A blessing in disguise

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
A blessing in disguise

Post by charlie »

A lot of people here and elsewhere are critising Nwankwo Kanu and JJ Okocha for putting the Super Eagles preparation in jeopardy (and with reason too).

I personally see their absence as a blessing in disguise.
was more worried about building a Super Eagles squad which
rotates around JJ Okocha in particular.

I felt, (and I still feel) that it is dangerous to depend heavily
on one midfield creator (be it JJ, Zizou or anyone else).

I think that CCC should rest these two players for the match against Morroco.

It would give them time to blend into the squad before tossing them into the heat of the action.

It would also allow the team to do what it is already doing! Adapt and provide an alternate game plan to one including Okocha and Kanu.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

You might be right that this is a blessing in disguise.
To stop trying is to start dying
ruff4ruff4
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff4ruff4 »

I will be surprised if Chukwu use these guys against Morrocco. For once, let's see how we cope without JJ and Kanu in SE's line up.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

You can bet your last penny that JJ will start against Morocco...while I share your sentiments, I doubt if the coach will be bold enough to drop one of his marquee players in his most important game to date..

I would prefer Kanu to start on the bench as I no longer subscribe to Kanu and Okocha playing at the same time..
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Kanu should not touch the field during the entire tornament. What a BUM! A complete waste of football space. Playing Kanu - with JJ already in the line up- is like playing ten men!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu