Dangote lavishes Eagles with $800,000 reward

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Dangote lavishes Eagles with $800,000 reward

Post by AreaDaddy »

Africa’s richest man Aliko Dangote has rewarded the Nigeria Super Eagles with a gift of $800,000 for reaching Sunday’s AFCON final.

Two-time champions Nigeria have marched to the championship game in Johannesburg against fellow West Africans Burkina Faso after they last featured in the final in 2000.

A statement from the Dangote group of companies said their chief executive rewarded the team as part of his company’s corporate social responsibility to promote sports development in Nigeria.

“Dangote has always demonstrated commitment to the government and people of Nigeria. We are happy over the gesture shown to the players and the coaching crew. It is an example for other well-meaning Nigerians to follow,” commended Nigeria sports minister Bolaji Abdullahi.

Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi set the ball rolling when he donated $100,000 to the team after their opening Group C match against Burkina Faso.

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan is expected to watch the final on Sunday, while over a dozen executive governors and top government officials are also headed for South Africa to cheer the team.

Nigeria last won the AFCON in 1994 in Tunisia.

Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi is also poised to become only the second person after Mahmoud Al-Gohary of Egypt to win the continental top prize as a player and as a coach.

Winners of Sunday’s final will also represent Africa in next year’s FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil.
http://www.mtnfootball.com/africa/afric ... agles.html
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Aj1211
Egg
Egg
Re: Dangote lavishes Eagles with $800,000 reward

Post by Aj1211 »

Isn't the Confederations Cup this year?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Aj1211 wrote:Isn't the Confederations Cup this year?
Yes, in June.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

bushboy wrote:
Aj1211 wrote:Isn't the Confederations Cup this year?
Yes, in June.

The Journalist is stuck in 2012.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Nonsense. Instead of supporting them during preparation, everyone is trying to associate with the 'success'. Dangote and go should give money to the NOC to prepare for the next Olympics instead of looking for the limelight when medals are won
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

wanaj0 wrote:Nonsense. Instead of supporting them during preparation, everyone is trying to associate with the 'success'. Dangote and go should give money to the NOC to prepare for the next Olympics instead of looking for the limelight when medals are won
The baba tried o, that is a lot of money. He got A for effort now...
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

wanaj0 wrote:Nonsense. Instead of supporting them during preparation, everyone is trying to associate with the 'success'. Dangote and go should give money to the NOC to prepare for the next Olympics instead of looking for the limelight when medals are won

Money that could be used for development of the game in Nigeria. Good pitches/stadia.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Riversboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Riversboy »

It's a free country. People are allowed to contribute to what they THINK is important.

Dangote thinks this is where his money is best spent.

Anyone who disagrees can go invest in pitches or academies, etc.

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

When you arr uP, winning or making mOney, everyone is your friend.
When you are Down, you become NFL ( No Friends Left).

Make our Eagles & Coaches Chop belle full as much as they can . They deserve it. We all have our day in the Sun.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

balo wrote:

Money that could be used for development of the game in Nigeria. Good pitches/stadia.
It's his money, he can do whatever he wants with it!
Peter Obi For President 2023
nellcarter
Egg
Egg

Post by nellcarter »

Misplaced priority and money miss road. Instead, why not use the money fix the local league and develop new talents in the process.

AreaDaddy wrote:
Africa’s richest man Aliko Dangote has rewarded the Nigeria Super Eagles with a gift of $800,000 for reaching Sunday’s AFCON final.

Two-time champions Nigeria have marched to the championship game in Johannesburg against fellow West Africans Burkina Faso after they last featured in the final in 2000.

A statement from the Dangote group of companies said their chief executive rewarded the team as part of his company’s corporate social responsibility to promote sports development in Nigeria.

“Dangote has always demonstrated commitment to the government and people of Nigeria. We are happy over the gesture shown to the players and the coaching crew. It is an example for other well-meaning Nigerians to follow,” commended Nigeria sports minister Bolaji Abdullahi.

Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi set the ball rolling when he donated $100,000 to the team after their opening Group C match against Burkina Faso.

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan is expected to watch the final on Sunday, while over a dozen executive governors and top government officials are also headed for South Africa to cheer the team.

Nigeria last won the AFCON in 1994 in Tunisia.

Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi is also poised to become only the second person after Mahmoud Al-Gohary of Egypt to win the continental top prize as a player and as a coach.

Winners of Sunday’s final will also represent Africa in next year’s FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil.
http://www.mtnfootball.com/africa/afric ... agles.html
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

Riversboy wrote:It's a free country. People are allowed to contribute to what they THINK is important.

RB.
...you dey mind our mindless people...if he do na trouble ...if he no do na trouble...what a bunch...? like you said oga River, "Dangote thinks this is where his money is best spent"...so be
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Metho scorpion wrote:
Riversboy wrote:It's a free country. People are allowed to contribute to what they THINK is important.

RB.
...you dey mind our mindless people...if he do na trouble ...if he no do na trouble...what a bunch...? like you said oga River, "Dangote thinks this is where his money is best spent"...so be
Of course it is his money and he is free to spend it as he wishes.

However waiting till when they get to the final before associating with the team says a lot.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Thank you, Aliko Dangote!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

wanaj0 wrote:
Metho scorpion wrote:

RB.

However waiting till when they get to the final before associating with the team says a lot.

Some of us don't want to associate with losers! :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...money miss road rich Nigerians. 800 grand can go a long way to developing youth football in Nigeria, fixing bad field, etc :roll: :roll:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

1naija wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Metho scorpion wrote:

RB.

Some of us don't want to associate with losers! :D
Maybe we should associate with them so that they will not turn to losers. See how Keshi is helping Yobo not to end his career as a LOSER!

Maybe if Aliko and co had helped Siasia, his career may have taken a different turn from that of a LOSER.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Babalawo wrote:
balo wrote:

It's his money, he can do whatever he wants with it!

So true. But the culture should change. We should build nations/communities instead of individuals.

Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

wanaj0 wrote:
Metho scorpion wrote:

RB.

...My oga Wanj0...u right by your word...my thing is we can always give him credit...the money he gave, I assume is for where they are now regardless of the final result...that is where I am looking at it sir...
wale
Egg
Egg

Post by wale »

balo wrote:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

It is not an attack on Dangote but more about our approach. We don't believe in preparations. Look at the FG delegation going to RSA. What did they do to help the team get to where they are.

No one is helping with preparation for Olympics. Come 2016 we will start to promise money to winners as if money is the only source of motivation.

Metho scorpion wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Metho scorpion wrote:

RB.

...My oga Wanj0...u right by your word...my thing is we can always give him credit...the money he gave, I assume is for where they are now regardless of the final result...that is where I am looking at it sir...
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

...sad sir...but thats the Naija approach and the ones that can do it better never get to the position...putting money aside for Olympic now is feeding some that are going to steal it by re-diverting claim...I do agree with what you saying Oga...
wanaj0 wrote:It is not an attack on Dangote but more about our approach. We don't believe in preparations. Look at the FG delegation going to RSA. What did they do to help the team get to where they are.

No one is helping with preparation for Olympics. Come 2016 we will start to promise money to winners as if money is the only source of motivation.

Metho scorpion wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Metho scorpion wrote:

RB.

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Kpom!!!

I believe yo uave been seeing the full page advert of corprate and even political organizations associating with the SE. If SE wins as I hope, they will go ballistic next week. They all want to eat from the finished product but less thana few of them are concerned about the development of the raw materials.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe