Cameroon score 18 goals over two games against local sides..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

A classic case of Rats Playing while The Cat is Away.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The cat shall be asleep for a while longer
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Mlkama, my brother. I have a feeling that this year Cameroon will be downed.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

I hope Nigeria gets beat like this in the ANC.
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

This Cameroun vs Naija diatribe is meaningless. Cameroun has been better than us for the last 25 years except for the period between 1992 and 2000. The confidence we have in ourselves and our team is admirable but the facts do speak for themselves.
We previously had superior talent but they always had a better TEAM. Now, I am no longer certain that we have superior talent. And they still have a better team.
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Ba prophet. Under CCC we will never progress( soccerwise). BUT, if we had a good coach, i just do not see Cameroon beating us.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

YUJAM wrote:Mlkama, my brother. I have a feeling that this year Cameroon will be downed.
All well and good but until then, we cannot claim to be superior which is the issue at hand now.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

omey2k4 wrote:original skeepolah they have won 2 sonsecutive ANC's u gotta respect that and they can win a 3rd one again.

I am not saying they are not good. But taht we will have to see. As talented as the lions are, a 3rd straight anc is doubtful, in my opinion....................... :lol:
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

You guys tell me something. Has soccer United us i.e Cameroon and Nigeria, or it is dividing us. I mean a Nigerian and a Cameroonina can be having a decent conversation, but just throw a little bit of soccer, and the rest is history. The only good thing for me is that I am on the winning side :mrgreen: . Kai, I try to immagine if Nigeria had the history that Cameroon has. Man o Man..... :o
Last edited by bamenda boy on Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

bamendaboy wrote:You guys tell me something. Has soccer United us i.e Cameroon and Nigeria, or it is dividing us. I mean a Nigerian and a Cameroonina can be having a decent conversation, but just throw a little bit of soccer, and the rest is history. The only good thing for me is that I am on the winning side :mrgreen: . Kai, I try to immagine i Nigeria had the history that Cameroon has. Man o Man..... :o
Oh boy we envy you sha but it's bound to swing to the other side eventually. :wink:
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Blakes wrote:I dont kare if the local side nigeria played was in brazil...3-2 is just tooo close...so is 2-1.. we'll see what will happen when they play sporting Lisbon hopefully with the whole team...kanu's and okocha's included..
my friend that was the last practice match before we face Morocco a week today...We won't be playing Sporting Lisbon..
mouko
Egg
Egg
Re: Cameroon score 18 goals over two games against local sid

Post by mouko »

mister dolly wrote:...in reports monitored on BBC FastTrack, the Indomitable Lions are reported to have played two games against local sides in Marbella, winning the first 8 - 0, and the second 10 - 0.

Schaffer is also reported to have an injury worry as GK Methuni Khameni suffered a leg injury, and may have to be replaced.

Group opponents had better beware.. :P
Mr. Dolly is was 22 goals in all 9-0, 13-0
But honestly I don't think scores like this tell us much about the winner as the loser.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
mouko
Egg
Egg
Re: Omey2k

Post by mouko »

baprophet wrote:Omey2k:
Cameroun beat Nigeria By a very controvrsial whisker at ANC 2000
and at Anc 2002 They barely managed To beat Senegal who indeed beat us but were by no means superior to us. Keep In mind that the we were only 1 Oruma Pk away from a possible win against Senegal. Furthermore Cameroun were only able to Tie 1-1 With an Irish Side which we had beaten and dominated AT HOME..during the Pre-WC build Up

While Not taking away from Camerouns Achievements ,
I am cerrtainly not convinced that Cameroun is Inherently Superior to Nigeria. Matter of fact head to head I would still bet on Nigeria over Cameroun anyday!

I tend to see Nigeria as a sleeping Giant Whom can and WILL rule AFRICA Provided of course that our admins get there act Togther. We certainlty have the Talent.
This statement is inherently contradictory. Nigeria may be a sleeping Giant no doubt. But until your deeds match your words then it just hot air as usual. Naija pls pay respect where it is due. We hold one up on you guys for 20yrs now.
This result in Marbella was news since yesterday and actually it is 22 goals but we took it just for waht it was - a warm up.
mouko
Egg
Egg
Re: MBAPE

Post by mouko »

baprophet wrote:MBAPE:

My Post must have really Hit a nerve or Why the virulence in Your post?

Read my post again and You'd see that I am not taking anything away from Your boys. I am simply not convinced that Your boys are inherently better than Nigeria considering the fact that the last time we had a decent build Up to any Major tournament was USA 94.

No doubt Your boys are African Champions but I wouldnt quite say that You RULE Africa yet considering the fact that you won Only by the skin of Your teeth both times and as We all Know Pk kicks often Boil down To Luck...matter of fact the truth of the matter is That the Victor Ikpeba PK went in and wasnt counted..

My "shameless comparison and extrapolation " of Your results against Ireland were only to show OMEY2K that football isnt mathematics and that the fact that your squad beat an amateur side 10-0 Means nothing in the larger context of things

No hard feelings Bro but inasmuch as You are entitled to believe that you folks "Rule" Africa (Albeit Marginally), In the same Vein I reserve the right to believe that Your "Reign" is very temporary and will last Only To the extent that we fail to get our act Together !!!

Bottom Line is that The last Time we met head on (Not counting the LG cup) You won By a dubious missed PK call and Your own Star Player Patrick MBoma admitted that the second half of that Game agaisnt Nigeria was the scariest second half he had ever pleyed in soccer
Baprophet,
There is always an excuse/reason for every failure. Even Saddam has an excuse for losing the war. When a team wins on Pk it tells you two teams of almost equal strengths made the finals and in such circumstances PK are always the stuff to separate them. But are we to make excuses for winning on PKs? No. If you don't like them ask CAF/FIFA to surpress them.
mouko
Egg
Egg
Re: Mkalma

Post by mouko »

baprophet wrote:Mkalma:

All what You have said doesnt change the fact That Your marginal reign in Africa is by default imho. A classic case of Rats Playing while The Cat is Away.

I dont question the fact that You are Champions. I simply dont quake In My undies like some here do simply because it's Cameroun. To be honest I am more concerned about teams Like Mali. I mean we have seen You play Your cards and The best Hand You have is Only marginally better than Our Perenially Ill prepared Squads. With all due respect I hate To imagine what Will happen if we get our act togetrher But Until then I guess I'll simply have to keep a stiff upper lip Huh ?

In ant case No disrespect intended and do enjoy it while it lasts But remember Isoroku Yamamoto's Quote after the Bombing of Pearl Harbor Ie
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
and pray that It never applies To Nigeria

At the end of the day we'll settle it all On the soccer field over the next Month or so !!!
Then shut sharruuupppp. Right?
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

YUJAM wrote:Mlkama, my brother. I have a feeling that this year Cameroon will be downed.
Its a feeling that SEs had in 2000, 2002 and yet.....
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Who did they play?A group of preschoolers? :mrgreen:
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

senegal is the best team in african and we all saw that in WC. cameroon was a disgrace, they can't even make it out of their group after winning back to back ANCs. Senegal or Nigeria will win the cup.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
VINDAVE
Re: Cameroon score 18 goals over two games against local sid

Post by VINDAVE »

mister dolly wrote:...in reports monitored on BBC FastTrack, the Indomitable Lions are reported to have played two games against local sides in Marbella, winning the first 8 - 0, and the second 10 - 0.

Schaffer is also reported to have an injury worry as GK Methuni Khameni suffered a leg injury, and may have to be replaced.

Group opponents had better beware.. :P
NO PANIC, SUPER FALCONS ONCE SCORED 22 GOALS TO NOTHING AGAINST A LOCAL TEAM IN USA PRIOR TO THEIR WC.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Cameroun is better than Nigeria, recent results can attest to that.
The funny thing is that people still have the mind set that we can beat any team in africa without preparations.

We have the potentials to be African Champs any time we want, but we never sit down to plan on how to go about it.
Who wants to be a sleeping giant when you can wake up and rule africa.
Iam tired of losing on PKs adn Iam sure we have not placed any priority on PKs as we go into another ANC.

Oh Nigeria, when will we ever realise our potentials? When? Crude Oil is a problem, skillful players na de same ting. i don tire-o!
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

In the run up to WC2002 Argentina beat the Japanese U-23 (or U-21) team by like 9 or 10-0, what happened highly fancied Argentina went out in the first round from the Group of death..

Maybe their is a parallel here... :twisted:
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Mboma
Egg
Egg
Re: MBAPE

Post by Mboma »

baprophet wrote:MBAPE:

My Post must have really Hit a nerve or Why the virulence in Your post?

Read my post again and You'd see that I am not taking anything away from Your boys. I am simply not convinced that Your boys are inherently better than Nigeria considering the fact that the last time we had a decent build Up to any Major tournament was USA 94.

No doubt Your boys are African Champions but I wouldnt quite say that You RULE Africa yet considering the fact that you won Only by the skin of Your teeth both times and as We all Know Pk kicks often Boil down To Luck...matter of fact the truth of the matter is That the Victor Ikpeba PK went in and wasnt counted..

My "shameless comparison and extrapolation " of Your results against Ireland were only to show OMEY2K that football isnt mathematics and that the fact that your squad beat an amateur side 10-0 Means nothing in the larger context of things

No hard feelings Bro but inasmuch as You are entitled to believe that you folks "Rule" Africa (Albeit Marginally), In the same Vein I reserve the right to believe that Your "Reign" is very temporary and will last Only To the extent that we fail to get our act Together !!!

Bottom Line is that The last Time we met head on (Not counting the LG cup) You won By a dubious missed PK call and Your own Star Player Patrick MBoma admitted that the second half of that Game agaisnt Nigeria was the scariest second half he had ever pleyed in soccer
Quit crying over spilled milk! Do you know that it was by "bubious" means that SE is even at the ANC. Remember the controversial Angola game in Luanda. Dubious or not, every one has to play for an opportunity to win and then win. Cameroon has consistently done so....You are not embarassed to keep bringing up the beating we gave you infront of almost a hundred thousand nigerians and your leaders right on your own soil. U no get shame?
Mboma
Egg
Egg

Post by Mboma »

Ofoje2 wrote:Mbape. chillout man, you seem to take anything about your rigid camerounian boyz seriously.

HABA!!!! it only a bloody game.
What do u mean "rigid Cameroonian boys?" Stop being silly!
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

listen to these gorillas grunting about their candy floss results. Tell me Mbape and Mboma and Mougoo and whatever that other erectus calls himself, why are you flooding the forum so suddenly with your arrogant posts? Is it to gratify your sad lives by lording cameroon's penalty kick anc victories over us? Or is it to fool yourselves tht you've actually achieved something? listen to that baboon talk about his countries history? my guy you dey craze? What history? i laugh. What has cameroon achieved in world football? Damn you lot are deluded. Neither Nigeria nor cameroon has done anything yet and until either one of us does, everybody sharrap!!