Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53669
Location: United Kingdom
Midfielder Adrien Silva has finally joined Leicester City, after the Premier League club missed the deadline to sign him in August by 14 seconds.

Fifa rejected the 28-year-old's move from Sporting Lisbon in the summer as the paperwork arrived too late.

The Portugal international has been training with Leicester throughout the winter to maintain his fitness.

His £22m deal was completed on Monday, but he is not eligible for the Foxes' home match against Huddersfield.

Speaking about the four-month wait for the move to be approved, Silva said: "When you have a period like this, it's very up and down.

"You have to keep a positive mentality and that's what I've tried to do. I've kept my mind focused on my job and what I love to do."

Silva, who was born in France, has won 20 international caps and was part of the Portugal squad that won Euro 2016.

"It's been very frustrating, but now the difficult times are past me and I'm very happy to be close to my goal," he told LCFC TV.

"I've been working hard every day to arrive at this moment and I'm in good shape.

"It's been very important to keep training because it's a long time not playing. There is nothing better than the game."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/42533449

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 14561
He's an attacking mf, it mean nothing to our players. Might actually be good for Nacho

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 pm
Posts: 534
Unless he is a great passer of the ball, scoring two goals in three years wont cut it at LCFC unless you can play defense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 42127
Nothing. No one is benching Ndidi in his current form, and he is not in competiton with Nacho and/or Musa.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53669
Location: United Kingdom
Let us assume this guy is a great passer/playmaker who can orchestrate things in the last third, Leicester could go into the second half of the season looking like this:


**********************************Vardie*****************************************

***************Albrighton/Gray********************Mahrez*******************

****************************************Silva**************************************

*************************Ndidi********************Iborra**************************

***Fuchs*************** Maguire**************Morgan**************Simpson***

***************************************Schimechel********************************

Looks pretty formidable to me. Musa clearly has to move on and as per Kelechi, his only hope is to start playing better than Gray and Albrighton!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2061
Ndidi is untouchable.
He will likely compete with Okazaki. The only thing it means is that

BTW Slimani starts, no Vardy in sight, while Iheanacho is on the bench (but so is Ulloa).

One thing is obvious - at least one striker needs to go, because Leicester can't even give one second-choice striker proper playing time, but they have three.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:39 am
Posts: 14111
Location: Houston, Texas.
So just because 1 Nigerian is a starter and two are bench warmers in a useless bottom of the table English league, man no go hear word?

_________________
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53669
Location: United Kingdom
Undertaker wrote:
So just because 1 Nigerian is a starter and two are bench warmers in a useless bottom of the table English league, man no go hear word?



Are you reading yourself? Leicester are former champions and currently in eighth position.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2061
Undertaker wrote:
So just because 1 Nigerian is a starter and two are bench warmers in a useless bottom of the table English league, man no go hear word?


Leicester at 8th... Far from bottom of the league.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 7874
Lmao @ “let us assume!” :lol: that’s the level of discuss in CE nowadays! Wow! :lol:

Anyway, Adrien Silva is a CM. He is like Joao Moutinho, a CM with playmakng abilities and hustle. With Puel, he can either play in front of Iborra and Ndidi or bench Iborra. He doesn’t have the capacity to replace or bench Ndidi

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2061
Ndidi is unbenchable. The DM is now also the last position where Leicester needs any backup or upgrade.\

The only reason Leicester would replace him is because some big club jumps in to buy him out for big cash.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2061
Slimani did OK, but no goal.
Pretty obvious that Adrien Silva will get a run out, but a big chance we'll see Iheanacho as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2061
Ndidi meanwhile in beast mode for Leicester.
At one point I even saw the Huddersfield midfielders running away from him :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 42098
Location: Akoko Highlands
What would you say if "Lester" loses Mahrez this January?

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 2061
Ndidi with two posts in two game. Hope he finally gets his goal :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 7874
marutimon wrote:
Ndidi meanwhile in beast mode for Leicester.
At one point I even saw the Huddersfield midfielders running away from him :)


Ndidi is still not of the caliber of Jake Livermore. :D

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12468
Location: USA
I watch Leicester a lot. NBC seems to have a thing for their games. I reckon Ndidi and Schmeichel are the most secure members of that team...even more than Vardy sef

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 12468
Location: USA
I watch Leicester a lot. NBC seems to have a thing for their games. I reckon Ndidi and Schmeichel are the most secure members of that team...even more than Vardy sef

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53669
Location: United Kingdom
Untouchables in the Leicester team

Kasper Schmiechel
Wes Morgan
Harry McGuire
Wilfred Ndidi
Javed Maheez
Jamie Vardie

Everyone else is fighting for five slots

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:03 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:18 pm
Posts: 9336
Mahrez is leaving, this window or come summer transfer window. He and Vardy rumored transfer is the reason Leicester keep stocking up on strikers

_________________
Image
“When you’re in an argument with a thug, there are things much more important than civility.”- Benjamin DeMott


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Posts: 408
Ndidi is one of the players in our NT that is safe at his club. Silva would either play as the furthest forward midfielder in a midfield 3 or as a CM ahead of Iborra. Iborra lacks pace and better suited as a CM than a DM. Leicester don't have a quality back up for Ndidi.

He is the player I'm least worried about. I actually think Ndidi will get picked up by a bigger club in England or Europe. Iheanacho and Musa need to move as they won't get playing time at Leicester.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53669
Location: United Kingdom
TheHitman47 wrote:
Ndidi is one of the players in our NT that is safe at his club. Silva would either play as the furthest forward midfielder in a midfield 3 or as a CM ahead of Iborra. Iborra lacks pace and better suited as a CM than a DM. Leicester don't have a quality back up for Ndidi.

He is the player I'm least worried about. I actually think Ndidi will get picked up by a bigger club in England or Europe. Iheanacho and Musa need to move as they won't get playing time at Leicester.


Moving does not guarantee they will get playing time either.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Posts: 408
He may not get as much playing time but where he's at he will have a lot of playing time.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ANC, balo, Benedict Iroha, Google [Bot], Nkume and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group