PAVEMAN: On Makinwa

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gadfly
Egg
Egg
PAVEMAN: On Makinwa

Post by Gadfly »

I caught the highlight of his game for Modena last naight on Gol TV. I was hugely impressed! He had a goal bound shot in the 18 yard box saved at the last minute by the scrambling keeper.

I have never been excited by a Nigerian forward since the days of Usiyen followed by Finidi and now Makinwa even though it was just the highlights I saw. Is he as good as he was in the highlights? His positioning, anticipations, and use of that gray matter, were, I will say wow!

Enlighten me please on this young man.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

I was also impressed by his strength. The lad is big and if he develops well will be a good target man for the SE in the future. Thats if he agrees to play for us.
To stop trying is to start dying
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

we shrinning him already without seeing the whole game?
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
Larry Ashagbe
Re: PAVEMAN: On Makinwa

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Gadfly wrote:I caught the highlight of his game for Modena last naight on Gol TV. I was hugely impressed! He had a goal bound shot in the 18 yard box saved at the last minute by the scrambling keeper.

I have never been excited by a Nigerian forward since the days of Usiyen followed by Finidi and now Makinwa even though it was just the highlights I saw. Is he as good as he was in the highlights? His positioning, anticipations, and use of that gray matter, were, I will say wow!

Enlighten me please on this young man.
I have not seen himplay yet but you sound well impressed.

Good luck to him.
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Gadfly, i am one of the ppl that follow the Young in Italy. He is good, and will disgrace Inter this weekend. Hopefully, he will score 2 and Martins will score 3.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

kaycee2g wrote:Gadfly, i am one of the ppl that follow the Young in Italy. He is good, and will disgrace Inter this weekend. Hopefully, he will score 2 and Martins will score 3.
Win-win for Nigeria! :) :) :)
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

mastermind wrote:we shrinning him already without seeing the whole game?
Geez cant you be happy for the guy without it being shrining. I aint seen the guy play but all what i hear are positives and thats good enough for me
shigemo
Egg
Egg

Post by shigemo »

MAKINWA is a very good player. :mrgreen:
Is there any experience to which he was chosen as the nigeria youth representative?
I LOVE NIGERIAN FOOTBALL :thumbs:
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

We will like to see more of him.
who no know go know.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Gadfly: I admit although I have followed Makinwa, neither have I ever watched a full game involving the lad. It is quite difficult (impossible) to catch live Serie B games. However, I have seen many highlights during his stay in Como, enough to have a good impression of the lad. I like him because although he is big and strong, he has good feet and is quite fast. For me, those are the characteristics of the perfect all round attacker.

Now that he is in Serie A, I will get to watch him often. Modena- Inter should be a classic with Martins on one side and Makinwa on the other. Enough to make Nigeria proud!.

Shigemo:

As far as I know (and if I understand your question) Makinwa has never played for Nigeria at any level.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Paveman wrote:Gadfly: I admit although I have followed Makinwa, neither have I ever watched a full game involving the lad. It is quite difficult (impossible) to catch live Serie B games. However, I have seen many highlights during his stay in Como, enough to have a good impression of the lad. I like him because although he is big and strong, he has good feet and is quite fast. For me, those are the characteristics of the perfect all round attacker.

Now that he is in Serie A, I will get to watch him often. Modena- Inter should be a classic with Martins on one side and Makinwa on the other. Enough to make Nigeria proud!.

Shigemo:

As far as I know (and if I understand your question) Makinwa has never played for Nigeria at any level.
I have seen him play several times for Como.
Without a doubt, I believe he has what it takes to be a critical factor in the Eagles strike force - even though he is still on his learning curve.

To me, he is MUCH better than Agali (who I believe is a grossly overated player!), as he possesses more ball skills, speed and a more physical presence as a striker. I also believe he is better in the air!

Unfortunately, because he hasn't 'paid his dues', no one is giving him the light of day. The kid would soon become Naija's most dominant striker! It's only a matter of time...
shigemo
Egg
Egg

Post by shigemo »

Paveman,
Tank you!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
shigemo
Egg
Egg

Post by shigemo »

Err
Thank you!!
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Thanks for the info.
who no know go know.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Bad news for Makinwa. Modena have just brought in former Italy striker Massimo Marazzina. I hope he does not find himself on the bench. Anyway, in my opinion, Makinwa has all the potential of becoming a regular. He's already laid a stake on that shirt with his first performance last sunday. let's hope his good run of form continues.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

P-Man,

Let's hope so. We should be bringing these guys to the attention of our LCs.
KOC and IK-Man, we need some interviews on these boyz.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

If he's as good as espoused,then he should be tried out for the u-23.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

The next U-21 squad would need these guys in the line up. The earlier we start giving them the recognition, and start integrating them in our age-grade teams, the better, and the less likely we would need to pressure them like Martins was pressured.
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Paveman,

Thanks and lets hope he keep his shirt. I rarely get impressed with new and coming Nigerian players. Not even Martins get my eyebrows raised but I was the other day(it comes from observing and coaching the game).
Paveman wrote:Bad news for Makinwa. Modena have just brought in former Italy striker Massimo Marazzina. I hope he does not find himself on the bench. Anyway, in my opinion, Makinwa has all the potential of becoming a regular. He's already laid a stake on that shirt with his first performance last sunday. let's hope his good run of form continues.
femi
Egg
Egg

Post by femi »

Stephen Ayodele Makinwa is a product of Barrister Churchill Oliseh's FC Ebedie, they play in the pro-league and are based at Shagamu. He moved to Italy on the same deal that took Obafemi Martins to AC Reggiana but eventually landed at a regional club. From there, the next that was heard about Makinwa was that he was on trials with AC Milan but his manager preferred a deal with AS Como for him istead. He first played for Como in 2002 when they were in the second division, but they loaned him back to Reggiana when he helped them gain promotion. When they came down to Serei B they called for him again, but he was bought by Genoa and they held joint ownership of the player. He was actually wanted by AS Roma and Parma, but Modena came from the blue to grab his transfer.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gadfly have to agree with your analysis.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Thanks for the info boys, its getting perkier, soon the world will pucker up and kiss our azz
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Paveman, u want Makinwa to disgrace u the way martins did???