Whatever happened to Ajax, used to be an elite club.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

okokobioko
Egg
Egg
Re: Whatever happened to Ajax, used to be an elite club.

Post by okokobioko »

Soccerfan00 wrote:
okokobioko wrote:
Soccerfan00 wrote:The real question should be what happened to modern football?

You people are funny talking about Ajax, does holland even have any black players anymore especially the ones from Surinam? :rotf:

I saw a couple of the CL games and what a snooze fest, I don't even know these new players and they don't have any glaring style of play/game personality that stands out like players from back in the day.

A lot of these new players in the game are pretty much carbon copies of each other.

SAD
Then, I am afraid, the fault is yours. Ajax style of play has not change dover the last 3-4 years. I expect them to manhandle Manchester City.
No one is talking about team style of play, I'm talking about individual talent.

Who is the biggest "star" in the dutch league right now cos I know there are no "superstars" in that league.

and yes there is a difference between a star and a superstar.
The dutch league may be devoid of publicity (the tool that creates superstars), but its not devoid of talent. let me explain that to you. "Superstars" are created because of publicity. the medida sings your praises soteyyyy your name is worldwide. Beckham is a superstart, but we all know where im talent reach. Darren Bent and the others in the EPL are all superstars! Hell, even Toress is a superstar! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but we all know he is not better than the striker Ajax has --Ryan Babel.

The fact is the dutch league is not devoid of fantastic players, FOOTBALL IS DEVOID OF FANTASTIC PLAYERS! Today, its Messi, Ronaldo and maybe 5 others. Think back to the days where you had 10-15 players legitimately fighting for the Ballon 'Dor, guys like Ronaldo, Zidane, Del Piero, Figo, batistuta, e.t.c...today its just Ronaldo or messi. pick one. Football has lost talent and right now, there are veryfew out there.

p.s-- Ajax has Christian Eriksson. A fantastic midfielder. May not be a media huge name like Scott Parker!v :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: but I can assure you Parker cannot clean his boots.
"the black man is his own worst enemy; he is jealous of himself,envious and covetous" ---marcus garvey
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Bigpokey24 wrote:assanal is a modern day Ajaxs

what is assanal and ajaxs?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Molue Conductor wrote:The real reason is that the dutch league became a feeder league, thus the Entire league is weakened. In terms of local performance, nothing has happened to Ajax.
Point on, they became a local champion amongst weak #$% teams in a weak league. They can not compete anymore outside the shores of Holland.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

okokobioko wrote:
Soccerfan00 wrote:
okokobioko wrote:

You people are funny talking about Ajax, does holland even have any black players anymore especially the ones from Surinam? :rotf:

I saw a couple of the CL games and what a snooze fest, I don't even know these new players and they don't have any glaring style of play/game personality that stands out like players from back in the day.

A lot of these new players in the game are pretty much carbon copies of each other.

SAD
Then, I am afraid, the fault is yours. Ajax style of play has not change dover the last 3-4 years. I expect them to manhandle Manchester City.
No one is talking about team style of play, I'm talking about individual talent.

Who is the biggest "star" in the dutch league right now cos I know there are no "superstars" in that league.

The dutch league may be devoid of publicity (the tool that creates superstars), but its not devoid of talent. let me explain that to you. "Superstars" are created because of publicity. the medida sings your praises soteyyyy your name is worldwide. Beckham is a superstart, but we all know where im talent reach. Darren Bent and the others in the EPL are all superstars! Hell, even Toress is a superstar! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but we all know he is not better than the striker Ajax has --Ryan Babel.

The fact is the dutch league is not devoid of fantastic players, FOOTBALL IS DEVOID OF FANTASTIC PLAYERS! Today, its Messi, Ronaldo and maybe 5 others. Think back to the days where you had 10-15 players legitimately fighting for the Ballon 'Dor, guys like Ronaldo, Zidane, Del Piero, Figo, batistuta, e.t.c...today its just Ronaldo or messi. pick one. Football has lost talent and right now, there are veryfew out there.

p.s-- Ajax has Christian Eriksson. A fantastic midfielder. May not be a media huge name like Scott Parker!v :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: but I can assure you Parker cannot clean his boots.
Okokobioko, can you say with a straight face that the dutch league is a top 4 league in Europe like they used to be? They may be littered with stars that will make the galaxy blush, the league is not a top league hence the champion produced is weak. Comparatively.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Nothing happeend to them..teams have their downs, lows and ups..They will do something in a few years that will make people question themselves.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

But the champion produced cained man united @ Old trafford (united's home) 4 months ago. The champion produced will face man City, the english champions in a few, are you willing to guarantee here and now that City will beat ajax??? Put your money were your mouth is, my brother. The reason everyone is attacking Ajax today is not becuase of the weakness of the dutch league--the dutch league has been weak for over a decade. In fact, between 6-4 years ago, Ajax was in the dustbin and were very very poor. Both on and off the pitch. No one questioned them then. People are questioning them now because they lost to Madrid. But these people forget that this same madrid beat Barcelona some weeks ago and obliterated Man City. What do you think will happen if madrid play United, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool? You think they can put on more of a fight than Ajax???

P.s-- Can you also say with a straight face that the Italian league is a top 4 league in Europe?
cito us wrote:
okokobioko wrote:
Soccerfan00 wrote:
okokobioko wrote:

SAD

Okokobioko, can you say with a straight face that the dutch league is a top 4 league in Europe like they used to be? They may be littered with stars that will make the galaxy blush, the league is not a top league hence the champion produced is weak. Comparatively.
"the black man is his own worst enemy; he is jealous of himself,envious and covetous" ---marcus garvey
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

Man Ataye wrote:Nothing happeend to them..teams have their downs, lows and ups..They will do something in a few years that will make people question themselves.

My brother, Ajax is the current champion of the dutch league!!! let me say that again, Ajax is the current champion of their league! "what else can make people quesiton themselves??" This is a little bit disrecpectful! Can Chelsea, Arsenal, United, PSG, Barcelona, Liverpool, Milan, Inter even claim that they are current champions?? You may not respect the league, but Ajax are current champions! The CL is a lottery! because a team hasnt won it in a while is irrelevant. Real and Bayern havent won it in a while and the sh1t Arsenal has never won it in their miserable existence! No one is questioning them.
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

okokobioko wrote:But the champion produced cained man united @ Old trafford (united's home) 4 months ago. The champion produced will face man City, the english champions in a few, are you willing to guarantee here and now that City will beat ajax??? Put your money were your mouth is, my brother. The reason everyone is attacking Ajax today is not becuase of the weakness of the dutch league--the dutch league has been weak for over a decade. In fact, between 6-4 years ago, Ajax was in the dustbin and were very very poor. Both on and off the pitch. No one questioned them then. People are questioning them now because they lost to Madrid. But these people forget that this same madrid beat Barcelona some weeks ago and obliterated Man City. What do you think will happen if madrid play United, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool? You think they can put on more of a fight than Ajax???
[/quote]

:biggrin:
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

What happened to Ajax indeed! well, I can answer that, 6 months ago, they b`tch slapped United and today, they womanhandled Woman City, the champions of your useless EPL! Since you claim EPL is the best leauge, Ajax just made ur champion call them daddy! What happened to Ajax?? please go and siddon somewhere before i land u better back hand!

Again, the worse thing about football fans is that they KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL! and 99.98% of cybereagles members fall in that category.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Yaya.. i applaud.. :clap: :clap: :clap: leave the EPL centric crew to enjoy their league..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

okokobioko wrote:
Gudo wrote:Just because an Arsenal fan asked it does not mean its not a valid question? :roll:
They used to be a force in the Champions league. So again what happened to ajax?
Some of you just like to be flogged mercilessly. When last did Madrid or Bayern win the CL? How many clubs can win the CL. Ajax is doing what clubs must do, which is compete and win your domestic league. Arsenal ahs not even been able to win one thing in the last 8 years and you are questioning Ajax that is winning league titles and cups?

What happened to Ajax? Why didnt you ask that question when Ajax went to Old Trafford and gave united a good old beating early this year? (February 23, 2012)?
Perhaps today is a good day to ask this question again? :roll:
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

metalalloy wrote:Yaya.. i applaud.. :clap: :clap: :clap: leave the EPL centric crew to enjoy their league..
O boy, it can be frustrating.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

okokobioko wrote:What happened to Ajax indeed! well, I can answer that, 6 months ago, they b`tch slapped United and today, they womanhandled Woman City, the champions of your useless EPL! Since you claim EPL is the best leauge, Ajax just made ur champion call them daddy! What happened to Ajax?? please go and siddon somewhere before i land u better back hand!

Again, the worse thing about football fans is that they KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL! and 99.98% of cybereagles members fall in that category.
When i open thread make you lecture me some people say my head no dey house.
You know your football. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

okokobioko wrote:What happened to Ajax indeed! well, I can answer that, 6 months ago, they b`tch slapped United and today, they womanhandled Woman City, the champions of your useless EPL! Since you claim EPL is the best leauge, Ajax just made ur champion call them daddy! What happened to Ajax?? please go and siddon somewhere before i land u better back hand!

I still stand by my question. Yes Ajax won today but this is not the Ajax of the years past. They are a selling team now and are fluctuating more than the Naija Nepa power supply. They are not a top 10 team in Europe irrespective of the result today.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

In case, you missed the whole late 90's and early 2000's and you need to see a replay of what happened to Ajax, please just watch Arsenal.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

amafolas wrote:In case, you missed the whole late 90's and early 2000's and you need to see a replay of what happened to Ajax, please just watch Arsenal.
Slightly different brother. Very different actually. Ajax suffered from being in a league where they simply had little choice. Holland much like Portugal isn't rolling in big money. Ajax didn't suffer lack of ambition, they just couldn't afford to hold onto their best. Arsenal can! But this illusion of fiscal responsibility keeps coming in the way, someone needs to tell the clowns in our front office that in sports, the more you spend, the more likely you are to make money AND win!
Oh plus, Arsenal isn't fit historically to clean Ajax's boots, google Ajax and read the trophies they've won, they were the invicncibles way before the Gunners and did it more impressively than Arsene's side.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

platinum wrote:
amafolas wrote:In case, you missed the whole late 90's and early 2000's and you need to see a replay of what happened to Ajax, please just watch Arsenal.
Slightly different brother. Very different actually. Ajax suffered from being in a league where they simply had little choice. Holland much like Portugal isn't rolling in big money. Ajax didn't suffer lack of ambition, they just couldn't afford to hold onto their best. Arsenal can! But this illusion of fiscal responsibility keeps coming in the way, someone needs to tell the clowns in our front office that in sports, the more you spend, the more likely you are to make money AND win!
Oh plus, Arsenal isn't fit historically to clean Ajax's boots, google Ajax and read the trophies they've won, they were the invicncibles way before the Gunners and did it more impressively than Arsene's side.
chief i know. The way arsenal is just collapsing is pissing me off. And i really believe that people who think 2014 will turn things around are underestimating how deep the rot is at Arsenal.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

okokobioko wrote:
okokobioko wrote:
Gudo wrote:Just because an Arsenal fan asked it does not mean its not a valid question? :roll:
They used to be a force in the Champions league. So again what happened to ajax?
Some of you just like to be flogged mercilessly. When last did Madrid or Bayern win the CL? How many clubs can win the CL. Ajax is doing what clubs must do, which is compete and win your domestic league. Arsenal ahs not even been able to win one thing in the last 8 years and you are questioning Ajax that is winning league titles and cups?

What happened to Ajax? Why didnt you ask that question when Ajax went to Old Trafford and gave united a good old beating early this year? (February 23, 2012)?
Okokobioko, Ajax is not what it used to be when it comes to household names. I don't think the starter of the thread is talking about their productivity. Half of Dutch team back in the 90's used to be Ajax players and they were feared around the world. This current Ajax team are being underestimated hence the rude awakening. Trust me on this when I say Ajax will not beat Man U again, not in this CL. In fact they will not beat Arsenal (and I hate Arsenal). Watch this space.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

amafolas wrote:
platinum wrote:
chief i know. The way arsenal is just collapsing is pissing me off. And i really believe that people who think 2014 will turn things around are underestimating how deep the rot is at Arsenal.

I cling onto some forlorn hope...I know FFP won't make a difference but i hope somehow that it will or that we'll wake up and start to spend and stop eroding the brand. Hope, it's all a fan has really. Is it smart? Most times like now it's extremely stupid but nothing else to cling onto.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kolinzo wrote:
okokobioko wrote:
okokobioko wrote:

Okokobioko, Ajax is not what it used to be when it comes to household names. I don't think the starter of the thread is talking about their productivity. Half of Dutch team back in the 90's used to be Ajax players and they were feared around the world. This current Ajax team are being underestimated hence the rude awakening. Trust me on this when I say Ajax will not beat Man U again, not in this CL. In fact they will not beat Arsenal (and I hate Arsenal). Watch this space.

The highlighted is all I care about in your statement and you are VERY very wrong. If you think winning 3-1 at home to City was a function of Mancini's ineptitude, you're mstaken. This Ajax side didn't lose any players except Van der Wiel and they added to the team that beat United last year, they're well able to beat United again...United escaped against Braga, Ajax put their foot on your throat and don't stop throttling. As for Arsenal, did you just watch the sterile display? The appropriate question for today is in present form can Arsenal not lose to Ajax.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

platinum wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
okokobioko wrote:
okokobioko wrote:

The highlighted is all I care about in your statement and you are VERY very wrong. If you think winning 3-1 at home to City was a function of Mancini's ineptitude, you're mstaken. This Ajax side didn't lose any players except Van der Wiel and they added to the team that beat United last year, they're well able to beat United again...United escaped against Braga, Ajax put their foot on your throat and don't stop throttling. As for Arsenal, did you just watch the sterile display? The appropriate question for today is in present form can Arsenal not lose to Ajax.
The fact that United came back from 2-0 down to win the game should tell you that United is by no means "an escape." This United team is not the same United Ajax defeated. United is solid when you factor in the new acquisitions so don't forget about that. I am willing to bet my paycheck on this that in cl game of two legs (or even in the final) this Ajax team will not beat this United team. And as for Arsenal, without having injuries, Ajax will smell pepper.

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

kolinzo wrote:
okokobioko wrote:
okokobioko wrote:

:lol: :lol: u seem to know very little about football. Have a nice evening.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

okokobioko wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
okokobioko wrote:
okokobioko wrote:

:lol: :lol: u seem to know very little about football. Have a nice evening.
Bookmarked.

***Breda = Br****