Tottenham is cursed (THE CLUB)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

okokobioko
Egg
Egg
Tottenham is cursed (THE CLUB)

Post by okokobioko »

I think this topic demands a thread of its own. I have never seeing a club like this before. It does not matter who their coach is, what year it is, the players, the chairman, doesnt matter. One thing remains constant: Tottenham goes out of its way to snatch defeat from the bare jaws of victory.

I have never seeing this kind of thing in my life before. How is this even possible??? Tottenham can be 10 goals up, with a 4 man advantage and still end up losing that game 10-11. tufiakwa!
"the black man is his own worst enemy; he is jealous of himself,envious and covetous" ---marcus garvey
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tottenham is cursed (THE CLUB)

Post by YemiBrazil »

okokobioko wrote:I think this topic demands a thread of its own. I have never seeing a club like this before. It does not matter who their coach is, what year it is, the players, the chairman, doesnt matter. One thing remains constant: Tottenham goes out of its way to snatch defeat from the bare jaws of victory.

I have never seeing this kind of thing in my life before. How is this even possible??? Tottenham can be 10 goals up, with a 4 man advantage and still end up losing that game 10-11. tufiakwa!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It is amazing. Promising so much and delivering so little. They have all the potentials but from my 'African man' perspective - Tottenham Hotspurs FC is in need of spiritual deliverance! :twisted:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

okokobioko wrote:I think this topic demands a thread of its own. I have never seeing a club like this before. It does not matter who their coach is, what year it is, the players, the chairman, doesnt matter. One thing remains constant: Tottenham goes out of its way to snatch defeat from the bare jaws of victory.

Must be the air in North London, coz there is another team that is the same
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Spurs have no business firing Harry. Although i despise Harry especially for the shameless way he touted himself for the English job, but i think they should have allowed him to stay. They need someone who is strong and has personality at least to keep them in a healthy position in the league. I repeat Harry should never have been fired.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Abeg all of you on this thread should keep quiet. You were expecting Spurs with a weakened midfield and with just two days rest after Europa exertions to beat the league champions who had 3 days rest in their home stadium. Shame on all of you. Tottenham is cursed because they lost to Man City at home. Thank goodness none of you are Spurs fans.

Harry Redknapp was fired and that was that. Already AVB has bettered Harry's performance away from home. Harry also had Modric and Parker available.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

Cristao II wrote:Abeg all of you on this thread should keep quiet. You were expecting Spurs with a weakened midfield and with just two days rest after Europa exertions to beat the league champions who had 3 days rest in their home stadium. Shame on all of you. Tottenham is cursed because they lost to Man City at home. Thank goodness none of you are Spurs fans.

Harry Redknapp was fired and that was that. Already AVB has bettered Harry's performance away from home. Harry also had Modric and Parker available.

Manchester United: Trophies Yesterday, Today and Forever

This is Cybereagles...expect anything.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

oluphemmie007 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Abeg all of you on this thread should keep quiet. You were expecting Spurs with a weakened midfield and with just two days rest after Europa exertions to beat the league champions who had 3 days rest in their home stadium. Shame on all of you. Tottenham is cursed because they lost to Man City at home. Thank goodness none of you are Spurs fans.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No blame Cristao II, he assumed this is solely about today's match.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I think Spurs lost a good opportunity today and it's been repeating itself. Yes they are not scoring many goals but they concede to draw or lose games.

Many will compare with Redknapp's time but Harry only won 1 game this year and AVB has bettered that.

Harry lost at Man City last year and was seriously beaten at home too. The likes of Modric, VDV and a few recognized players have left.

The likes of BAE, Parker, Kaboul are also out injured. On top of that we have a few new faces and a manager that chooses to do it his own way.

Is this the worst start to our season- definitely not but could be better.

We are just about managing respectability in the league but the team need a real goal scorer and a creative midfielder.
AVB need to play what the players are comfortable with and not what his comfortable with. Once the result start going their way, he can change systems and formation games where the opposition is weaker and game is secured.

Something certainly is amiss. Maybe a player or 2 might put it right or a change in formation or a change in manager. Interesting time at the Lane

If Spurs is cursed and we are 7th in the league after playing the top 3 teams, then there are a lot of over cursed team in the league
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

pajimoh wrote:I think Spurs lost a good opportunity today and it's been repeating itself. Yes they are not scoring many goals but they concede to draw or lose games.

Many will compare with Redknapp's time but Harry only won 1 game this year and AVB has bettered that.

Harry lost at Man City last year and was seriously beaten at home too. The likes of Modric, VDV and a few recognized players have left.

The likes of BAE, Parker, Kaboul are also out injured. On top of that we have a few new faces and a manager that chooses to do it his own way.

We are just about managing respectability in the league but the team need a real goal scorer and a creative midfielder.
AVB need to play what the players are comfortable with and not what his comfortable with. Once the result start going their way, he can change systems and formation games where the opposition is weaker and game is secured.

Something certainly is amiss. Maybe a player or 2 might put it right or a change in formation or a change in manager. Interesting time at the Lane

If Spurs is cursed and we are 7th in the league after playing the top 3 teams, then there are a lot of over cursed team in the league

you dont, and you wont get it. its like someone has hexed the team. rent fergie and all the refs sef,dem still no go get am right.
Manchester United: Trophies Yesterday, Today and Forever

This is Cybereagles...expect anything.
Maradona
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Maradona »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The danger in hunting down evil, is that you gradually become that which you seek to destroy..

"While this Czech man is impressive, d#$% Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and the rest of the US Republican establishment have been living without a heart for a far longer time." - Scipio Africanus' reaction to news that a Czech man had undergone a surgical procedure that enabled him to live for 6 months without a heart.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

oluphemmie007 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:I think Spurs lost a good opportunity today and it's been repeating itself. Yes they are not scoring many goals but they concede to draw or lose games.

you dont, and you wont get it. its like someone has hexed the team. rent fergie and all the refs sef,dem still no go get am right.
Well that is your opinion and those who put their money on the line and most fans don't share it. AVB is a new manager and if the owners are willing to give him the time, it's their money but I suspect fans will be that patient.
Some people are expert on other people's club. All they see is result but not the key personnel that could have made result better under different circumstances.

I didn't see Harry doing much when Modric wanted away at the beginning of last season. Only time will tell if AVB will get it right or not. One thing is for sure the chances of Spurs winning the league with or without Harry is extremely slim. We all know the money miss road clubs will always buy their way to the title. Everyone else is fighting for respectability. If that is cursed in other peoples book then na dem shelenge be that
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Tottenham is not a cursed club...read Sugar's autobiography book and you see why Spurs struggled since the Premier League started in 1992...
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

Molue Conductor wrote:

Must be the air in North London, coz there is another team that is the same
But Tottenham has been like this for decades.
"the black man is his own worst enemy; he is jealous of himself,envious and covetous" ---marcus garvey
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

oloye wrote:Spurs have no business firing Harry. Although i despise Harry especially for the shameless way he touted himself for the English job, but i think they should have allowed him to stay. They need someone who is strong and has personality at least to keep them in a healthy position in the league. I repeat Harry should never have been fired.
Spurs fired Harry largely for non-footballing reasons. No corporation in this world will retain an employee after the employee did what Harry did. I am sorry.
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

Cristao II wrote:Abeg all of you on this thread should keep quiet. You were expecting Spurs with a weakened midfield and with just two days rest after Europa exertions to beat the league champions who had 3 days rest in their home stadium. Shame on all of you.
Ajax did it and easily! You were 1 goal up and blew it! doesnt matter who was playing. in that so called wakened midfield, you had dempsey, Huddlestone and Sandro. Aside from the fact that 2 of those 3 are ur starters, Huddlestone is no slouch! LIVERPOOL WENT TO CHESLEA WITH A TATTERED SQUAD AND GOT A POINT!

sADLY, YOU ARE NOW A LOSER! fOR YOU TO DEFEND THROWING A LEAD MAKES ME REALISE YOU ARE A LOSER! I GUESS THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SUPPORT A LOSER OF A TEAM!
Tottenham is cursed because they lost to Man City at home. Thank goodness none of you are Spurs fans.
If this is what you got fromthe thread, then you need ur brain examined! Tottenham is cursed becuase for years and years, you take a lead and you go out of your way to lose it. is it 2-0 and you effed it up? or 3-1 and u effed it up? or stomach pain at Fulham? Go on youtube and there are videos upon videos of tottenham eff ups with that son --"1-0 and u effed it up!" Your club is cursed!
And AvB has Dembele and Dempsey. :roll:
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

YemiBrazil wrote:
oluphemmie007 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No blame Cristao II, he assumed this is solely about today's match.

tell me about it.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

okokobioko wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Abeg all of you on this thread should keep quiet. You were expecting Spurs with a weakened midfield and with just two days rest after Europa exertions to beat the league champions who had 3 days rest in their home stadium. Shame on all of you.
Ajax did it and easily! You were 1 goal up and blew it! doesnt matter who was playing. in that so called wakened midfield, you had dempsey, Huddlestone and Sandro. Aside from the fact that 2 of those 3 are ur starters, Huddlestone is no slouch! LIVERPOOL WENT TO CHESLEA WITH A TATTERED SQUAD AND GOT A POINT!

sADLY, YOU ARE NOW A LOSER! fOR YOU TO DEFEND THROWING A LEAD MAKES ME REALISE YOU ARE A LOSER! I GUESS THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SUPPORT A LOSER OF A TEAM!
Tottenham is cursed because they lost to Man City at home. Thank goodness none of you are Spurs fans.
If this is what you got fromthe thread, then you need ur brain examined! Tottenham is cursed becuase for years and years, you take a lead and you go out of your way to lose it. is it 2-0 and you effed it up? or 3-1 and u effed it up? or stomach pain at Fulham? Go on youtube and there are videos upon videos of tottenham eff ups with that son --"1-0 and u effed it up!" Your club is cursed!
See this angel*. You think because you call someone that he is a loser that he is a loser. It is footballing prostitutes like yourself that are losers. You have no idea about football despite the book you talk. I mean look at your last statement - You are comparing a Modric and Parker team to a Dembele and Dempsey one - There is a reason Fulham hasnt finished above Spurs for a long while. Those are not even in the same class. You even called a midfield containing Sandro, Huddlestone and Dempsey a solid one? Are you ok? You want to compare that to Toure, Silva and Barry. I mean COME ON!! It surely isnt algebra. Which one is the tougher midfield? Hmmmm.

Yes and you forget vs Charlton - we were 2-0 down and we came back. Against United and we held and won. Against Chelsea, we have held and won. MUMU IT IS FOOTBALL!! CHEI!! I cant believe your utter stupidity - You are now saying Football is 1+1 = 2. Spurs have come back in matches and have also lost matches where teams have come back.

But then I dont even know why I am responding to such a crass uncivilised BS excuse for a tout. Stay away from Spurs!! I mean you are even bitching more than some sensitive people I know and Spurs aint even your club.

As I said - anyone on this thread insulting Tottenham for losing 2-1 to Man City (THE LEAGUE CHAMPIONS) at Man City's stadium with a second choice midfield and with only two days rest after a Europa match - when we know it takes 48 hrs for players to recover from a match nowadays is a clown and I am disgusted. Shame on all of you instead. As far as I know sef majority of you are even clubless fans or gloryhunters!! COME ON YOU SPURS where real football fans exists. Lets see the next match.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oluphemmie007 wrote:

Really - and it is not Utd that has been hexed. It is Spurs.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

Cristao II wrote:
okokobioko wrote:

See this angel*.
You are an imbecile.

Didnt read the rest of your trash, loser!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

okokobioko wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
okokobioko wrote:

See this angel*.
You are an imbecile.

Didnt read the rest of your trash, loser!
See this clown. Your village is regretting the money they put together to finance your education. You are living proof that one should never throw pearls to pigs!! You are given a brain to process knowledge and this thread is full proof of your inability to use that brain. As someone said on CE - education is free on CE. Tell your village that so they wont make such a mistake again!!

OH and stay off Spurs/AVB's nuts.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

Cristao II wrote:
See this clown.
brainless Moron!

Your village is regretting the money they put together to finance your education.
I know its foreign to you, but my parents paid for every cent of my education. from day care to the last one. No village, no government, no loan. Nothing. Scholarship and fantastic parents doing their job. I wish you had such privilege, but hey! cest la vie!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Abeg people na only a game. The players, the managers and the owners are making money win, lose or draw and we dey hia dey insult each other? na wa o
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I'm not sure why a 2nd-tier club like Spurs get so much attention anyway. Yeah, they play in the most famous league in the world, have a long history and play in a huge city but this club has long been mediocre. What have they won recently? A Carling Cup? Even the 2nd tier teams found in other leagues have significant achievements in recent history, i.e. big domestic trophies, UEFA Cup, etc. Tottenham are largely irrelevant.