African Nations Cup Prediction Game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Akamoke
African Nations Cup Prediction Game

Post by Akamoke »

Dear All

It’s that time of the Year again, the African Nations Cup is around the corner and the first game starts on 24th January. If you are interested in testing your skills in the prediction game please make your predictions below this thread for the First round of the nations cup by 12 noon - January 24, 2004 GMT

Please Post your predictions in this thread
viewtopic.php?t=2278

Here is a time website for locating your time zone
www.timeticker.com

After the first round, players will be divided into Groups of 4..Stay tuned for your groupings

As an incentive, the organizers have determined to donate a tape of the Finals to the winning member at the end of the tournament. Should Nigeria (or the nationality of the winner) not make it to the final, the most recent tape of that team will be donated to the winner

It is important for us all to enjoy the tournament as it progresses and support our respective teams as well as uphold the true spirit of the African game. The main purpose of these prediction games is to add a bit of fun to the tournament and it gives people an opportunity to follow the tournament even if Nigeria or your favorite team is not playing.

Good luck to everyone and may the best team and Cybereagle win.

For the benefit of new comers and those who need a reminder, here are the rules of engagement below..

RULES FOR PARTICIPATING

1. All Participants will be divided into Groups of 4, and seeding will be based on performance in past prediction games

2. All Participants must submit their predictions to the required thread or PM (during knockout and third round games) by the day and time deadline. There will be no exceptions. Your prediction will not be counted if you predict late

3. You are not allowed to EDIT your scores once it is posted, therefore it is imperative that give your prediction much thought before posting them

4. After the Second round, you will be directed to send your predictions to Robbynice or Myself (Akamoke) to prevent “mutual agreements [:D]”

5. Your results will be based on a point system (see below) and the top two highest (Like the actual tournament) point scorers going through to the next round

6. The following will be used in this order to break a deadlock on points – Goals Scored (This is actual predicted score of a game) Average Points (Total Points/Games Played) and Lots

7. Knockout Stage will be conducted like the tournament with each member playing against a knockout opponent. Points given in the knockout rounds are for the rounds only (No accruals after Group games)

8. Scoring

5 Points = Exact Score of the actual match played, including a drawn match
3 Points = Predicting the winner with the right goal differential but not exact score. This includes predicting a draw for a tied match but with the inexact score
2 Points = Predicting a winner but missing the correct score by one goal by either team in either direction (e.g Predicting 3 – 0, 4 – 1, 3 - 2 , or 2 – 1 on a match that ended 3-1)
1 Point = Predicting a Winner for any other combination
0 Point = Other
If you Predicted a draw for a match that ended with a winner, you get no points regardless of the fact that you may have been off by one goal.

9.Have Fun

After the first round, players will be divided into Groups of 4..Stay tuned for your groupings

Jan 24 A TUNISIA RWANDA
Jan 25 A DR CONGO GUINEA
Jan 25 C CAMEROON ALGERIA
Jan 25 C ZIMBABWE EGYPT
Jan 26 B BURKINA FASO SENEGAL
Jan 26 B KENYA MALI
Jan 27 D NIGERIA MOROCCO
Jan 27 D SOUTH AFRICA BENIN
Last edited by Akamoke on Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Can't wait to start :lol: 8)

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

For the benefit of New comers
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Akamoke[/color] wrote:For the benefit of New comers
Do you have something to say?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

IAG Haven't you heard of stutter rap :mrgreen:

The idea was to pull the rules of participating in the predictions to front page
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Aka, why don't we have 4 points
You jumped from 5 point max to 3 and all the way to 0.

I think we can accomodate a 4 point, e.g predicting a draw, but not by the right margin. That is the closest to predicting an exact scoreline (same differential)
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

People are doubting that I can repeat but I can trust me brahs

I am Cameroon of the prediction league if that helps you ne
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Shaq, the significance of getting an exact score becomes all the more important that is why it has 5 points and the next best thing is 3 points

Can you give me an example of what you are proposing?
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

I just saw the explaination for the 3 points again. i think it's cool.
I was just wondering why there was no 4-point score.

I'm kool now.