Quincy Owusu-Abeyie: Is he Dutch??

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet
Quincy Owusu-Abeyie: Is he Dutch??

Post by Riche007 »

He seems to have an African name but his profile says he his dutch...anyone got an info on this guy?
BTW, he's in the starting line up aongside Kanu for the Carling Cup.

Quincy Owusu-Abeyie

Date of birth: 15 Apr 86
Nationality: Dutch
Position: Striker
Height:
Weight:
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Ofoje2
Egg
Egg

Post by Ofoje2 »

Probably Dutch via Ghana ala Shola Ameobi, Ugo Ehiogu ectera ectera!!!
Enugu Rangers Supporters Club
Ofoje2
Egg
Egg

Post by Ofoje2 »

Young Dutch striker Quincy Owusu Abeyie learned his trade at the prestigious Ajax academy, and is hoping to emulate the likes of fellow graduates Dennis Bergkamp and Nwankwo Kanu by making his mark in the Gunners' first team.

He moved to Highbury in September 2002 and quickly became a prolific scorer for youth and reserve teams, scoring six goals in an under-17 play-off win over Wolves.

His first team call came in October 2003 when he was named in the squad for Arsenal's Carling Cup game against Rotherham.
Enugu Rangers Supporters Club
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Na Omo Ghana.
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Ashanti.....
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

Ofoje2 wrote:Young Dutch striker Quincy Owusu Abeyie learned his trade at the prestigious Ajax academy, and is hoping to emulate the likes of fellow graduates Dennis Bergkamp and Nwankwo Kanu by making his mark in the Gunners' first team.
This may be nitpicking, but is it fair (even accurate) to refer to Kanu as a product of Ajax Academy?

No disrespect to the great Ajax tradition but Kanu was from Gidi through and through. Only grew with Ajax later.
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
cutmen
Egg
Egg

Post by cutmen »

Definitely Ashanti :roll:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I have talked about this guy here many a time. A wonderfully gifted player who at 17 has done well to even get in the team. He was at Ajax where he did not get on with the staff for all sorts of reasons. Arsenal took him and it will pay huge dividends.

He chose to play for Holland and he regularly features in their under 19 team, just like he does for Arsenal.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Ofoje2 wrote:Probably Dutch via Ghana ala Shola Ameobi, Ugo Ehiogu ectera ectera!!!
He even played against George Boateng 'another dutchman' last nite.

Q
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

cheii poor ghana. first adu now this guy. who's next :D :D
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

quickie wrote:
Ofoje2 wrote:Probably Dutch via Ghana ala Shola Ameobi, Ugo Ehiogu ectera ectera!!!

Q
quickie, the small boy get baptism of fire against Ugo last night but he go learn.
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Waffiman wrote:
quickie wrote:

Q
quickie, the small boy get baptism of fire against Ugo last night but he go learn.
Leave Ugo, make him dey bully small small boys, him papa go catch am for Saturday......comparing how aliadere played Ugo to last nite, it looks like Aliadere is miles ahead of those other kids in terms of development......his injury-prone biscuit bones like Jeffers and Upson worries me though.

Q
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

quickie wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
quickie wrote:

Q
Leave Ugo, make him dey bully small small boys, him papa go catch am for Saturday......comparing how aliadere played Ugo to last nite, it looks like Aliadere is miles ahead of those other kids in terms of development......his injury-prone biscuit bones like Jeffers and Upson worries me though.

Q
Before his injury, Aliadiere was pissing on Ugo, you remember that move wey he turn with a clever flick and burnt Ugo for pace. He was one on one with goalie but square to Henry but the ball was behind. Men! I just wish he was not too injury prone, he and Henry for be unstoppable. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Waffiman wrote:
quickie wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
quickie wrote:

Q

Q
Before his injury, Aliadiere was pissing on Ugo, you remember that move wey he turn with a clever flick and burnt Ugo for pace. He was one on one with goalie but square to Henry but the ball was behind. Men! I just wish he was not too injury prone, he and Henry for be unstoppable. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I hear say dem to re-allocate FA cup tix for una at the clock end....where dem put you? I hope say na North Bank make we host you, make you appreciate correct atmosphere for our midst for sat. :D :D :D

Q
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

quickie wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
quickie wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
quickie wrote:

Q

Q

I hear say dem to re-allocate FA cup tix for una at the clock end....where dem put you? I hope say na North Bank make we host you, make you appreciate correct atmosphere for our midst for sat. :D :D :D

Q
My bro, na there dem dey always put me. The good thing be say, man go dey with my regular crowd as usual for North Bank, so we go show una wetin atmosphere suppose be like.

Come Saturday, you must not be late again. Abeg PM your Mobile number, make I harrass you big time.

You dey go the Newcastle (away) game this season?
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Omo Newcastle away na Monday night...rubbish Sky people don spoil the trips.

Depending on how Gunners do us for CL & FA cup, FA cup semi for Manchester dey on (na our usual yearly jolly), if we get past Celta, man no go mind quick trip to Milan/Madrid. My homies wey go Inter still dey use the tory rub my nose till today.

If no juice, in the prem, looking at Pompey away, and last few away games of the season....Tottenham, Fulham and things. Na toe-to-toe for that yonder.Something go give and no be the Gunners.

Q
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

quickie wrote:Omo Newcastle away na Monday night...rubbish Sky people don spoil the trips.

Depending on how Gunners do us for CL & FA cup, FA cup semi for Manchester dey on (na our usual yearly jolly), if we get past Celta, man no go mind quick trip to Milan/Madrid. My homies wey go Inter still dey use the tory rub my nose till today.

If no juice, in the prem, looking at Pompey away, and last few away games of the season....Tottenham, Fulham and things. Na toe-to-toe for that yonder.Something go give and no be the Gunners.

Q
No abeg rule me out for Spuds. That na waste of precious money, why you wan give that lot your money? You nor hear say dem need money to buy players after banks nor gree give dem loan of £10 million. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I fancy Pompey but man nor fit travel, my Iyawo don see to that. The Newcastle for be weekend trip for me, I still know people for that part of the world, I been spend 3 years there.