Cameroon score 18 goals over two games against local sides..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

The real games, and the ones that matter shall be played only in Tunisia; other including friendlies are inconsequential. We were badly disgraced prior to World cup 98: 5-1 drubing by Holland and another lousy loss to Yugoslavia yet when it matter, er hammered Spain.

Omey2k who always feel everyone else ought to be less emotional needs a dose of his own prescription!
...but with God all things are possible...
ivanuche
Egg
Egg

Post by ivanuche »

baprophet wrote:Mkalma:

All what You have said doesnt change the fact That Your marginal reign in Africa is by default imho. A classic case of Rats Playing while The Cat is Away.

I dont question the fact that You are Champions. I simply dont quake In My undies like some here do simply because it's Cameroun. To be honest I am more concerned about teams Like Mali. I mean we have seen You play Your cards and The best Hand You have is Only marginally better than Our Perenially Ill prepared Squads. With all due respect I hate To imagine what Will happen if we get our act togetrher But Until then I guess I'll simply have to keep a stiff upper lip Huh ?

In ant case No disrespect intended and do enjoy it while it lasts But remember Isoroku Yamamoto's Quote after the Bombing of Pearl Harbor Ie
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
and pray that It never applies To Nigeria

At the end of the day we'll settle it all On the soccer field over the next Month or so !!!
I love u brother ,U be true naija man! success to the Eagles of Africa
They used to say Muhammad Ali could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Arsenal swim with the grace of a dolphin — and bite like a shark. The GREAT Brian Clough. viewtopic.php?t=18273

If you're having girl problems i feel sorry for u son,i gat 99 problems but da *Nice Lady* aint one !

http://www.brazzil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7162 BLACK BEAUTIES !
http://www.ypforum.org/nigeria2002
Mbape
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbape »

Ofoje2 wrote:Mbape. chillout man, you seem to take anything about your rigid camerounian boyz seriously.

HABA!!!! it only a bloody game.
This is becoming a pattern. You write some trash about Cameroon; we respond; you come back claiming we are too uptight (I am still trying to figure out how you make that determination). ..

I guess bottomline is, you are upset because a handfull of Cameroonians are here casting a shadow of disquiet on your illusory escapades....

For the record, I am well chilled and brandishing my cannister of tear gas to pour on the next verbal riot on this forum...

Thanks for your concern about my state of mind.
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Your post is like your name....so so scandalous
so__so_scandalous wrote:listen to these gorillas grunting about their candy floss results. Tell me Mbape and Mboma and Mougoo and whatever that other erectus calls himself, why are you flooding the forum so suddenly with your arrogant posts? Is it to gratify your sad lives by lording cameroon's penalty kick anc victories over us? Or is it to fool yourselves tht you've actually achieved something? listen to that baboon talk about his countries history? my guy you dey craze? What history? i laugh. What has cameroon achieved in world football? Damn you lot are deluded. Neither Nigeria nor cameroon has done anything yet and until either one of us does, everybody sharrap!!
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
mlkama
Egg
Egg
Re: Mkalma

Post by mlkama »

BaProphet,

What is it that makes you think Nigeria is a sleeping giant? We are all ASSUMING that because there are 100million Nigerians they have to be giants but it is simply an assumption. There is no proof to date that you are a giant, at least compared to Cameroon. We certainly have a better football pedigree than you have, so don't go using quotes that are not pertinent to the discussion here.

Keep imagining what will happen when you get your act together. Until that is the case, I am afraid that is the only way you will get any satisfaction.
baprophet wrote:Mkalma:

All what You have said doesnt change the fact That Your marginal reign in Africa is by default imho. A classic case of Rats Playing while The Cat is Away.

I dont question the fact that You are Champions. I simply dont quake In My undies like some here do simply because it's Cameroun. To be honest I am more concerned about teams Like Mali. I mean we have seen You play Your cards and The best Hand You have is Only marginally better than Our Perenially Ill prepared Squads. With all due respect I hate To imagine what Will happen if we get our act togetrher But Until then I guess I'll simply have to keep a stiff upper lip Huh ?

In ant case No disrespect intended and do enjoy it while it lasts But remember Isoroku Yamamoto's Quote after the Bombing of Pearl Harbor Ie
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
and pray that It never applies To Nigeria

At the end of the day we'll settle it all On the soccer field over the next Month or so !!!
Last edited by mlkama on Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Yujam,

If we lose, I will be graceful about it, and congratulate the winner. I have to admit that it is very very difficult to win a competition 3x in a row. And you have to understand that it also reflects badly on African football to have only one winner all the time. Senegal have nothing to show to date and you could argue that this generation of footballers more than any, deserves to win a Cup to write their names in history. With 4 cups we are already up there and are really looking to see whether we can get to a WC semifinal place. That is the next frontier for us. We have the best pedigree in Africa because Ghana (4cups) has never been to the WC, and Egypt(4cups too) has only been to the WC maybe 2-3 times.

But from the weekend we will just watch and see what happens.

YUJAM wrote:Mlkama, my brother. I have a feeling that this year Cameroon will be downed.
Mbape
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbape »

mlkama wrote:Yujam,

If we lose, I will be graceful about it, and congratulate the winner. I have to admit that it is very very difficult to win a competition 3x in a row. And you have to understand that it also reflects badly on African football to have only one winner all the time. Senegal have nothing to show to date and you could argue that this generation of footballers more than any, deserves to win a Cup to write their names in history. With 4 cups we are already up there and are really looking to see whether we can get to a WC semifinal place. That is the next frontier for us. We have the best pedigree in Africa because Ghana (4cups) has never been to the WC, and Egypt(4cups too) has only been to the WC maybe 2-3 times.

But from the weekend we will just watch and see what happens.

YUJAM wrote:Mlkama, my brother. I have a feeling that this year Cameroon will be downed.
Well, whoever wants it will have to come and get it. The road to the cup passes through Cameroon. If we have to win it 10 more times in a row, that's just groovy by me. We have set the bar high. Let's see who steps up and moves that bar up a notch.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

This is more like what Song said...

..culled from the BBC Sport website..

=====================================================Song keen on record

Song scored the winning penalty in the 2000 final against Nigeria
Cameroon captain Rigobert Song has said his team will fight hard to win a record third Cup of Nations title in a row.

The Indomitable Lions triumphed on penalty shoot-outs in the 2000 final against Nigeria as well as against Senegal in the 2002 final.

"We know that it has been very difficult to win the trophy beforehand," Song told BBC Sport.

"We're going to Tunisia to fight because we need to."

"And we need to keep the trophy because it is important for Cameroon."

The 27-year-old, who will be playing in his sixth Nations Cup finals, says that all the Indomitable Lions' opponents will be desperate to beat the four-time winners.

Although the challenge to Cameroon's crown will come from the likes of Senegal, Nigeria and Egypt, Song has also picked out Mali's Eagles as another obstacle to the Lions' continued success.

"Mali have a good young team," Song explained.

"But everybody wants, and is hungry, to beat Cameroon."

Yet the defender for French club RC Lens highlights the camaraderie in the Indomitable Lions' squad as one reason why he believes Cameroon may lift the trophy in Rades on 14 February.

"We are very happy to be together and we are going to Tunisia to do something good," the captain explained.

"My team mates are good professionals and they want to win every time."

"We have a good team and we have a good spirit."

Cameroon open their Group C campaign against 1990 Nations Cup champions Algeria in Sousse on Sunday.

They will then play newcomers Zimbabwe and four-time winners Egypt.
baprophet
Egg
Egg
Mkalma

Post by baprophet »

MKALMA:
BaProphet,

What is it that makes you think Nigeria is a sleeping giant? We are all ASSUMING that because there are 100million Nigerians they have to be giants but it is simply an assumption. There is no proof to date that you are a giant, at least compared to Cameroon. We certainly have a better football pedigree than you have, so don't go using quotes that are not pertinent to the discussion here.
A cursory look at our perfiormance at all lvels of soccer compared to Yours makes your PEDIGREE statement above a Joke... I mean U-20, U-16 , Womens , Club? and daargh we won the Olympics before you did.

Granted You have won the ANC 4 Times Thrice at our expense but the latter two were purely controversial and could have gone either way.

Like I have said before and will say again, the last time we prepared well for anything was WC94 and even then our performances have been pretty decent compared to other teams. I honestly hate to see what will happen if we ever get a decent coach and a decent prep Ala Westerhoff ..But again All due respect to the Lions but I simply refuse to Quake in my boots for The lions ..they simply dont faze me... They are neither invincible nor indomnitable
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

it is only in your village that Naija is not a gaint. ewu