Okocha's Master Period

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

northAfrican
Egg
Egg
Okocha's Master Period

Post by northAfrican »

I am not one to base a serious opinion of a player on just one game. Neverthelesss, a good game can provide the occasion to put in a words something that I have been musing over with regard to a player. And I have been thinking that JJ is entering into what can be termed a master period. In the arts this is the part of the artist's life where he gives up his self love and strives for something greater than himself. JJ was a rascal in the early nineties. He lived to steal those moments of freedom where he dribbled through the entire opposing team and got an entire contenant dizzy keeping track. He was doing this, I think, for his own pleasure as an artist. He saw the world from the eyes of a youngster who sold oranges in his home twon but ascended above that through a love affair with a ball. He knew he was special and was still not yet over that. He then went through his goal of the year in the Bundesleage and his displays for Nigeria and so on as we all here know. Now he knows that he has to please his managers, his coaches, his country, win games when he has to, juggle tasks, please everyone, in order to have his place in history and he is doing it with Bolton. Taking a lowly team and making an impact that is felt all through England and now straddling his duty in Africa and his club's desire to be in the Millenium stadim. Today he went in and did what it takes. Just another game in the collection which, in the unwritten history of African soccer, is called Okocha's Master Period.
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

I like this bobo... Spoken like a true poet! :lol: :lol:
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

No mind this fake north african. He sounds like one of us.
True talk though and i give Jay Jay his due.
I just hope he's already in the plane to join the SE.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Very well articulated. I hope he displays this mastery in Tunisia.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Northafrican i was a fan of U,but because of this thrash u just posted i have to say UR bloody awful. :twisted:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

JJ's late coming to the ANC is completely forgiven. Let him go (to Tunisia) and sin no more.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Amazing what a good game can do. If only Kanu could have done the same thing, but then again, lightening doesn't strike twice in the same place. The SE can't have 2 dynamic players playing at the very top of their game at the same time. Sorry Kanu shriners, especially you Robbynice 8).
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Thats the problem with u guys,u let games like this change ya judgement on a useless player!PapaK i hope say u carry ya shrinning remain for Indiana :mrgreen:
Last edited by omey2k4 on Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
PapaK
Egg
Egg
x

Post by PapaK »

omey2k4 wrote:That the problem with u guys,u let game slike this change ya judgement on a useless player!PapaK i hope say u carry ya shrinning remain for Indiana :mrgreen:
if someone performs like this close to the start of ANC, it can only give us encouragement. Sorry, I came to Chicago with all of my shrining arsenal.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

Like fine wine, JJ keeps getting better and better. With age.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I am still waiting for EW to upload the video clip. EW, I dey wait o.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Naija fan wrote:Very well articulated. I hope he displays this mastery in Tunisia.
northafrican, good job,

my man, Jay Jay will sure deliver in Tunisia.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Northafrican,

You speak the truth. Manager Sam Allardyce has run out of complimentary endowments on JJ. He said last night that JJ is the greatest player that ever played for Bolton and that goes as far as Nat Lofthouse who played in the '50s against english greats like Billy Wright and Stanley Matthews. Bolton today ranks as the most entertaining team in the EPL and this set of players might be remembered for years to come. they are on the verge of winning their first silverware since 1958! Even the english players like Kevin Nolan, Simon Charlton and Nicky Hunt are playing out of their skin. I'm surprised nobody is chanting "Nolan for England".

JJ has completely outdone himself and I cannot see him leaving this team. Youri Djorkaeff, 35, is already considering extending his contract by another year. Allardyce has so many backroom staff attending to the needs of his players and who knows having been exposed to this level of skill, he might become an international coach after life at Bolton.

I hope JJ has kept some of those skills for CAN. If CAF does not give him the 2003 player of the year now, then I want to know who is better than oga in Africa.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Well written .
who no know go know.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

omey2k4 can you kindly desist from posting your disgusting links on this site. At the moment I'm seroiusly fighting tooth and nail to have you seen off this site. You pervert.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051