Ronaldinho vs Zidane Who was better

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kone
Egg
Egg
Ronaldinho vs Zidane Who was better

Post by kone »

me and my co-worker was arguing today about ronaldinho vs zidane. These are 2 of the greatest football players in the last 40 years infact they should be among top 10 greatest players ever. ronaldinho for me in his prime is the best ever talent i have ever seen, with the ball he could literally do everything. as for zidane his technique and touch on the ball was too great, often people make references to how zidane made brazil great players play like babies a team that featured ronaldinho, he did it twice once in 1998 and another one in 2006. but what people never mention is that from 2004 to 2006 6 el classico games ronaldinho also single handedly ridicule a real madrid team that featured zidane,ronaldo,raul,carlos,becham,figo he didnt even do it once but he did it 6 times. okay after judging every i would say that Ronaldinho to me was a better player i need your opinion who you guys think was better feel free to agree or disagree
kone
Egg
Egg
Re: Ronaldinho vs Zidane Who was better

Post by kone »

no one should curse because they disagree o
kone
Egg
Egg

Post by kone »

na question i ask make una read give opinion and answer delm it
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Hmmm hard call, zidane was the ultimate pro, ronaldinho was simply awesome!!!!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kone
Egg
Egg

Post by kone »

so marko who you go pick? MY CO-WORKER SWEARS ZIDANE IS BETTER because of that wc quater final performance, the guy forget say ronny also make zizou look stupid like 6 times in a row
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

kone wrote:no one should curse because they disagree o
eph that.. :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
kone
Egg
Egg

Post by kone »

lol pa james who you think better
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Zidane had the longer career (was a doper though), but during his prime Ronaldinho was better.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
kone
Egg
Egg

Post by kone »

longer career? but didnt win enough? you should have said ronaldinho was discovered late
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Zidane for me. He was a joy to watch. Then his headbutt on that Italian player was super fine. :taunt:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ronaldinho was a better player.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

I have never seen a player like Ronaldinho! The guy was a joy to watch. Kai! Unlike today that Barcelona is full of divers and divas! :roll:
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kone
Egg
Egg

Post by kone »

I thought I was the only one team ronny joor
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

I'm probably picking Zidane over every other player in existence.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Zidane
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Dinho...without question!
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

For me Zidane was a bit better as he took the average French team and won with them. Zidane is the type of player that knows where the ball would go even before he receives it..(very cerebral).
As for Ronaldinho...he has plenty of skills, but he's too flashy for me.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

equal.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ Zidane and Ronaldinho being the best players of the last 40 years.

Hold on....

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

OK, now that I've composed myself, I'll say that Zidane had the longer career and was an elite player for almost a decade while Ronaldinho was more dominant during his prime but was an elite player for only about 4 years. If I were to pick a player for one game I'd take Ronaldinho at his peak over an in-prime Zidane. Ronaldinho was almost unstoppable during his glory days...unfortunately for us we did not get to see him dominate a WC due to fatigue and crappy coaching at the 2006 WC but he did have his part to play in Brazil's 2002 WC (although he wasnt even close to being one of the most important players on the team).

If I were to pick a player based on his body of work it'd have to be Zidane. He was a top player for a longer period of time.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Zidane
bolaji
Egg
Egg

Post by bolaji »

Zidane in my opinion is a top 5 player of all-time. He was simply awesome. Ronnie is a top 10 player of all-time, he was a one-man wrecking crew.

There is a good reason why Zidane won World Player of the Year 3 times as well as the best player in Europe in the past 50 years (2004). :thumb:
Last edited by bolaji on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Daddy, that man looks scary" said my 6yr old son on seeing Ghanaian's GK Dauda's face coming towards the Camera Lens. My avatar is my tribute to the only man that has managed to scare the craps out of my son.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kone wrote:me and my co-worker was arguing today about ronaldinho vs zidane. These are 2 of the greatest football players in the last 40 years infact they should be among top 10 greatest players ever. ronaldinho for me in his prime is the best ever talent i have ever seen, with the ball he could literally do everything. as for zidane his technique and touch on the ball was too great, often people make references to how zidane made brazil great players play like babies a team that featured ronaldinho, he did it twice once in 1998 and another one in 2006. but what people never mention is that from 2004 to 2006 6 el classico games ronaldinho also single handedly ridicule a real madrid team that featured zidane,ronaldo,raul,carlos,becham,figo he didnt even do it once but he did it 6 times. okay after judging every i would say that Ronaldinho to me was a better player i need your opinion who you guys think was better feel free to agree or disagree
Abeg you say Ronaldinho single hand beat Real?Eto'o play a great part in those 6 times.Barca was average until the signing of Eto'o.To me those two were the best partnership with Deco behind them.

Back to your question Ronaldinho at his prime is simple just too good.
Zidan was a great player with great reading of the game.In 1998 France has a solid team and Zidan did not do it single hand like people make it to be.The 2 goals in the finals is the reason.France was a great team with super stars at their prime from Henry.
Make are stop.
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

I honestly fail to see the hype around Zidane. The guy had two monster games against Brazil in 98 and in 06 and he has been elevated to an all time great ? Zidane is a great player in his own right but definitely not better than Dinho.

Honestly this is a travesty to compare a player like Zidane to Dinho. Yes I said it ! Now let the insults reign.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I