Cameroon score 18 goals over two games against local sides..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mister dolly
Cameroon score 18 goals over two games against local sides..

Post by mister dolly »

...in reports monitored on BBC FastTrack, the Indomitable Lions are reported to have played two games against local sides in Marbella, winning the first 8 - 0, and the second 10 - 0.

Schaffer is also reported to have an injury worry as GK Methuni Khameni suffered a leg injury, and may have to be replaced.

Group opponents had better beware.. :P
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

And we dey happy say we beat a Faro selected 2-0!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Mo gbe!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

what does this show??/Nothing.....................the ance will prove who is who. One does not show superiority by walloping an opponent in friendlies...So now they are african champions?????Please jare, the ANC will commence and we will greedie there. Until then, all these games are just games!!!!!!!!!! :|
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

original skeepolah they have won 2 sonsecutive ANC's u gotta respect that and they can win a 3rd one again.

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

omey2k4 wrote:And we dey happy say we beat a Faro selected 2-0!
O2K4:
While I do not actually recall anyone herein being estatic about beating Faro XI with a team of largely locally-based Nigerian players, please stop comparing apples with oranges: every "local" side is not exactly the same.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Gotti Cameroon is still better than Nigeria regardless and they proved that twice in 2000 and 2002 by winning the ANC consecutively.Gotti another thing i can assure is that SE withtheir bestteam wont beat anybody 10-0.

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

[quote= please stop comparing apples with oranges: every "local" side is not exactly the same.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are Your Own Dog
baprophet
Egg
Egg
Omey2k

Post by baprophet »

Omey2k:
Cameroun beat Nigeria By a very controvrsial whisker at ANC 2000
and at Anc 2002 They barely managed To beat Senegal who indeed beat us but were by no means superior to us. Keep In mind that the we were only 1 Oruma Pk away from a possible win against Senegal. Furthermore Cameroun were only able to Tie 1-1 With an Irish Side which we had beaten and dominated AT HOME..during the Pre-WC build Up

While Not taking away from Camerouns Achievements ,
I am cerrtainly not convinced that Cameroun is Inherently Superior to Nigeria. Matter of fact head to head I would still bet on Nigeria over Cameroun anyday!

I tend to see Nigeria as a sleeping Giant Whom can and WILL rule AFRICA Provided of course that our admins get there act Togther. We certainlty have the Talent.
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

guys, a few clarifications. Cameroon played 2 amateur sides in marbella while the Faro XI was a collection of pro players from around that region if i remember correctly.
At the end of the day, these are all friendlies. The real dance begins this weekend
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Even if Nigeria plays the weakest team in history we wont beat them 5-0!

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

I dont kare if the local side nigeria played was in brazil...3-2 is just tooo close...so is 2-1.. we'll see what will happen when they play sporting Lisbon hopefully with the whole team...kanu's and okocha's included..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

these matches don't mean a thing. Let's be rational and wait for the Morocco game
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Mbape
Egg
Egg
Re: Omey2k

Post by Mbape »

baprophet wrote:Omey2k:
Cameroun beat Nigeria By a very controvrsial whisker at ANC 2000
and at Anc 2002 They barely managed To beat Senegal who indeed beat us but were by no means superior to us. Keep In mind that the we were only 1 Oruma Pk away from a possible win against Senegal. Furthermore Cameroun were only able to Tie 1-1 With an Irish Side which we had beaten and dominated AT HOME..during the Pre-WC build Up

While Not taking away from Camerouns Achievements ,
I am cerrtainly not convinced that Cameroun is Inherently Superior to Nigeria. Matter of fact head to head I would still bet on Nigeria over Cameroun anyday!

I tend to see Nigeria as a sleeping Giant Whom can and WILL rule AFRICA Provided of course that our admins get there act Togther. We certainlty have the Talent.
We have had our own problems, and managed to rule Africa (albeit marginally) despite them. Excuses are for schmucks. When that sleeping giant wakes, let's talk. Until then, pretend to be a gentleman and give others their due. U shamelessly compare and extrapolate results obtained against the Irish? Should I remind you that in '98 Cameroon beat Denmark 2-1 in Copenhagen?

BTW, we (Cameroonians on this forum that is) have known of these lopsided friendly results for a while now. We did not choose to milk any mileage out of it like many of you here would. We are putting it in perspective.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

We are having problmes in attack...defense and midfield...if we played the same teams cameroon did i dont thin we would have given them 10..infact i dont know if SE can give any team 10 right now..too bad we are unable to try all the attacking combinations to find the most efficient...if only the players were in camp these friendlies would have been useful...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

The result means squat. Argentina played all its best footy before the world cup and had nothing left in the tank by kickoff time, while Brazil played all its worst footy before the world cup.

BTW, Baprophet, Cameroon is better than us...make we talk true. You use the Irish excuse, may I use the Brazil excuse..they beat the Brazil team that caned us at home 3-0; But to be the best, we have to play and beat the best...ask the NE Patriots. :lol:
Last edited by theYemster on Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
baprophet
Egg
Egg
MBAPE

Post by baprophet »

MBAPE:

My Post must have really Hit a nerve or Why the virulence in Your post?

Read my post again and You'd see that I am not taking anything away from Your boys. I am simply not convinced that Your boys are inherently better than Nigeria considering the fact that the last time we had a decent build Up to any Major tournament was USA 94.

No doubt Your boys are African Champions but I wouldnt quite say that You RULE Africa yet considering the fact that you won Only by the skin of Your teeth both times and as We all Know Pk kicks often Boil down To Luck...matter of fact the truth of the matter is That the Victor Ikpeba PK went in and wasnt counted..

My "shameless comparison and extrapolation " of Your results against Ireland were only to show OMEY2K that football isnt mathematics and that the fact that your squad beat an amateur side 10-0 Means nothing in the larger context of things

No hard feelings Bro but inasmuch as You are entitled to believe that you folks "Rule" Africa (Albeit Marginally), In the same Vein I reserve the right to believe that Your "Reign" is very temporary and will last Only To the extent that we fail to get our act Together !!!

Bottom Line is that The last Time we met head on (Not counting the LG cup) You won By a dubious missed PK call and Your own Star Player Patrick MBoma admitted that the second half of that Game agaisnt Nigeria was the scariest second half he had ever pleyed in soccer
Last edited by baprophet on Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

I don change my mind now....I know we are spanking Cameroon ..CCC or no CCC :lol:
Ofoje2
Egg
Egg

Post by Ofoje2 »

Mbape. chillout man, you seem to take anything about your rigid camerounian boyz seriously.

HABA!!!! it only a bloody game.
Enugu Rangers Supporters Club
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Pretty scary.
who no know go know.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

I don notice am too...Mbape..u will prolly commit suicide when the eagles cane your unfaggable lions :mrgreen:
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

BaProphet,

Wake up and smell the coffee. No one asked SE to kick a dubious PK. (Even Ikpeba thought he missed) Did you see Cameroon kick any dubious PKs? They were either in or out. And when it is not clearcut you leave it to human error, which we all know can go either way. I don't remember CAF asking us to share the cup with Nigeria. There was only one winner, by whatever means, and that was Cameroon. I still cannot believe how you even let that game go to PKs right in Lagos. That kind of thing would NEVER happen in Cameroon.

Two years later, it was the same story against Senegal, and instead of you beating them so as to come and get your revenge against Cameroon. Was that our fault? So Senegal came and tried and also failed, by the same PKs. Are we supposed to apologise because we are good at PKs? Sorry Ba, but we will not. With all your ball jugglers with bags of skill your players should be able to backheel the ball into the net from that distance anyway, so please no excuses.

On the eve of another competition, let's see who is going to win this time. If you win, rest assured I will be here to congratulate you.
Last edited by mlkama on Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
baprophet
Egg
Egg
Mkalma

Post by baprophet »

Mkalma:

All what You have said doesnt change the fact That Your marginal reign in Africa is by default imho. A classic case of Rats Playing while The Cat is Away.

I dont question the fact that You are Champions. I simply dont quake In My undies like some here do simply because it's Cameroun. To be honest I am more concerned about teams Like Mali. I mean we have seen You play Your cards and The best Hand You have is Only marginally better than Our Perenially Ill prepared Squads. With all due respect I hate To imagine what Will happen if we get our act togetrher But Until then I guess I'll simply have to keep a stiff upper lip Huh ?

In ant case No disrespect intended and do enjoy it while it lasts But remember Isoroku Yamamoto's Quote after the Bombing of Pearl Harbor Ie
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
and pray that It never applies To Nigeria

At the end of the day we'll settle it all On the soccer field over the next Month or so !!!