BBC 3 Celebrates ANC with 3 weeks of African Programs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
BBC 3 Celebrates ANC with 3 weeks of African Programs

Post by AreaDaddy »

Details at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/africakic ... list.shtml

Highligts include

African Nations Cup: As-live coverage of Africa’s premier football competition. It's the 24th in the tournament’s history and involves 16 teams from around the continent. This year it all kicks off in Tunisia.

African Footballers’ Wives: From the sun of Africa to the rain of England, this film follows a number of league footballers and their wives both here and back home.

Nollywood: Nigeria is the third biggest movie-maker after Hollywood and Bollywood, with up to 54 new titles released in just one week. Nick Moran travels there in an attempt to make a short movie in three weeks.

[/url]
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

More like they're trying to take the p i s s
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

why?

At least the ANC should be interesting...
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Hey, you gotta give it to BBC, they are far more expansive than CNN and the like..

I didn't know Nigeria is the third largest movie producing country..I would have thought the Chinese were up there
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Akamoke: The BBC is a "public service broadcaster", unlike CNN - which is a commercial operation. The BBC is funded with public money - via a TV license. And black people pay this too - so they have to be seen to be catering for all spectrums of their license-paying audience.
http://www.naijiant.com/
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Even if it is on BBC 3.

As for this dodgy label "3rd largest movie producing country" I say Ha ha!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gooner1 wrote:More like they're trying to take the p i s s
No they're not.
Go read the other thread on the same subject started by AD.
I aint seen it myself, but it aint taking the pyss.

And it's not here I first heard about our being third. Its increasingly becoming common knowledge.

daMunK
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

RudeBoy wrote:Even if it is on BBC 3.

You guys just have no idea do you?

30-50 movies a week?
Mention where else that happens.

Na for your koro-koro eye the thing will blow-up big time and you will all be amazed.

Nick Moran sef still dey inside shock . :lol:
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

RudeBoy wrote:Even if it is on BBC 3.

If the movies are been done papapa why not?
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Good point G007! Are they talking quantity or turnover? And importantly what is there definition of a movie? Most are not fit for TV let alone "movie"

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

RudeBoy wrote:Good point G007! Are they talking quantity or turnover? And importantly what is there definition of a movie? Most are not fit for TV let alone "movie"
RB you would be surprise at the number of African's such as Kenyans, Ghana and Caribbean's who are addicted to those films, not to talk of Nigerians
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Yep. Naija is 3rd worldwide in movie output. I posted a nytimes article on this here (or on the old forum) a while back.

Wha choo looking at?!
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

SA: I would love to read that article; if you have it archived somewhere please post it
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

furiously frank wrote:SA: I would love to read that article; if you have it archived somewhere please post it
Good idea.

The number of Africans that follow Naija movies is phenomenal....just like the whole western world watches Hollywood stuff, na so Africans dey convert to Nollywood.
We just need to harness that power financially.

So RB, stop laughing with your eyes closed!! 8)

daMunK
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Damunk wrote:
furiously frank wrote:SA: I would love to read that article; if you have it archived somewhere please post it
Good idea.

The number of Africans that follow Naija movies is phenomenal....just like the whole western world watches Hollywood stuff, na so Africans dey convert to Nollywood.
We just need to harness that power financially.

So RB, stop laughing with your eyes closed!! 8)

daMunK
Damunk,
On OBE they show a lot of African films but recently I have been seeing some for that has both Nigerian and Ghanian actors combining this is a great development. Are there plans to make the films more international including actors from other countries????
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

RudeBoy wrote:Good point G007! Are they talking quantity or turnover? And importantly what is there definition of a movie? Most are not fit for TV let alone "movie"
One of my English friends saw a Nigerian movie wit me once. He asked if it was shot with a camcoder.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

27 wrote:
One of my English friends saw a Nigerian movie wit me once. He asked if it was shot with a camcoder.
tell him Jay-Jay Okocha, Kanu, Martins all started playing football with oranges and 'pitanga'...
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

I find it amazing on the one hand guys dey yab OBE, ACTV and BEN for their bad quality and on the other they praise Nollywood! In most cases both are poor in quality and content!

The overall package is poor but BEN are a disgrace but Nollywood is ok because JJ started playing football with oranges? :D Can't the same argument be proferred for BEN?

Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

27 most of the movies that find their way to the uk are PIRATED AND COPIED OVER AND OVER AGAIN, try watching a video CD or DVD, and you will know what im talking about
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

sepp blatter wrote:27 most of the movies that find their way to the uk are PIRATED AND COPIED OVER AND OVER AGAIN, try watching a video CD or DVD, and you will know what im talking about
Very true indeed. The quality of the films i watched in Nigeria was exceptional. Most of them were on VCD. I can tell you that is was cystal clear.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.