Chelsea FC 2012/2013 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Biafra
Egg
Egg
Chelsea FC 2012/2013 Season

Post by Biafra »

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is still trying to convince Pep Guardiola to make the move to Stamford Bridge.

Guardiola will leave Barcelona at the end of the season and it emerged this week Abramovich was prepared to make him the highest paid manager in the game.

It's claimed the Spaniard has already turned down Abramovich, insisting he needs a break from the game.

However, El Confidencial says the Russian is refusing to give up and has even offered to buy Lionel Messi for Guardiola to kickoff his career in London.

But it would take Abramovich £200 million to tempt Barca into parting with the Argentine.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... la-3164991

I am feeling dizzzzzzzzzzzy
:???: :drool: :???: :blushing:
...all for the good of the game, for 'football is full of idiots and egotists; men obsessed with squeezing out every last penny from the game that gives them a living'.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Abramovich Ready to Buy Messi £200m for Guardiola

Post by Tbite »

Funnily enough..I think it might be worth the money
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

I doubt this story is true and if it really is then Abramovich is a bigger angel* than I thought.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Mr. Piffington wrote:I doubt this story is true and if it really is then Abramovich is a bigger angel* than I thought.
so you are calling me an angel*?

:? :? :?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Mr. Piffington wrote:I doubt this story is true and if it really is then Abramovich is a bigger angel* than I thought.
The story is Junk. No one is going to be able to spend that kind of Money with the new FFP rules coming into play.
YNWA
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

heavyd wrote:
The story is Junk. No one is going to be able to spend that kind of Money with the new FFP rules coming into play.
it's from tribalfootball. Not worth reading sef.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

Abraham is about repeating old mistakes.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

There is Time for Everything....

Your Club Preparing for the Biggest Club Final and this..

Stop Undermining what You currently have.....
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

GUEST wrote:There is Time for Everything....

Your Club Preparing for the Biggest Club Final and this..

Stop Undermining what You currently have.....

Chelsea will debunk the story. So it doesn't matter when it is leaked.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Biafra
Egg
Egg

Post by Biafra »

It is his money. What's your beef?
...all for the good of the game, for 'football is full of idiots and egotists; men obsessed with squeezing out every last penny from the game that gives them a living'.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

*cough cough* If I don't sign Messi for Chelsea by the end of this summer, I will be called 'Roman Obamovitch'. :sneaky:
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

tribalfootball.com has been banned on many forums. I suggest Cybereagles take a leaf from those forums.
"the black man is his own worst enemy; he is jealous of himself,envious and covetous" ---marcus garvey
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

I laff...has anyone been taking a look @ Chelsea's buying strategy recently?One player we're close to signing is Partizan Belgrade midfielder Lazar Markovic for about 7M Euros(not pounds O!)....bought Marko Marin for 6.5MP.....point is..the day of Chelsea spending that kin' moni is over....and as Barcelona has proven..having Messi does not guarantee nada.. :taunt: ...who needs Messi when we've got Mata? 8-)
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Roman Obamovitch wrote:*cough cough* If I don't sign Messi for Chelsea by the end of this summer, I will be called 'Roman Obamovitch'. :sneaky:
..who's this? :atc:
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Nothing is impossible. Roman is an Oligarch. He is brave man. You need to understand his Russian Mafia background.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

paj wrote:I laff...has anyone been taking a look @ Chelsea's buying strategy recently?One player we're close to signing is Partizan Belgrade midfielder Lazar Markovic for about 7M Euros(not pounds O!)....bought Marko Marin for 6.5MP.....point is..the day of Chelsea spending that kin' moni is over....and as Barcelona has proven..having Messi does not guarantee nada.. :taunt: ...who needs Messi when we've got Mata? 8-)
this lazar is 18 yr old. whats gonna happened to mceachran ? i hope they are not buying these players for them to be loaned out.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

papparassi Sport wrote:Nothing is impossible. Roman is an Oligarch. He is brave man. You need to understand his Russian Mafia background.
..dude...he had the option to buy @ least FOUR players this season...good ballers too..turned them down because they were overpriced.....if U believe this story then I have a lorryload of Diet Water to sell U..
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Lager-back wrote:
paj wrote:I laff...has anyone been taking a look @ Chelsea's buying strategy recently?One player we're close to signing is Partizan Belgrade midfielder Lazar Markovic for about 7M Euros(not pounds O!)....bought Marko Marin for 6.5MP.....point is..the day of Chelsea spending that kin' moni is over....and as Barcelona has proven..having Messi does not guarantee nada.. :taunt: ...who needs Messi when we've got Mata? 8-)
this lazar is 18 yr old. whats gonna happened to mceachran ? i hope they are not buying these players for them to be loaned out.
..dude..easy with the ammo.. :sneaky: ...it gives us options...games that showed we ran thin in options were the matches against Newcastle and Liverpool.......we're not done buying yet..but it's also important to understand the financial stance the team is taking by buying those that will form the backbone in a few..I'm sure some established players are on the radar too..I hear there was a 'chat' with Lavessi's agent...
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Messi is worth much more than 200m pounds/Euros/whatever. The money Barca generates from jersey sales, ticket sales, tv revenue, cup competitions, summer tours, stadium tours (it costs around 25 euros to get a tour of the Camp Nou), etc can all be attributed in some way or another to the star power of Lionel Messi. The amount of money has generated for them is well over 200m and in all likelihood he will continue to generate absurd amounts of money for Barca until he begins to decline. Would I consider selling Messi for 200m sometime down the line as he approaches his 30s? Absolutely. But not now when the guy is nearly 25 years old and has only improved every season since he debuted for the club.

I'll also say that Ronaldo is the only other player on this planet right now worth over 200m.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Mata of fact, u talk tru! :D
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

Heliopolis wrote:Messi is worth much more than 200m pounds/Euros/whatever. .
well, you may want to talk to Barcelona, because it seems they do not agree with you. if they feel Messi is worth more than 200m Pounds, perhaps they should update that on his buy-out clause? :lol:
"the black man is his own worst enemy; he is jealous of himself,envious and covetous" ---marcus garvey
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Heliopolis wrote:Messi is worth much more than 200m pounds/Euros/whatever. The money Barca generates from jersey sales, ticket sales, tv revenue, cup competitions, summer tours, stadium tours (it costs around 25 euros to get a tour of the Camp Nou), etc can all be attributed in some way or another to the star power of Lionel Messi. The amount of money has generated for them is well over 200m and in all likelihood he will continue to generate absurd amounts of money for Barca until he begins to decline. Would I consider selling Messi for 200m sometime down the line as he approaches his 30s? Absolutely. But not now when the guy is nearly 25 years old and has only improved every season since he debuted for the club.

I'll also say that Ronaldo is the only other player on this planet right now worth over 200m.
...nice Salesman pitch there but we still ain't buying...but they can try peddling him to the Sheikh next zipcode upstream @ Manchester.. 8-)
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Biafra wrote:
It is his money. What's your beef?
It's his money but doesn't mean he can't be an angel*. I doubt the story is true anyway.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.