Mucho Respect To The Galactic League!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Mucho Respect To The Galactic League!

Post by YUJAM »

I was planning to touch on this topic. Chei, did I see some football in La Liga this weekend. Truly, the Spanish have some real giants of football in their league. Man like Joaquim - Betis, Torres - Atletico, Reyes - Sevilla, Luque, Valeron, and Victor - Deportivo, Ronaldnho - Barca, Benjamin - Betis etc etc.

During the Barca vs Bilbao game, I saw Ronaldinho "height" this guy three times in a row. The crowd went crazy. Of course, such appreciation for skill is not shown by fans in England. Luque also pulled off this incredible "height" move on a Zaragoza player and once again the crowd went crazy. It was kinda like a ballerina move where Luque one leg planted firmly the other fully extended managed to height his opponent right on the byline.

Then of course there were the totally devastating dribbling moves. I saw Joaquim run circles around Roberto Carlos on Sunday. Ronaldinho pulled off some serious dribbles. JJ is nowhere near this kid when it comes to raw skills. Then there was Zidane who just seems to breeze past players in midfield. Man, I am even beginning to like Raul more now.

The football in La Liga is so tremendous that I just bust a big smile when watching their games.

All hail to the galacticos!
Last edited by YUJAM on Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mucho Respect To The Galactic League!

Post by platinum »

YUJAM wrote:I was planning to touch on this topic. Chei, did I see some football in La Liga this weekend. Truly, the Spanish have some real giants of football in their league. Man like Joaquim - Betis, Torres - Atletico, Reyes - Sevilla, Luque, Valeron, and Victor - Deportivo, Ronaldnho - Barca, Benjamin - Betis etc etc.

During the Barca vs Bilbao game, I saw Ronaldinho "height" this guy three times. The crowd went crazy. Of course, such appreciation for skill is not shown by fans in England. Luque also pulled off this incredible "height" move on a Zaragoza player and once again the crowd went crazy.

Then of course there were the totally devastating dribbling moves. I saw Joaquim run circles around Roberto Carlos on Sunday. Ronaldinho pulled off some serious dribbles. JJ is nowhere near this kid when it comes to raw skills. Then there was Zidane who just seems to breeze past players in midfield. Man, I am even beginning to like Raul more now.
The football in La Liga is so tremendous that I just bust a big smile when watching their games.

say what??! abeg,repeat it let all hear u. are u watching the valencia/real game?
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Yujam

When it comes to the crunch, Spain suck. The league appears great and glossy on TV. And flog ur self for saying someone has more raw skills than Jay Jay

PS i never knew u liked masturbatory dribbles
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

At least he is talking about Ronaldinho no Diouf who by the way is the worst Senegalese footballer ever!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Platinum:
I will watch it later. GOL TV is carrying it live. I was wrong about Raul. He is still a punk #$% biotch but good when he gets himself more involved in the game.

Dodo:
I have never seen that quality of football played in any league. I like the gloss but the football is out of this world my brother.. Not to mention man like Aimar - Valencia, Rufete - Valencia.
platinum wrote:
YUJAM wrote:I was planning to touch on this topic. Chei, did I see some football in La Liga this weekend. Truly, the Spanish have some real giants of football in their league. Man like Joaquim - Betis, Torres - Atletico, Reyes - Sevilla, Luque, Valeron, and Victor - Deportivo, Ronaldnho - Barca, Benjamin - Betis etc etc.

During the Barca vs Bilbao game, I saw Ronaldinho "height" this guy three times. The crowd went crazy. Of course, such appreciation for skill is not shown by fans in England. Luque also pulled off this incredible "height" move on a Zaragoza player and once again the crowd went crazy.

say what??! abeg,repeat it let all hear u. are u watching the valencia/real game?
Last edited by YUJAM on Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

oh for sure with Pablito and Zizou plying their trade in a league it has to be off the hezzle. But i always have my doubts on some of the play thats why u get Zaragoza one year in CL then u get Mallorca, Vigo, and Sociedad etc
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Even the Africans do well there. I hope Aghahowa finds his way there.

BTw, one of the things that sets this league apart is their great camera angles and the crowd atmosphere. I've heard full bands playing during the games. Even heard sthg very similar to the Aladura trumpets!
oh for sure with Pablito and Zizou plying their trade in a league it has to be off the hezzle. But i always have my doubts on some of the play thats why u get Zaragoza one year in CL then u get Mallorca, Vigo, and Sociedad etc
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Listen lads English football is the best. If you want a classic kick and follow game, watch the EPL. :mrgreen:
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

YUJAM wrote:Even the Africans do well there. I hope Aghahowa finds his way there.

BTw, one of the things that sets this league apart is their great camera angles and the crowd atmosphere. I've heard full bands playing during the games. Even heard sthg very similar to the Aladura trumpets!

As long as they dont go in trance when playing, that is cool. :mrgreen:
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

at the top end english football is good, at the bottom end its best to have a date with a loaded revolver
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The kick and rush style! Chei, England! :lol:
Listen lads English football is the best. If you want a classic kick and follow game, watch the EPL.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

Akure4Life wrote:Listen lads English football is the best. If you want a classic kick and follow game, watch the EPL. :mrgreen:
lmao .. i agree in that kinda soccer they r the best ... :D
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

yujam kindly slap yourself for making that statement about JJ.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

During the Barca vs Bilbao game, I saw Ronaldinho "height" this guy three times in a row. The crowd went crazy. Of course, such appreciation for skill is not shown by fans in England. Luque also pulled off this incredible "height" move on a Zaragoza player and once again the crowd went crazy. It was kinda like a ballerina move where Luque one leg planted firmly the other fully extended managed to height his opponent right on the byline.

The English corwn applaud skills.

Classic example was Spurs v Bolton and JJ ripped Spurs apart and Spurs supporters were applauding JJ even their team were losing at home.
khalela

Post by khalela »

I think that the English crowd applaud skills cos there do not normally play skilled football. As for Spanish league, if it had the kind of publicity that EPL has then it will be bloody.For all the step overs that little Christiano Ronaldo has been doing,Figo did it light years ago.Zidane does it effortlessly,we all can remember the phenomena called Luiz Ronaldo de Lima.Ronaldinho has more tricks up his sleeves than the little chappie will ever.And he still delivers for his club without just putting on the show boat.
For JJ's thunderbolts,Roberto Carlos has been doing it for years,but the EPL is just now seeing those kind of skills.
As for Raul Blanco Gonzalez,being the highest goalscorer ever in the Champions League (43 goals) at the age of 26 can not be a fluke.
But I bet that it is a mistake that 3 World Footballer of the Year play in Spain :D
Abeg Yujam, I advise you to watch a bit more of Spanish La Liga.You will see football.
As for the different CL representatives each year, it is because they do not care for big names and ready to kill Real Madrid in a game cos they think they are the Champions(which we are sha).Each game is played like a final in La Liga. Not the one that one EPL big dog will kill the littlt 'uns even before a game(though we can see that the trend is changing a bit)
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Dodo wrote:at the top end english football is good, at the bottom end its best to have a date with a loaded revolver
chei..Dodo..you no go wound pesin with laughter.... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

bret- hart wrote:yujam kindly slap yourself for making that statement about JJ.
It seemed you just took the words out of my mouth....Men! comparing that waste-pipe Ronaldinho to JJ, that is disrespect to the utmost order. Infact, you just need to give ya self about 10 really good slaps (not cyber slaps) for typing what you just typed....unless you want to say it was typo-error! :evil:
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

khalela,
I understand you stance on Raul Gonzalez but for real, jokes apart, the guy's game has really declined. At least we have other players in the Real madrid team that are world best players and still perform day in day out. See, I never really admire beckham kind of play at Man.U because I felt like the guy was really overhyped by the english press. But at Real Madrid, I have come to really apreciate the kind of soccer this guy play...he is the best midfielder that Real Madrid has right now, his vision is imcomparable. He sees everybody from his midfield role and his passes are ever accurate, be it to Ronaldo, Figo, Raul, and sometimes Roberto Carlos going upfront from his left side defensive role. To me, I think Raul need to step up big time because his level of game has really dwindled!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Omonaija

Maybe Raul is on burn out after perfoming at the highest level for the last 10 years or so
khalela

Post by khalela »

omonaija wrote:khalela,
I understand you stance on Raul Gonzalez but for real, jokes apart, the guy's game has really declined. At least we have other players in the Real madrid team that are world best players and still perform day in day out. See, I never really admire beckham kind of play at Man.U because I felt like the guy was really overhyped by the english press. But at Real Madrid, I have come to really apreciate the kind of soccer this guy play...he is the best midfielder that Real Madrid has right now, his vision is imcomparable. He sees everybody from his midfield role and his passes are ever accurate, be it to Ronaldo, Figo, Raul, and sometimes Roberto Carlos going upfront from his left side defensive role. To me, I think Raul need to step up big time because his level of game has really dwindled!
Truthful, I know that Raul's game has declined and even he is aware. His declining game is not that he does not score only that he is gradually getting lost in the skim of things.I tend to think that the fact that Valdano sold Makelele and left everyone else to do the dirty work is taxing all the players.Raul is now playing deeper instead of behind Ronaldo. He now hustles for ball instead of being giving balls.(Oh! and he has also had some embarassing misses too!!!)He is young though and I bet that after we buy the Brazilian defender things will iron out.
As for Beckham, I will also be the first to say that he was a popstar in England but Real and Spain have turned him to a footballer.Please go and see the game against Villareal and the pass he gave to Zidane.Nowadays Ronaldo is on holiday cos he knows that there is someone getting the balls for him and all he needs to do is to tuck it in.The guy has eyes everywhere and is not afraid to go in for tackles and yet handle all the press. Did you see the game yesterday against Valencia. I think that him and England have benefitted from his move to Spain.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Dodo,
I still believe that the guy can still perform at the highest level he has always performed but his mind set up right now is really messed up! Don't forget that this Raul we are talking about, the same Raul that played with so many great players in his own time. Players like: Micheal Laudrup, the chilean international and the yugoslavia international (both I have forgotten their names) and he still performed well playing with all these good players. I guess maybe the guy need a new territory....may be england, italy or Germany, which i really don't forsee happening in the nearest future.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

khalela,
True dat....I wish they didn't sell Makalele to Chelsea! Real Madrid would have been the best complete team in the world but that midfield is still a source of concern to the madrid officials. All the 4 matches they have lost this season is due to the ineffectiveness of their midfield. Because Beckham is working like a dog, multi-tasking in that midfield (playing both attacking and defensive midfield) I guess that is why Raul keeps dropping back to help cover up and be another link to the attack whereas leaving Ronaldo to do most of the damage up-front. The fact of the matter is that if any good team face this present Madrid team, Madrid team will be mesmerized because they are not strong in the back and there is a big loop-hole in their midfield. Actually, I have seen any of their matches recently but I watch them more often thank God to GOLTV!
khalela

Post by khalela »

Dodo,
The burnt out Raul was still the second highest goalscorer for Real Madrid last season.And is still the 2nd highest goal scorer for Real this season with 10 goals to Ronaldo's 15.And he is still hustling. I wish SE had burnt out strikers like that 8) .
Omonaija,
Me I do not sleep at night when I imagine what will happen when some of this clubs meet us on a bad day. It can be very embarrasing. I only console myself with the fact that all the clubs in Spain come to play us like they are playing cup finals so we have adequate practise. Also I think that all the clamoring by the team for real defenders will be met before the window closes and then anybody wey hear Real Madrid go dey tremble.
But another show of the quality of Spanish League is that they have 4 teams in the 2nd round, they have had at least 2 teams in the quarter finals in the last 5 years (Real Madrid have won it 3ce in 5 years even when they did not win the La Liga)We have had 2 Spanish team play in the finals,semi-finals,etc.Ask Utd what they feel about Real Madrid.The list of the Spanish league achievment in the last 10 years is not questionable.
What can I say but "Hola Madrid" and Long live the La Liga.