Song writes off Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

Song is in the same club as Utaka, right? He won't say such a thing.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Ike Shorunmu, Taribo West, Sunday Oliseh and a host of others did not make the Nigerian team to the Nations Cup.
on the other hand this might be an attempt by some reporter to unite the eagles camp and give them a reason to really play....
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Bolade
Egg
Egg

Post by Bolade »

I can now understand why he couldn't step up his game after six nations cup appearances, and all the accollades on cameroun. Too full of himself. Let's see what happens first in Tunisia. But then I want to believe he didn't say it the way it was posted :evil: :evil:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Ayo. let me add, the players have to do a job on the pitch but in my experience they are mainly friends off it. The African players in the EPL treat each other like brothers. You only need to go to Kanu Foundation parties to see with our eyes.
I know. Song, Saar, Diop and Utaka are like brothers at Lens, along with Bakari. When I went to see them, John was the last out of the dressing room and Song offered to go and get him for me but I said I am happy to wait.

Dat Song na real gentleman. All the fame and fortune has not gone to his head. If you get sister wey dey fain husband, I would recommend him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My bro, I dey fain 2nd wife. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg
Re: Song writes off Super Eagles

Post by Dog Bruno »

DIMKA76 wrote:Song writes off Super Eagles

By BABS OYETORO
Cameroon’s defence ace and captain of the Indomitable Lions, Rigobert Song, has described the present Super Eagles being tutored by Christian Chukwu as a ‘bunch of pretenders to the throne.’

If it wasn't for the sake of "if you can't beat them join them", I would agree with Song's statement, and reiterate that Aiyegbeni and Utaka are both pretenders......but I'm not gonna say it.
You are Your Own Dog
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

If it wasn't for the sake of "if you can't beat them join them", I would agree with Song's statement, and reiterate that Aiyegbeni and Utaka are both pretenders......but I'm not gonna say it.
we will see about that come ANC 8) 8)
wawa
Egg
Egg

Post by wawa »

It sounds like another fake story from one of our famed "journalists". I doubt very much that Song said it
Larry Ashagbe
Re: Song writes off Super Eagles

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

DIMKA76 wrote:Song writes off Super Eagles

By BABS OYETORO
Cameroon’s defence ace and captain of the Indomitable Lions, Rigobert Song, has described the present Super Eagles being tutored by Christian Chukwu as a ‘bunch of pretenders to the throne.’
The skipper of the defending champions says the calibre of players Coach Chukwu will be parading in the forthcoming Nations Cup are lilly–livered, who might not have guts to stamp their authorities when the goings get tough during the tournament.
Song, who did not see anything spectacular in the mixture of young and old players being put together by Christian Chukwu says, it will take divine intervention for the Super Eagles to play up to the semi-finals in the Nations Cup.
Surprisingly, the Cameroonian has also expressed confidence in the ability of the Senegalese and Malian national teams to do better than the Super Eagles at the Nations Cup.
"If we meet the Super Eagles again, we shall teach them a lesson of their lives. I don’t see the Super Eagles going far in this competition, he said.
"But both the Senegal and Mali national teams have better prospects in the Nations Cup, he added.
Reports reaching our news desk indicated that the Cameroonians had already started counting their chicken before they are hatched, saying that they would make a mince meat of the Super Eagles if they happened to meet the Nigerian side in the quarter-final of the Nations Cup.
Apparently stunned by the players in Chukwu’s list released to CAF at the eve of the deadline date, die-hard fans of Indomitable Lions and indeed FECAFOOT buffs believed that Nigeria does not have such a calibre of players that will intimidate the Lions of Cameroon at the tournament.
Daily Sunsport gathered that some of the die-hard supporters of Indomitable Lions are happy that the likes of Ike Shorunmu, Taribo West, Sunday Oliseh and a host of others did not make the Nigerian team to the Nations Cup.
When did Song make this comment?

BABS OYETORO probably making up the story, has anyone else seen this interview.