Japan looking for an opponent in MAY.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg
Japan looking for an opponent in MAY.

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

England set to play Japan
2004-01-21 12:02:46

England are scheduled to play Japan in a Euro 2004 warm-up match at Manchester City's City of Manchester Stadium, where the 2002 Commonwealth Games were held.

Japan Football Association (JFA) general secretary Takeo Hirata has said that the game will take place on June 1 as Sven-Goran Eriksson finalises his preparations for this summer's finals in Portugal.

The Football Association has yet to confirm the fixture, but has said that England are seeking to play a tri-nation tournament before leaving for Euro 2004 which kicks off on June 12.

England and Japan have met only once before, in a friendly in June 1995 when former boss Terry Venables guided his men to a 2-1 at Wembley Stadium.

May 30.The JFA, which has already organised friendlies against the Czech Republic in Prague on April 28 and Germany at home on December 16, is also trying to arrange another friendly in Europe on 30 May.

Can anyone notify our NFA if they interested, b/4 the World Cup qualifiers in June. The season will have ended in Europe so no excuses.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Please forward this by pm to Ayo Akinfe for onward transmission to his friend Mr. Ogunjobi of the NFA.
To stop trying is to start dying
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Shownoja wrote:Please forward this by pm to Ayo Akinfe for onward transmission to his friend Mr. Ogunjobi of the NFA.

Shownoja,

How dare you read my mind. I no like am o!

Anyway Ayo should get ing.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
ruff4ruff4
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff4ruff4 »

I think we should try playing other teams. The last time I checked , we'd already played Japan three times.
Bell

Post by Bell »

RUFF4RUFF4

This edition will feature mostly new faces - the Kalus, Osazes, Opabunmis, Melkams, Obodos, Olofinjanas, Justices, Etefias of Nigerian soccer.
Bell
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I have forwarded it on guys but please do not hold your breaths. Nigeria is not short of invitations for friendlies.

As we speak, there are two invitations sitting in Ogunjobi's tray waiting for approval. The likes of MD and Kick Off Chief can confirm that I personally negotiated two games after Ogunjobi told me to do so and then I presented the details to him for his approval.

They are both sitting comfortably in his tray at the moment, awaiting a response. I will spill a few beans. Australia want to play Nigeria in London on March 31 and have written to the NFA to ask for a game.

I finalised the deal with Australia's international fixtueres manager and all we are waiting for now is Ogunjobi's signature and the game goes ahead. I can bet you guys that March 31 will come and go with Nigeria playing nothing.

You have to appreciate the way that the NFA is structured. It is a top to bottom organisation and everything requires the secretary general's approval. When he is away, everything grinds to a halt as there is no delegation of authority.

Now Chief Ogunjobi is the kind of man who only does one thing at a time. With the ANC on, I bet you that he will not even look at anything else.

Besides, with the ongoing political drama, everything is on hold until we know what happens after Tunisia. Oya, I don talk enough.

We get problems no be small!
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I have forwarded it on guys but please do not hold your breaths. Nigeria is not short of invitations for friendlies.

As we speak, there are two invitations sitting in Ogunjobi's tray waiting for approval. The likes of MD and Kick Off Chief can confirm that I personally negotiated two games after Ogunjobi told me to do so and when I presented the details to him.

They are both sitting comfortably in his tray at the moment, awaiting a response. I will spill a few beans. Australia want to play Nigeria in London on March 31 and have written to the NFA to ask for a game.

I finalised the deal with Australia's international fixtueres manager and all we are waiting for now is Ogunjobi's signature and the game goes ahead. I can bet you guys that March 31 will come and go with Nigeria playing nothing.

You have to appreciate the way that the NFA is structured. It is a top to bottom organisation and everything requires the secretary general's approval. When he is away, everything grinds to a halt as there is no delegation of authority.

Now Chief Ogunjobi is the kind of man who only does one thing at a time. With the ANC on, I bet you that he will not even look at anything else.

Besides, with the ongoing political drama, everything is on hold until we know what happens after Tunisia. Oya, I don talk enough.

We get problems no be small!
Thanks for forwarding the info and spilling some beans on the up coming friendlies, but I think rather than being negative, we can try and be hopeful that the Nig v Aus match on the 31st of March will hold.
To stop trying is to start dying
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Ayo,

The beans involve the 2nd game?

Good work though.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

No capacity for multi-tasking?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

nanijoe wrote:
All I know is I have tried my best. Maybe you might have more luck with him Nanijoe.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hahahahahahaha...... :lol: :lol: :lol: Ayo do you really think this game will take place if things don't work out in the NFA? If everything goes well this game will most likely take place but if not Australia should forget it... Stay tuned.... :mrgreen:
Soldier of Fortune...
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nanijoe wrote:
All I know is I have tried my best. Maybe you might have more luck with him Nanijoe.
Ayo,

The way things work in naija, everything is dependent on the results from the ANC.IF we crash out early, get ready for major re-orgs at the glass house, at which point the friendly match thing may no longer be Ogunjobi's decision to make.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Nanijoe,

For the first time i agree with you on this one wow...

nanijoe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
nanijoe wrote:
Ayo,

The way things work in naija, everything is dependent on the results from the ANC.IF we crash out early, get ready for major re-orgs at the glass house, at which point the friendly match thing may no longer be Ogunjobi's decision to make.
Soldier of Fortune...