Siasia Misses Out on Brazil 2014.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Siasia Misses Out on Brazil 2014.

Post by Kabalega »

Witness the arousal of a sleeping footie giant. :D

Micho appointed Uganda Cranes coach
By James Bakama and Swalley Kenyi

SERBIAN tactician Milutin 'Micho' Sredojević has been unveiled as the new Cranes coach on a two year deal this afternoon at FUFA House in Mengo.

The Cranes job recently went vacant following the sacking Bobby Williamson. The Scotsman, a record four time CECAFA winner, failed on his key assignment of taking the Cranes to the final tournament of the Africa Cup of Nations.

Speaking briefly in luganda after his unveiling, Micho thanked Ugandans and said he was privileged to be back.

"This is my footballing home. I started my dream here. Am happy to come back home after travelling all over the continent," a cheereful Micho said "from the time I left Uganda in July 2004, I have been absent in body but my soul has always been here."

Micho, 43, comes to Uganda after also being relieved of his duties in neighbouring Rwanda for also failing the Amavubi to the big stage.

Police FC coach Sam Timbe, BUL BIDCO coach Kefa Kisala and goalkeeping coach Fred Kajoba will be Micho's assistants.

He was also quick to pay homage to the man whose shoes he will fill; Bobby Williamson, who was sacked a couple of months back.

"I fully appreciate all the good work that my predecessors have done. I believe that the support I will have will make us fly on

Micho brings immense experience from the African scene in a career that started off in 2001 in Villa. He won one CECAFA titles with the Jogoos on top of four local league trophies.

After the spell at Villa, he went on to win the league title in Ethiopia with St George.
http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/642988- ... coach.html
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Siasia Misses Out on Brazil 2014.

Post by Man Ataye »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

In short:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Kabalega wrote:Witness the arousal of a sleeping footie giant. :D
He didn't qualify Rwanda, and I doubt he will qualify you. It baffles me that East African teams continue pouring money down the FC drain. What exactly are you guys getting from this extra expense? Hire me, and I will fail to qualify you .... but I will do it cheap.
Kabalega wrote:
The Cranes job recently went vacant following the sacking Bobby Williamson. The Scotsman, a record four time CECAFA winner, failed on his key assignment of taking the Cranes to the final tournament of the Africa Cup of Nations.
This is like saying Arsenal has won a record number of Emirates Cups.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

The Eagle wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The Eagle wrote:
He didn't qualify Rwanda, and I doubt he will qualify you. It baffles me that East African teams continue pouring money down the FC drain. What exactly are you guys getting from this extra expense? Hire me, and I will fail to qualify you .... but I will do it cheap.
Kabalega wrote:
This is the most exciting hiring in a long time.
  1. Micho started his African career in Uganda
  2. This was even before the GFA discovered Serbian coaches.
  3. The guy is a Serbian-Ugandan. He even has a local name Serunjogi. :D
  4. During his 3 year stint, he helped many of his players get Euro contracts and join the Cranes.
  5. Micho knows Ugandans and loves them. He especially knows the Ugandan player's psyche.
  6. In other words, Micho is like a local coach.
  7. Siasia would have had a longer acclimatization process but we don't have time. The WC qualifiers are coming up.
  8. Micho knows Ugandans have untapped talent and is passionate about taking that talent to it's full potential.
  9. Micho is willing to setup sound youth structures.
  10. Siasia is used to working with old men passing for young men. :twisted:
  11. Micho watched a Uganda FA cup game right after his unveiling. The past FCs had to be dragged to such games.
  12. Micho is the Bruno Metsu of Uganda and can even make it to the final in Brazil. :D
  13. Micho achieved more with less talented Rwanda than Ghanaian Sellas Tetteh.
  14. Micho will work wonders with Ugandan talent.
  15. Micho knows the African (CAF) landscape.
  16. The guy is hungry for success and at 43, wants to leave a legacy.
  17. He knows he will go places with the Uganda Cranes.
  18. This is a match made in heaven. :D
  19. BTW, lest we forget, Nigeria's biggest achievements were with an FC. :twisted:
  20. The Cranes are going to the WC. You heard it here first!
Last edited by Kabalega on Wed May 22, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Kabalega wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
  2. The guy is a Serbian-Ugandan. He even has a local name Serunjogi. :D
  3. During his 3 year stint, he helped many of his players get Euro contracts and join the Cranes.
  4. Micho knows Ugandans and loves them. He especially knows the Ugandan player's psyche.
  5. In other words, Micho is like a local coach.
  6. Siasia would have had a longer acclimatization process but we don't have time. The WC qualifiers are coming up.
  7. Micho knows Ugandans have untapped talent and is passionate about taking that talent to it's full potential.
  8. Micho is willing to setup sound youth structures.
  9. Siasia is used to working with old men passing for young men. :twisted:
  10. Micho watched a Uganda FA cup game right after his unveiling. The past FCs had to be dragged to such games.
  11. Micho is the Bruno Metsu of Uganda and can even make it to the final in Brazil. :D
  12. Micho achieved more with less talented Rwanda than Ghanaian Sellas Tetteh.
  13. Micho will work wonders with Ugandan talent.
  14. Micho knows the African (CAF) landscape.
  15. The guy is hungry for success and at 43, wants to leave a legacy.
  16. This is a match made in heaven. :D
  17. BTW, we all know that Nigeria's biggest achievements were with an FC. :twisted:

Serunjogi ko Ferenjogi ni!!
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Kabalega wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
  2. The guy is a Serbian-Ugandan. He even has a local name Serunjogi. :D
  3. During his 3 year stint, he helped many of his players get Euro contracts and join the Cranes.
  4. Micho knows Ugandans and loves them. He especially knows the Ugandan player's psyche.
  5. In other words, Micho is like a local coach.
  6. Siasia would have had a longer acclimatization process but we don't have time. The WC qualifiers are coming up.
  7. Micho knows Ugandans have untapped talent and is passionate about taking that talent to it's full potential.
  8. Micho is willing to setup sound youth structures.
  9. Siasia is used to working with old men passing for young men. :twisted:
  10. Micho watched a Uganda FA cup game right after his unveiling. The past FCs had to be dragged to such games.
  11. Micho is the Bruno Metsu of Uganda and can even make it to the final in Brazil. :D
  12. Micho achieved more with less talented Rwanda than Ghanaian Sellas Tetteh.
  13. Micho will work wonders with Ugandan talent.
  14. Micho knows the African (CAF) landscape.
  15. The guy is hungry for success and at 43, wants to leave a legacy.
  16. This is a match made in heaven. :D
  17. BTW, we all know that Nigeria's biggest achievements were with an FC. :twisted:

Murderators, can one of you please move this to Ghana Web so others with indepth knowledge of miinows football can participate in the discussion? Thanks in advance.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

1naija wrote:

Murderators, can one of you please move this to Ghana Web so others with indepth knowledge of miinows football can participate in the discussion? Thanks in advance.
Have you seen the Vanguard's "Micho Beats Siasia to Uganda Job?" :twisted:
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Wow. I think I now understand why you guys keep wasting money on FCs. But let me address two points .....
Kabalega wrote:[*]Micho is the Bruno Metsu of Uganda and can even make it to the final in Brazil. :D
First of all, Senegal was already a strong team, possessing all of the elements, the real elements, that make a team strong, before they hired Bruno Metsu. At the 2000 Nations Cup, they came extremely close to eliminating host team Nigeria in Lagos of all places in the quarterfinals, but for very late heroics from relatively unknown substitute Julius Aghahowa .... who scored a brace in the 84th and 92nd minutes. As much as everyone .... including me .... abused Amodu for losing to this same Senegal two years later, it was already clear in 2000 that they were on the rise, while Nigeria's 1990s era was on the wane.

But of course, all the credit is given to Bruno Metsu as though he just showed up and waved a magic wand .... because anything good that happens in Africa can only be credited to something from outside of Africa .... or so libraries worth of history books asserted for centuries .....
Kabalega wrote:[*]BTW, lest we forget, Nigeria's biggest achievements were with an FC. :twisted: [/list]
.... which leads to this type of thinking.

I have had this argument repeatedly on the forum. The teams that dominate Africa are the teams that dominate Africa .... and they dominate Africa whether their coach is African or foreign. Who won the Nations Cup this year, and who is their coach? Nigeria is always in reach of the Nations Cup. Always. Some think Keshi is a genius, but virtually anyone on Earth can get the Eagles to the point where one lucky or unlucky break decides between gold, silver and bronze (which, by the way, is the reason I cannot understand those who act like we are not supposed to be upset that we didn't qualify for 2012).

Ikpeba's penalty off the line in 2000 (and Kanu's penalty miss), Oruma's missed penalty in 2002, the penalty shootout with Tunisia in 2004, Sunday Mba's slalom goal in 2013, Salomon Kalou's slalom goal in 2006, the inexplicably disallowed Henry Nwosu goal in 1988 .... are the kind of random things that decide gold, silver and bronze for Nigeria. The coaches are on the bench with no control over it.

Uganda is not Nigeria, Egypt, Ghana, Cameroun, etc. What you should be doing is looking at Togo in 2006, Angola in 2006, Cape Verde in 2013, Liberia when Weah managed them, and other less-famous teams and how they managed to qualify for tournaments they don't usually qualify for. I wouldn't use Senegal as an example, because they rank with Mali, Guinea, Burkina Faso and other West African teams that are always one or two players shy of being as good as the West African giants.

This Serbian coach is not going to get you to any place that you are not already good enough to reach. If you guys have the squad to do it, you will earn yourselves a chance, not a guarantee, to do it. But if you guys are still local champions of East Africa, then you can hire Van Gaal if you want, and you still won't make it.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Hire me, and I will fail to qualify you .... but I will do it cheap.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The Eagle wrote:[He didn't qualify Rwanda, and I doubt he will qualify you. It baffles me that East African teams continue pouring money down the FC drain. What exactly are you guys getting from this extra expense? Hire me, and I will fail to qualify you .... but I will do it cheap.
Haba, how can they grow without making the same mistakes their big brothers made. Sooner or later, they'll come to the same realization that most Nigerians have come to, which is that there is little or no wizadry in oyibo coaching and that there is no substitute for planning and preparations :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cellular wrote:
This is a classic!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

cito us wrote:
Cellular wrote:
This is a classic!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Cranes? sounds like they belong on a construction site and not the WC
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The Eagle wrote:Ikpeba's penalty off the line in 2000 (and Kanu's penalty miss), Oruma's missed penalty in 2002, the penalty shootout with Tunisia in 2004, Sunday Mba's slalom goal in 2013, Salomon Kalou's slalom goal in 2006, the inexplicably disallowed Henry Nwosu goal in 1988 .... are the kind of random things that decide gold, silver and bronze for Nigeria. The coaches are on the bench with no control over it.
This case does not fit the standard LC vs FC debates. In fact, many arguments for or against an FC or LC miss the whole point. You need a coaching team that fits the situation.

Uganda has missed out on qualification by a point or a goal one too many times. Even in the 1994 qualifiers Adam Semugabi miss-icked a late penalty that would have eliminated Nigeria. If that penalty had gone in ........

You completely ignored my point that the coach knows the players psyche and can motivate/guide them in ways no other FC or even many LCs can do so. This is a very important point that even FIFA supremo Sepp Blatter rants about all the time. Bruno Metsu was married to a Senegalese and understood the player's psyche.

I suggest you read up on great coaches like John Wooden (he has a good TED talk too). Pay particular attention to his answer to people asking him "who are the best players he has ever coached?"

BTW, don't forget the talented Brazilian team of 1986 World Cup and the Dutch team that won the 1988 Euros.

Uganda has talent and have had it for a long time, but what did they achieve with it? The last coach Bobby lost to Liberia away and blamed the pitch. He was actually fired because he lost the locker room. Forwards were blaming defenders and defenders blaming forwards. He had to go.

Micho is the right fit and one of his assistants, Timbe an LC, is good enough to lead the team. Just siddon look.
DrogbaLampard

Post by DrogbaLampard »

Mauritania is better than Uganda.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Riche007 wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Man down :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

DrogbaLampard wrote:Mauritania is better than Uganda.
:roll: Feeling better now? :)
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

green4life wrote:
Riche007 wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Man down :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: Arsenal don suffer.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Cellular wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger