Leeds hanging on at City

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KoC
Egg
Egg
Leeds hanging on at City

Post by KoC »

Ayo must be squirming in his seat at the City of manchester Stadium. Mark Viduka put Leeds ahead in the first half from a defensive howler. But Sibierski restored parity with eight minutes left and Leeds have been hanging on by a wing and a prayer.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

I dont mind Man-City beating Leeds today no problem.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
KoC
Egg
Egg
Re: Leeds hanging on at City

Post by KoC »

3 mins of stoppage time. Leeds wont be too happy with this

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
City no serious at all!

Post by omey2k4 »

Kai the game go end in draw Leeds don vex oh!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
KoC
Egg
Egg
Re: City no serious at all!

Post by KoC »

omey2k4 wrote:Kai the game go end in draw Leeds don vex oh!
FT: Man City 1 Leeds 1

What a day for Ayo.

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Outside of Arsenal,Chelsea and ManU. And then Wolves at the bottom of the ladder. I think the rest of the premiership teams are virtually equally balanced. This is the same leeds side who looked doomed a few weeks back. Check out Portsmouth,they looked buoyant a while ago,now its like they're going down. What of Bolton?? looking very intimidating.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Ever wonder why EPL is crap?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Just as we were about to start chanting:

Jingle Bells
Jingle Bells
Jingle All The Way
O What Fun It Is To See
United win Away

They were damn lucky to get away with a point. Kick Off Chief, I notice you did not mention the one on one Milner had towards the end and Dubbery's header that nearly flashed in in injury time. I agree we did not play as well as we have been of late but Man City should be three easy points.

The likes of Charlton and Fulham are better teams than Man City and we beat them. I am sorely disappointed with this draw.
Hard Man
Gaddem referee

Post by Hard Man »

When Graham Barber (the Demon barber of Tring) is in charge, don't expect any breaks for Leeds ... that last minute hack on Milner was a free-kick+red card for professional foul, and the 3 yellows we got in stoppage time came from where ...? Tackles by Wright-Phillips and others were alright, but similar tackles from Leeds .. na yellow card be dat. Talk about fairness...

Jeff Winter, Graham Barber .. guys like this shouldn't be put in charge of matches involving Leeds.

8 points from 4 games under Eddie Gray ... beats 8 points from 13 under Reid. On the other end of the table, that would be good form...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Gaddem referee

Post by Waffiman »

Hard Man wrote:When Graham Barber (the Demon barber of Tring) is in charge, don't expect any breaks for Leeds ... that last minute hack on Milner was a free-kick+red card for professional foul, and the 3 yellows we got in stoppage time came from where ...? Tackles by Wright-Phillips and others were alright, but similar tackles from Leeds .. na yellow card be dat. Talk about fairness...

Jeff Winter, Graham Barber .. guys like this shouldn't be put in charge of matches involving Leeds.

8 points from 4 games under Eddie Gray ... beats 8 points from 13 under Reid. On the other end of the table, that would be good form...
Hardman, I thought Duberry's tackle on Wright Phillips was terrible.

On the whole, good point for Leeds. Eddie Gray is doing the business, Gray has shown the world how incompetent and rubbish Peter Reid was. He should go back to the Nationwide like Robson.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Ayo congrats o. I can almost hear the hoarseness in your voice

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

O boy na wa. KOC, football na serious work. Combining Leeds, with SE, with CE, with work and family is a 36 hour job. Unfortunately, we only have 24 hours in the day.

Being away on Leeds business has meant I am behind with SE matters. However, I will make a few calls now rto see what is going on. I will PM you in a minute.
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:O boy na wa. KOC, football na serious work. Combining Leeds, with SE, with CE, with work and family is a 36 hour job. Unfortunately, we only have 24 hours in the day.

Being away on Leeds business has meant I am behind with SE matters. However, I will make a few calls now rto see what is going on. I will PM you in a minute.
No worry, SE no dey run. Anyhow, the disorganisation go stll dey

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

Hard Man

Post by Hard Man »

Waffiman:
it beats me how any chairman worth the job could have taken Reid on. Reid inherited a good Manchester City team, and got it relegated. And we all know the way he ended up at Sunderland. Therefore what Ridsdale was expecting from Reid, only goodness knows, because Reid would've taken us all the way down to the Naitonwide.

he was all about "passion" and making us a "very hard team to beat". Well excuse me, passion alone doesn't win games, you have to deploy your resources right and in this he was, needless to say, sorely lacking. The Arsenal match told me everything, here was a man who rolled out a team but failed to plan for anything, including Thierry Henry, and Henry had a field day running at our defense from a BARE midfield. Sacking him was the best move Trevor Birch made, and appointing Eddie Gray was the best move Trevor Birch made after that. I think Gray will keep the job on a permanent basis, he has the tactical nous to take us places. It is no surprise whatsoever that the team that was playing some of the most exciting football in the EPL under O'Leary was coached by Gray. Brian Kidd's introduction was O'Leary pouring sand into the gari.

Eddie will do a great job if he's given the chance. We can continue our unbeaten run and climb that table, even narrowly make the UEFA Cup. Next season, with more experience under Milner's belt and one or two new players, we'll make the CL running again... again, if Gray is in charge.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Hard Man wrote:Waffiman:
it beats me how any chairman worth the job could have taken Reid on. Reid inherited a good Manchester City team, and got it relegated. And we all know the way he ended up at Sunderland. Therefore what Ridsdale was expecting from Reid, only goodness knows, because Reid would've taken us all the way down to the Naitonwide.

he was all about "passion" and making us a "very hard team to beat". Well excuse me, passion alone doesn't win games, you have to deploy your resources right and in this he was, needless to say, sorely lacking. The Arsenal match told me everything, here was a man who rolled out a team but failed to plan for anything, including Thierry Henry, and Henry had a field day running at our defense from a BARE midfield. Sacking him was the best move Trevor Birch made, and appointing Eddie Gray was the best move Trevor Birch made after that. I think Gray will keep the job on a permanent basis, he has the tactical nous to take us places. It is no surprise whatsoever that the team that was playing some of the most exciting football in the EPL under O'Leary was coached by Gray. Brian Kidd's introduction was O'Leary pouring sand into the gari.

Eddie will do a great job if he's given the chance. We can continue our unbeaten run and climb that table, even narrowly make the UEFA Cup. Next season, with more experience under Milner's belt and one or two new players, we'll make the CL running again... again, if Gray is in charge.
True words Hardman. You called for Eddie Gray even when Ayo was crazily rooting for Reid. Gray's formation, choice of players and the deployment of Matteo in front of the defence in his new formation has really impressed me.

I really cannot understand why that con-artist Veneables who messed up Leeds got the job ahead of him in the first place.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Hard Man

Post by Hard Man »

Waffiman wrote: True words Hardman. You called for Eddie Gray even when Ayo was crazily rooting for Reid. Gray's formation, choice of players and the deployment of Matteo in front of the defence in his new formation has really impressed me.

I really cannot understand why that con-artist Veneables who messed up Leeds got the job ahead of him in the first place.
Gray's pedigree is not in doubt. He built a quality team virtually from scratch in the 1980's ...using youth players, many went on to become internationals. He had no money whatsoever for players, which made his accomplishment a big plus.

Waffi, Ridsdale was a fan, he let his heart rule his head, and he wasn't very shrewd. He was dazzled by Venables' press hype, failed to see what many people already did: In 25 years of management, Venables has won only the FA Cup with Spurs (his success at Barca doesn't count).

If "Limelight Pete" could hire Venables, then he could also hire Reid. Birch should've been there from the very beginning. I like his style. No fire sales, steered Chelsea and their 90 million pound debt profile through a successful season in which they sold NO players and secured a CL place, then steered them out of debt and into Roman Abramovich's arms. And ahead of the January transfer window, he's been warning Leeds will not be anyone's soft touch.

Contrast that with Limelight Pete's knee-jerk reactions, selling Ferdinand, Woodgate etc etc etc and the idiotic deal to pay part of Fowler's salary while he plays for City. This Limelight guy should be the chairman of Manure.