping an eye, even watching some match highlights..caught a glimpse of a match he was playing in a month ago..If they make it into champion's league abeg leave am there..he'll be 18/19..no need to rush...I no wan make he go more established team go siddon for bench..we need them playing football..see as Piazon remain benchwarmer for Malaga..
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

kajifu wrote:Paj is the news true that Chelsea want to sell my boy Moses or is it another JJC?
I hope the story is true,the boy deserve more playing time.
Is this Jose work in back ground befor he land?
I hope wenger is looking at the situation
...that's ok..each time we loan U a player he comes back worse..see wetin una do Benayoun... :boo:
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

oboy Thorgan just turned 20 this year.

Send him to a more competitive league not a big big team.. send him to dutch league, french league, german league or could be good enough to get regular PT at a mid table EPL team.

Forget about UCL angle.. His club will most likely not make it to the group stages.. Right now, it is about development..

The piazon move is still head scratching.. that must have been some ogboju runs where CFC is meant to get something in return..

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:oboy Thorgan just turned 20 this year.

Send him to a more competitive league not a big big team.. send him to dutch league, french league, german league or could be good enough to get regular PT at a mid table EPL team.

Forget about UCL angle.. His club will most likely not make it to the group stages.. Right now, it is about development..

The piazon move is still head scratching.. that must have been some ogboju runs where CFC is meant to get something in return..
...as long as he's getting regular action fine..heck..if he can even get into one of the Europa teams for EPL ..fine..I just wanted to see how he'd fare in the champs league against some really big teams...to gain experience of what to expect..I think we hit another jackpot here...CFC go sweet to watch die in thenext few years..
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Outgoing interim Chelsea manager Rafael Benitez says Jose Mourinho will have £100m to spend this summer when he returns to Stamford Bridge.

Full story: the Sun :taunt: :taunt:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Some (on WAGNH) thought the Piazon move would somehow help in acquiring Isco but it seems irrelevant to the Isco possibilities. http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/ ... cas-piazon
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:

Some (on WAGNH) thought the Piazon move would somehow help in acquiring Isco but it seems irrelevant to the Isco possibilities. http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/ ... cas-piazon
IMO, that deal made no sense what so ever as far as the player in reference is concerned. This na how boss men dey do deals.. Chelsea and Malaga know the ultimate gain..
Meanwhile, i pray zola and his watford boyz make it into the EPL this weekend.. Another place we can send players to.. :thumb: :thumb:

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

analyzer wrote:
green4life wrote:

IMO, that deal made no sense what so ever as far as the player in reference is concerned. This na how boss men dey do deals.. Chelsea and Malaga know the ultimate gain..
Meanwhile, i pray zola and his watford boyz make it into the EPL this weekend.. Another place we can send players to.. :thumb: :thumb:
True on Watford playoff finals though Crystal Palace with Zaha ain't no joke. I watched a couple of their league games before the playoffs so I know they will be a handful and for me favorites. But I'm hoping Zola is able to pull his boys thru.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

‏@indykaila 1h #Mourinho has requested #CFC to make bids for two #Realmadrid players while negotiating with #CFC officials for manager post via club sourceExpand Collapse Reply Retweet Retweeted
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22573065

Chelsea are 2014 favourites, says Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas
Comments (50)

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has named former club Chelsea as favourites to win the 2014 Premier League title.

He argues a possible return for ex-boss Jose Mourinho and managerial changes at Manchester's top-flight clubs will strengthen Chelsea's position.

"Chelsea next season will absolutely be the team to beat," said Villas-Boas.

"Bearing in mind the manager change and the manager that we expect to come in. Plus they will be strengthening an already very good squad."

Chelsea can already call on the attacking talents of Oscar, Juan Mata and Eden Hazard and interim boss Rafael Benitez claimed, after winning the Europa League, his successor would have £100m to spend in the summer.

Villas-Boas was sacked by Chelsea last year after just nine months in charge, but has since enjoyed a successful spell at London rivals Tottenham.

The Portuguese manager is, however, still chasing the target set by his club chairman Daniel Levy, who wants to see his side qualify for the Champions League.

Tottenham must beat Sunderland in the final Premier League matches on Sunday and rely on Arsenal dropping points at Newcastle if they are to finish fourth in the table, and claim the final Champions League spot.

Should Spurs finish outside the top four clubs - Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal as things stand - then Villas-Boas says Tottenham will have to invest in new players over the summer.

"I think what it represents, if we don't achieve it, is one more sign that you have to push up to get closer to that group," he added.

"Whenever that group is competing for titles, the reference of points will be higher and you have to improve and you have to get more points the next time.

"Our step at the moment is to be into the Champions League, probably not title contenders but we hope to be competitive next season if we manage to do things properly in the summer.

"You have to strengthen for next season to get a higher tally of points. I think we have a group of players that attract other players to come here."

Villas-Boas did not rule out a move for 31-year-old Barcelona striker David Villa, the latest player to be linked to the north London club.

"He's one of the world's best strikers, but at the moment we are focused on trying to get the fourth spot," said Villas-Boas.

Tottenham's main goal this summer is to hold on to 25-goal forward Gareth Bale but Villas-Boas said he did not know if the highly-rated Welsh playmaker was any closer to agreeing terms.

"I'm not sure, our interest is for the player to continue here and I've made that very clear," he said.

"I have said this numerous times; we are pretty confident we will be able to keep him."
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22573065

Chelsea are 2014 favourites, says Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas
Comments (50)

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has named former club Chelsea as favourites to win the 2014 Premier League title.

He argues a possible return for ex-boss Jose Mourinho and managerial changes at Manchester's top-flight clubs will strengthen Chelsea's position.

"Chelsea next season will absolutely be the team to beat," said Villas-Boas.

"Bearing in mind the manager change and the manager that we expect to come in. Plus they will be strengthening an already very good squad."

Chelsea can already call on the attacking talents of Oscar, Juan Mata and Eden Hazard and interim boss Rafael Benitez claimed, after winning the Europa League, his successor would have £100m to spend in the summer.

Villas-Boas was sacked by Chelsea last year after just nine months in charge, but has since enjoyed a successful spell at London rivals Tottenham.

The Portuguese manager is, however, still chasing the target set by his club chairman Daniel Levy, who wants to see his side qualify for the Champions League.

Tottenham must beat Sunderland in the final Premier League matches on Sunday and rely on Arsenal dropping points at Newcastle if they are to finish fourth in the table, and claim the final Champions League spot.

Should Spurs finish outside the top four clubs - Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal as things stand - then Villas-Boas says Tottenham will have to invest in new players over the summer.

"I think what it represents, if we don't achieve it, is one more sign that you have to push up to get closer to that group," he added.

"Whenever that group is competing for titles, the reference of points will be higher and you have to improve and you have to get more points the next time.

"Our step at the moment is to be into the Champions League, probably not title contenders but we hope to be competitive next season if we manage to do things properly in the summer.

"You have to strengthen for next season to get a higher tally of points. I think we have a group of players that attract other players to come here."

Villas-Boas did not rule out a move for 31-year-old Barcelona striker David Villa, the latest player to be linked to the north London club.

"He's one of the world's best strikers, but at the moment we are focused on trying to get the fourth spot," said Villas-Boas.

Tottenham's main goal this summer is to hold on to 25-goal forward Gareth Bale but Villas-Boas said he did not know if the highly-rated Welsh playmaker was any closer to agreeing terms.

"I'm not sure, our interest is for the player to continue here and I've made that very clear," he said.

"I have said this numerous times; we are pretty confident we will be able to keep him."
Villa-Boas is a fool,so the coming of Jose will not affect Chelsea from manager changes?Chelsea of today is not the same chelsea when Jose first land.If City get a decent coach,it will be tough to beat them..
Alot can happen during the summer and make we wait till August.I hope Arsenal get some real ballers to fight for the tittle.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Incoming Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho will try to hijack Manchester United's attempt to bring Real Madrid striker Cristiano Ronaldo, 28, back to English football.

Full story: Daily Mail

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Rob Beasley ‏@1RobBeasley 39m Right off to bed...got a big exclusive interview with Chelsea new signing tomorrowExpand

...if you're a chelseafan..this is a fantastic source to follow..he winds people up as U can see(cause everyone starts asking "who who who")..but he WORKS for Chelsea and has major inside scoop..infact he had mentioned weeks ago that Falcao wasn't coming..but Mourinho is..
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

...looks like David Beckham will be joining the training staff @ the Chelsea Youth Academy..
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Kevin de Bruyne has finished a great individual season. Not by accident that Dortmund and Leverkusen are interested.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

kofi86 wrote:Kevin de Bruyne has finished a great individual season. Not by accident that Dortmund and Leverkusen are interested.
I might be crazy in saying this but if lukaku, piazon and KDB come back, I do not think chelsea need to buy big time this summer. A midfielder and defender would be great. How is that dutch guy that arnesen took on loan from cfc ? I forget his name..
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Lager-back wrote:
kofi86 wrote:Kevin de Bruyne has finished a great individual season. Not by accident that Dortmund and Leverkusen are interested.
I might be crazy in saying this but if lukaku, piazon and KDB come back, I do not think chelsea need to buy big time this summer. A midfielder and defender would be great. How is that dutch guy that arnesen took on loan from cfc ? I forget his name..
Hm reports indicate that de Bruyne will stay in the Bundesliga, but just rumours though. You are talking about Bruma, he is bad, really really bad.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

...they can look...wont get him...
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chelsea have told Manchester United to name their price for striker Wayne Rooney, 27, who is also wanted by Paris St-Germain.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao, 27, will become Manchester City's first signing of the Manuel Pellegrini era after the Etihad club agreed a British record transfer fee £50m for him.
Full story: Sunday People