Di Canio Breaks into his Old Club to Vandalise Office

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Di Canio Breaks into his Old Club to Vandalise Office

Post by wiseone »

Di Canio is a nut! :shock:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... indon-raid

Paolo Di Canio has been accused of carrying out a midnight raid on his old Swindon Town office and tearing down pictures of his time as manager. The Italian reportedly entered the County Ground stadium in the early hours of Thursday morning, using keys he had kept after resigning on Monday.

Di Canio and three members of his coaching staff were allegedly captured on CCTV entering the office and removing the mementos of his 21 months in charge. The League One side are believed to have changed the codes on the stadium entrance and replaced the locks to the office to prevent any repeat. They have declined to comment, as has Di Canio, but it is understood they have not passed the matter on to police and will not take further action.

The incident is the latest in an eventful week for Swindon. Di Canio resigned on Monday evening citing "broken promises" over the sale of the winger Matt Ritchie to Bournemouth and claiming his position had "become untenable" with continuing uncertainty over the club's ownership.

Di Canio's former assistant Fabrizio Piccareta oversaw Tuesday's 3-1 win over Tranmere Rovers as Swindon moved top of the table, but Piccareta announced after the match that he and the other members of Di Canio's backroom staff would also be stepping down.

There was better news for the club on Thursday as the takeover by Jed McCrory's local consortium was completed to safeguard Swindon's future. There had been speculation that McCrory was hopeful of persuading Di Canio to return as manager, but that appears unlikely after Di Canio's latest actions. The senior players Darren Ward and Tommy Miller have been put in caretaker charge and both are expected to start against Preston on Saturday.

Di Canio was appointed Swindon's manager in May 2011 and led them to promotion from League Two as champions last season. But the 44-year-old former West Ham, Celtic and Sheffield Wednesday forward frequently clashed with players and the club hierarchy during his time in charge, as the success on the pitch was matched with drama off it.

In August 2011 he was caught on camera scuffling with the striker Leon Clarke following their Carling Cup exit to Southampton and last September he branded Wes Foderingham "the worst professional he had ever seen" after substituting the young goalkeeper 21 minutes into a game against Preston.
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Di Cnaio Breaks into his Old Club to Vandalise Office

Post by platinum »

Original craseman.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Di Canio Breaks into his Old Club to Vandalise Office

Post by wiseone »

Remember this?

[/video]

[/video]

Di Canio gives the most entertaining interviews.
In the second interview he made some great points. He said that just because the player is a GK, does not immunise him from being substituted. He is a player just like the other 10 players. He asked why the GK should not be subbed. Is it bc "he wears a different colour shirt?"

I loved how he told fans who don't agree with him to come to Swindon's ground if they are bot happy and he will refund them their season ticket prices. He also told them to go and support Swindon's local rivals Oxford Utd if they don't like how he manages the team. I like how he said that SAF would have fought one of his players had they done that to him. :rotf:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He is a character!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Bloody racist piece of $#%. The fact that he is a manager when the likes of Paul Ince is struggling to hold on to a gig tells you all that is wrong with football.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Was he not the same guy with the Hitler salute after a goal when he was still a player? :( :(
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

100%Naija wrote:Bloody racist piece of $#%. The fact that he is a manager when the likes of Paul Ince is struggling to hold on to a gig tells you all that is wrong with football.
He is a racist but a far better manager than Paul Ince. He took Swindon up from division 2 and they are currently top of division 1 under his management.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

realtrouble wrote:
100%Naija wrote:Bloody racist piece of $#%. The fact that he is a manager when the likes of Paul Ince is struggling to hold on to a gig tells you all that is wrong with football.
He is a racist but a far better manager than Paul Ince. He took Swindon up from division 2 and they are currently top of division 1 under his management.
... He claims he is fascist!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Africans love guys like him.. They relate better with him...
Last edited by MI5 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Yes CMS... He is the one...

CMS wrote:Was he not the same guy with the Hitler salute after a goal when he was still a player? :( :(
Soldier of Fortune...
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

All i know is that Di Cannio is a crazy dude! Complete lunatic.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

All i know is that Di Cannio is a crazy dude! Complete lunatic.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

LEAGUE ONE...everytime he says, that I want to die laughing.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I loved it when he invited fans who disagree with him to come down to the stadium so he can personally refund their season ticket money to them. Then he also advised such fans not to bother turning up to watch his team, but to instead go to watch their rivals! :rotf:
Tbite wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

LEAGUE ONE...everytime he says, that I want to die laughing.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It's a pity the guy is racist.

The guy's character na die.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Tbite wrote:It's a pity the guy is racist.

The guy's character na die.

Racist? He's a fascist, not worse than many on this forum in all honesty.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”