Whatever happened to Ajax, used to be an elite club.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Whatever happened to Ajax, used to be an elite club.

Post by YemiBrazil »

okokobioko wrote:What happened to Ajax indeed! well, I can answer that, 6 months ago, they b`tch slapped United and today, they womanhandled Woman City, the champions of your useless EPL! Since you claim EPL is the best leauge, Ajax just made ur champion call them daddy! What happened to Ajax?? please go and siddon somewhere before i land u better back hand!

Again, the worse thing about football fans is that they KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL! and 99.98% of cybereagles members fall in that category.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Woman City ke??? O'boy you dey craze!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

kolinzo wrote:
okokobioko wrote:
okokobioko wrote:
Gudo wrote:Just because an Arsenal fan asked it does not mean its not a valid question? :roll:
They used to be a force in the Champions league. So again what happened to ajax?
Some of you just like to be flogged mercilessly. When last did Madrid or Bayern win the CL? How many clubs can win the CL. Ajax is doing what clubs must do, which is compete and win your domestic league. Arsenal ahs not even been able to win one thing in the last 8 years and you are questioning Ajax that is winning league titles and cups?

What happened to Ajax? Why didnt you ask that question when Ajax went to Old Trafford and gave united a good old beating early this year? (February 23, 2012)?
Perhaps today is a good day to ask this question again? :roll:
Okokobioko, Ajax is not what it used to be when it comes to household names. I don't think the starter of the thread is talking about their productivity. Half of Dutch team back in the 90's used to be Ajax players and they were feared around the world. This current Ajax team are being underestimated hence the rude awakening. Trust me on this when I say Ajax will not beat Man U again, not in this CL. In fact they will not beat Arsenal (and I hate Arsenal). Watch this space.
Thanks bro for the Highlighted.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

cito us wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
okokobioko wrote:
okokobioko wrote:
Gudo wrote:Just because an Arsenal fan asked it does not mean its not a valid question? :roll:
They used to be a force in the Champions league. So again what happened to ajax?
Some of you just like to be flogged mercilessly. When last did Madrid or Bayern win the CL? How many clubs can win the CL. Ajax is doing what clubs must do, which is compete and win your domestic league. Arsenal ahs not even been able to win one thing in the last 8 years and you are questioning Ajax that is winning league titles and cups?

What happened to Ajax? Why didnt you ask that question when Ajax went to Old Trafford and gave united a good old beating early this year? (February 23, 2012)?
Perhaps today is a good day to ask this question again? :roll:
Okokobioko, Ajax is not what it used to be when it comes to household names. I don't think the starter of the thread is talking about their productivity. Half of Dutch team back in the 90's used to be Ajax players and they were feared around the world. This current Ajax team are being underestimated hence the rude awakening. Trust me on this when I say Ajax will not beat Man U again, not in this CL. In fact they will not beat Arsenal (and I hate Arsenal). Watch this space.
Thanks bro for the Highlighted.
As long as they continue to beat the crap out of English so called household names and make sir alex's wrinkles fold like a roten ham sandwich, i am content. :wink:
"the black man is his own worst enemy; he is jealous of himself,envious and covetous" ---marcus garvey
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

cito us wrote:
okokobioko wrote:What happened to Ajax indeed! well, I can answer that, 6 months ago, they b`tch slapped United and today, they womanhandled Woman City, the champions of your useless EPL! Since you claim EPL is the best leauge, Ajax just made ur champion call them daddy! What happened to Ajax?? please go and siddon somewhere before i land u better back hand!

Again, the worse thing about football fans is that they KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL! and 99.98% of cybereagles members fall in that category.
I still stand by my question. Yes Ajax won today but this is not the Ajax of the years past. They are a selling team now and are fluctuating more than the Naija Nepa power supply. They are not a top 10 team in Europe irrespective of the result today.
And Arsenal :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Ajax last won the Champions League in 1995. That season, this was their team:

Van der Sar
Michael Reiziger
Frank Rijkaard
Frank de Boer
Danny Blind
Edgar Davids
Clarence Seedorf
Ronald de Boer
Mark Overmars
Jari Litmanen
Finidi George
Nwankwo Kanu
Patrick Kluivert

Several members of that team subsequently went on to win several more Champions League titles at other clubs, and most of the team ended up playing for Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Juventus, Man Utd, and Inter Milan. That was a top team.
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

wiseone wrote:Ajax last won the Champions League in 1995. That season, this was their team:

Van der Sar
Michael Reiziger
Frank Rijkaard
Frank de Boer
Danny Blind
Edgar Davids
Clarence Seedorf
Ronald de Boer
Mark Overmars
Jari Litmanen
Finidi George
Nwankwo Kanu
Patrick Kluivert

Several members of that team subsequently went on to win several more Champions League titles at other clubs, and most of the team ended up playing for Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Juventus, Man Utd, and Inter Milan. That was a top team.

Did you speak of that team, then, with the same breath of awe u do today? 17 years from now, who knows what people will say about their current players? :wink:
"the black man is his own worst enemy; he is jealous of himself,envious and covetous" ---marcus garvey
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

The biggest problem with this thread is the ignorance and arrogance. Ajax beat the crap out of united and made Sir Alex scream like a b1tch. They did the same to City. Both games were won with ease.. I saw the City game and it was Ajax was playing against a kindergarten 11. They toyed with, b1tch slapped and humiliated City before the world, WITH EASE! 6 monts ago, they did the same thing to United in front of United Fans who couldnt belive their eyes. Ajax, the champions of Ajax, toyed with and dismantled first and second of the EPL. That tells u a lot. keep underestimating ajax because madrid beat them.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yes I did (as did most of the footballing world). A bunch of kids and teenagers, defeated the grizzled, world class veterans of AC Milan THREE TIMES in one season! (with Baresi, Gullit, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Costacurta, Donadoni etc). Of the Ajax team, only Blind, Rijkaard and Litmanen were over 23 years old.

okokobioko wrote: Did you speak of that team, then, with the same breath of awe u do today? 17 years from now, who knows what people will say about their current players? :wink:
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

wiseone wrote:Yes I did (as did most of the footballing world). A bunch of kids and teenagers, defeated the grizzled, world class veterans of AC Milan THREE TIMES in one season! (with Baresi, Gullit, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Costacurta, Donadoni etc). Of the Ajax team, only Blind, Rijkaard and Litmanen were over 23 years old.

okokobioko wrote: Did you speak of that team, then, with the same breath of awe u do today? 17 years from now, who knows what people will say about their current players? :wink:
then you are filled with wisdom. :thumb:
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

wiseone wrote:Ajax last won the Champions League in 1995. That season, this was their team:

Van der Sar
Michael Reiziger
Frank Rijkaard
Frank de Boer
Danny Blind
Edgar Davids
Clarence Seedorf
Ronald de Boer
Mark Overmars
Jari Litmanen
Finidi George
Nwankwo Kanu
Patrick Kluivert

That was some team!!! Maybe except for Frank Rijkaard (and the two Naija players) all of those guys were in the Dutch Squad of that period! They were good!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

kolinzo wrote:

Van der Sar
Michael Reiziger
Frank Rijkaard
Frank de Boer
Danny Blind
Edgar Davids
Clarence Seedorf
Ronald de Boer
Mark Overmars
Jari Litmanen
Finidi George
Nwankwo Kanu
Patrick Kluivert

That was some team!!! Maybe except for Frank Rijkaard (and the two Naija players) all of those guys were in the Dutch Squad of that period! They were good!
jari couldnt have been
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Even then - Rijkaard was a member of the great AC Milan squad which many regard as the greatest club side of all time (with Gullit, Van Basten, Baresi, Maldini etc). Some say even better than the current Barca team. Kanu and George were members of Nigeria's greatest ever team.
kolinzo wrote: That was some team!!! Maybe except for Frank Rijkaard (and the two Naija players) all of those guys were in the Dutch Squad of that period! They were good!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

okokobioko wrote:The biggest problem with this thread is the ignorance and arrogance. Ajax beat the crap out of united and made Sir Alex scream like a b1tch. They did the same to City. Both games were won with ease.. I saw the City game and it was Ajax was playing against a kindergarten 11. They toyed with, b1tch slapped and humiliated City before the world, WITH EASE! 6 monts ago, they did the same thing to United in front of United Fans who couldnt belive their eyes. Ajax, the champions of Ajax, toyed with and dismantled first and second of the EPL. That tells u a lot. keep underestimating ajax because madrid beat them.
You hijacked this thread with one thing in mind,'Ajax is a great team and there is no two ways about it'. Your point may be valid but you never tried getting the initial point of the thread. Ajax's status today compared to say mid to late 90s is the main point of discussion.

Ajax is good now no doubt but they are no where near the awe inspiring team they used to be. Yes they did beat ManU at oldtrafford. When did ManU become a barometer for a good team's ability? ManCity win, go and lookup their away record in the Euro leagues. They are a terrible travelling team.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

wale1974 wrote:
cito us wrote:

I still stand by my question. Yes Ajax won today but this is not the Ajax of the years past. They are a selling team now and are fluctuating more than the Naija Nepa power supply. They are not a top 10 team in Europe irrespective of the result today.
And Arsenal :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Una no de tire for the tired and worn joke that only you seem to be laffin after you tell am? :roll:
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

There isnt as much money in the Dutch league as some of the other leagues so they have not been able to retain their best players who inevitably look for bigger contracts.

Anyways, the 'Ajax' model remains very prevalent in modern times...Arsenal, Lyon, Porto, etc.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Top African players now heading to England and Spain. That is where the money is..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ajax have improved over the last couple of seasons.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

cito us wrote:
okokobioko wrote:The biggest problem with this thread is the ignorance and arrogance. Ajax beat the crap out of united and made Sir Alex scream like a b1tch. They did the same to City. Both games were won with ease.. I saw the City game and it was Ajax was playing against a kindergarten 11. They toyed with, b1tch slapped and humiliated City before the world, WITH EASE! 6 monts ago, they did the same thing to United in front of United Fans who couldnt belive their eyes. Ajax, the champions of Ajax, toyed with and dismantled first and second of the EPL. That tells u a lot. keep underestimating ajax because madrid beat them.
You hijacked this thread with one thing in mind,'Ajax is a great team and there is no two ways about it'. Your point may be valid but you never tried getting the initial point of the thread. Ajax's status today compared to say mid to late 90s is the main point of discussion.

Ajax is good now no doubt but they are no where near the awe inspiring team they used to be. Yes they did beat ManU at oldtrafford. When did ManU become a barometer for a good team's ability? ManCity win, go and lookup their away record in the Euro leagues. They are a terrible travelling team.

But they are still better than Man U and Man City. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

What happened to Ajax? Your league campions, Man City (the team that destroyed the EPL last season) could not get a win against Ajax. What happened to Ajax? i think the appropriate question is "what happened to football knowlege?"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

They are back. Some of the one touch movement and passing by Ziyech, Neres, Van De Beek and Tadic last night was spell-binding. It was reminiscent of the great Ajax side that LVG put together in the mid-1990s. Funny enough many of the current board members, leadership and coaching staff, were members of that great 1990s team: Van der Sar, Overmars, Winter. Witschge etc.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Some of us have always known football. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?