Oh Messi Me!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Oh Messi Me!

Post by tfco »

Coach wrote: Eto'o, Ronaldinho et al equally had Xavi and Iniesta, Messi has and continues to sh*t on and wipe his hide with all their records clad in the same colours.
and when he changes colours, he reverts to Bruce Banner abi.

disclaimer - he is almost the all-time top goal scorer in Argentina and is the top scorer in 2014 WCQ's

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ronaldinho changed colours and reverted to a binge drinking Ngozi Ezeonu!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Coach wrote:Ronaldinho changed colours and reverted to a binge drinking Ngozi Ezeonu!
...prior to that he lobbed David Seaman....or was it David James :D

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Seaman...superb pseudo-fluke goal, marked his ascension to greatness. He reached the heights, then slid right down to the bottom on one of the fattest Brazilian backsides since a Kash n Karry NSFW Rant and Rave. Should be up there now, still pulling strings, he is, but in strip clubs.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Coach wrote:Every great player in the history of the game has been afforded a great supporting act, relative to those times. Lotthaur Mattheus, the Kaiser, backed up by worldly greats. Cruyf had Jan Peters and Rudi Krol, quality. Was Platini playing alongside dropouts? What of the supportinig cast for Pele in 1970, front to back, arguably amongst the finests of all time. Then theres Cristiano Ronaldo, did he play for the make weights of English football? Was high supply line not, Giggs, one of the Premier Leagues greats, Paul Scholes, one of the best passers of ball there is, Wayne Rooney, England's talisman.

...Who has achieved playing alongside mediocrity? None of them plied their trade alongside the Rory Delaps and Robbie Savages. They played with quality and were quality. Just as steroids dont make the weightlifter 'wedge' as the corner boys call it, the pass doesn't score the goal. Eto'o, Ronaldinho et al equally had Xavi and Iniesta, Messi has and continues to sh*t on and wipe his hide with all their records clad in the same colours.
Tevez, Aguero, Cambiasso, Zannetti, Di Maria, Milito, Higuain, Mascherano etc. were hardly mediocre and far better than what Maradona played with at any level talkless Napoli. We just want to see what Messi can do without Xavi and Iniesta whom would probably still win with Shaun Wright-Phillips. We're not just talking about playing along side top players, we're talking playing with the best players in the world for 6 years. There's a reason Messi came out and said he's hoping to make a name for himself back home when he leaves Barca.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Coach wrote:Seaman...superb pseudo-fluke goal, marked his ascension to greatness. He reached the heights, then slid right down to the bottom on one of the fattest Brazilian backsides since a Kash n Karry NSFW Rant and Rave. Should be up there now, still pulling strings, he is, but in strip clubs.
The goal wasnt a fluke for all the pseudo on it. He was exhausted - private life style and the demands his fame made of him from adverts to matches ..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

felarey wrote:Tevez, Aguero, Cambiasso, Zannetti, Di Maria, Milito, Higuain, Mascherano etc. were hardly mediocre and far better than what Maradona played with at any level talkless Napoli. We just want to see what Messi can do without Xavi and Iniesta whom would probably still win with Shaun Wright-Phillips. We're not just talking about playing along side top players, we're talking playing with the best players in the world for 6 years. There's a reason Messi came out and said he's hoping to make a name for himself back home when he leaves Barca.
3 myths here.

1. Argentina 86 was Maradona and 10 others. Pumpido, Jose Luis Brown, Ruggeri, Burruchaga, Hector Enrique, Valdano, etc were world class.

2. Napoli was Maradona and 10 others. Ciro Ferrara, Fernando De Napoli, Alemao, Zola, Careca, etc were world class.

3. Spain is Xaviesta and 9 others. Casillas, Xabi Alonso, David Villa, David Silva, Sergio Ramos, Pique, etc will beg to differ.

PS: The context of Messi making a name back home is more likely to do with the fact that he has lived in Barcelona since 13, and he was talking about playing in the Argie league.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

People are T-Paining too much. Spain front to back are quality, Xabi Alonso alone would walk into any national side, John Obi's Nigeria included, somebody please say mba and not Sunday. Shows how little people look outside of a name, Pele's 1970s side was made up of George Elokobis. If Messi is doing it with worldly greats, someone please tell me what Pele did with the sh*t squad around him? The Brazil of the 70s is a team for all times that could compete in any era.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

tfco wrote:
Coach wrote: Eto'o, Ronaldinho et al equally had Xavi and Iniesta, Messi has and continues to sh*t on and wipe his hide with all their records clad in the same colours.

disclaimer - he is almost the all-time top goal scorer in Argentina and is the top scorer in 2014 WCQ's and is only 25 years old. There will be a lot more records to be broken for both Argentina and Barcelona.....
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

B!GGESTMAN wrote:
tfco wrote:

disclaimer - he is almost the all-time top goal scorer in Argentina and is the top scorer in 2014 WCQ's and is only 25 years old.
There will be a lot more records to be broken for both Argentina and Barcelona.....]
world Cup Winner.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

cic old boy wrote:
felarey wrote:Tevez, Aguero, Cambiasso, Zannetti, Di Maria, Milito, Higuain, Mascherano etc. were hardly mediocre and far better than what Maradona played with at any level talkless Napoli. We just want to see what Messi can do without Xavi and Iniesta whom would probably still win with Shaun Wright-Phillips. We're not just talking about playing along side top players, we're talking playing with the best players in the world for 6 years. There's a reason Messi came out and said he's hoping to make a name for himself back home when he leaves Barca.
3 myths here.

1. Argentina 86 was Maradona and 10 others. Pumpido, Jose Luis Brown, Ruggeri, Burruchaga, Hector Enrique, Valdano, etc were world class.

2. Napoli was Maradona and 10 others. Ciro Ferrara, Fernando De Napoli, Alemao, Zola, Careca, etc were world class.

3. Spain is Xaviesta and 9 others. Casillas, Xabi Alonso, David Villa, David Silva, Sergio Ramos, Pique, etc will beg to differ.

PS: The context of Messi making a name back home is more likely to do with the fact that he has lived in Barcelona since 13, and he was talking about playing in the Argie league.
What can Messi achieve with world class Argentina players? He's only that great when he's playing with the best players in the world not just world class players. I'm talking top 4 players in the whole wide world. Players he's been with for almost 15 yrs. Let him carry Fletcher and Carrick to 3 back to back league titles and back to back CL finals then we're talking. Even a decent showing with Argentina would be nice. They even had the tourney right there in his backyard at home and the result was a huge mess!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

felarey wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
3 myths here.

What can Messi achieve with world class Argentina players? He's only that great when he's playing with the best players in the world not just world class players. I'm talking top 4 players in the whole wide world. Players he's been with for almost 15 yrs. Let him carry Fletcher and Carrick to 3 back to back league titles and back to back CL finals then we're talking. Even a decent showing with Argentina would be nice. They even had the tourney right there in his backyard at home and the result was a huge mess!
Why can't Ronaldo carry Real Madrid to back to back CL finals and 3 back to back league titles? Aren't Xabi Alonso, Özil and the hardly mediocre di Maria and Higuain not good enough?
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you are a joke and a loser, so what did Cron do at united in 2 back to back Champs league finals?
kofi86 wrote:
felarey wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
3 myths here.

Why can't Ronaldo carry Real Madrid to back to back CL finals and 3 back to back league titles? Aren't Xabi Alonso, Özil and the hardly mediocre di Maria and Higuain not good enough?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

felarey wrote: What can Messi achieve with world class Argentina players? He's only that great when he's playing with the best players in the world not just world class players. I'm talking top 4 players in the whole wide world. Players he's been with for almost 15 yrs. Let him carry Fletcher and Carrick to 3 back to back league titles and back to back CL finals then we're talking. Even a decent showing with Argentina would be nice. They even had the tourney right there in his backyard at home and the result was a huge mess!
Many things wrong here.

1. Messi is just 25, arguably arriving at his peak. Diego and Zizou won WCs at 26. You sound like you expect Messi to carry a team when he hadn't reached his peak. He has only recently been made captain of his national team. He has grown in the role and it has reflected in performances.

2. While Barca win b/c they have great players, they also win b/c they have a great philosophy, a system honed over 30 years, there is continuity, the coaching is first-rate, etc. So unlike your simplistic take on things, there are many variables that explain Barca's successes that may not exist in the Argie NT. People claimed a team like Barca didn't need a coach, until they saw what happened in Tito's absence. Maradona won the WC while being coached by Carlos Bilardo - a serial winner in club football. It is very likely that Maradona wouldn't have won the WC with a Maradona as the coach. But you would rather blame Messi for Argentina's failures.

3. Argentina had a decent showing at the 2007 Copa America - silver medal.

4. Your comment about Carrick and Fletcher doesn't really merit a response. It is like saying Pele isn't all that b/c he played with Gerson, Rivelino, Jairzinho, Tostao, Carlos Alberto. He should have tried carrying Nobby Stiles and Alan Ball instead.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rubbish, Pele won the worldcup at 17
cic old boy wrote:
felarey wrote: What can Messi achieve with world class Argentina players? He's only that great when he's playing with the best players in the world not just world class players. I'm talking top 4 players in the whole wide world. Players he's been with for almost 15 yrs. Let him carry Fletcher and Carrick to 3 back to back league titles and back to back CL finals then we're talking. Even a decent showing with Argentina would be nice. They even had the tourney right there in his backyard at home and the result was a huge mess!
Many things wrong here.

1. Messi is just 25, arguably arriving at his peak. Diego and Zizou won WCs at 26. You sound like you expect Messi to carry a team when he hadn't reached his peak. He has only recently been made captain of his national team. He has grown in the role and it has reflected in performances.

2. While Barca win b/c they have great players, they also win b/c they have a great philosophy, a system honed over 30 years, there is continuity, the coaching is first-rate, etc. So unlike your simplistic take on things, there are many variables that explain Barca's successes that may not exist in the Argie NT. People claimed a team like Barca didn't need a coach, until they saw what happened in Tito's absence. Maradona won the WC while being coached by Carlos Bilardo - a serial winner in club football. It is very likely that Maradona wouldn't have won the WC with a Maradona as the coach. But you would rather blame Messi for Argentina's failures.

4. Your comment about Carrick and Fletcher doesn't really merit a response. It is like saying Pele isn't all that b/c he played with Gerson, Rivelino, Jairzinho, Tostao, Carlos Alberto. He should have tried carrying Nobby Stiles and Alan Ball instead.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

this is for all those who started watching football since messi
SuperEagles

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

cic old boy wrote:
Many things wrong here.

We're talking the best player in the world and some claim he's the greatest of all time and you're here discussing his age, coaching etc.? What is there to wait for if he's said to be the greatest of all time? Anyway, you're right that the philosophy and support system in place at Barca makes him great unlike outside Barca. He's so so comfortable there. :)

The Carrick and Fletcher analogy is relevant when we're discussing a universal performer that doesn't rely on having the best players in the world around to be great. Xaviesta can win the WC and Euros back to back with Messi on his couch watching on big screen tv.

Messi was a youth in 2007, at that time Ronaldo had played a Euro final and WC Semis. What happened in the Copa played in Messi's hometown? HOT MESS! (not Messi :taunt: )

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:laugh:
SuperEagles

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Rubbish, Pele won the worldcup at 17
:lol: :lol: :lol: People like you should be seen and not heard.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol: post pics , i do not understand
cic old boy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Rubbish, Pele won the worldcup at 17
:lol: :lol: :lol: People like you should be seen and not heard.
SuperEagles

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

felarey wrote: We're talking the best player in the world and some claim he's the greatest of all time and you're here discussing his age, coaching etc.? What is there to wait for if he's said to be the greatest of all time? Anyway, you're right that the philosophy and support system in place at Barca makes him great unlike outside Barca. He's so so comfortable there. :)

The Carrick and Fletcher analogy is relevant when we're discussing a universal performer that doesn't rely on having the best players in the world around to be great. Xaviesta can win the WC and Euros back to back with Messi on his couch watching on big screen tv.

Messi was a youth in 2007, at that time Ronaldo had played a Euro final and WC Semis. What happened in the Copa played in Messi's hometown? HOT MESS! (not Messi :taunt: )
He is the best player in the world, but football is a team game.

He has every right to be comfortable at Barca. He joined them at 13. The entire ethos of a club is to make its players comfortable in order to get the best out of them.

There is no such thing as a 'universal performer'. The football is round, the grass is green, the goal is the same size, but there are many other variables that affect results even if you produce the same level of performance in different settings. Messi could play well for Argentina and lose and play poorly for Barca and win.

Xaviesta needed the type of support network I described to win the WC and Euros. If Messi had taken up Spanish nationality you wouldn't be having this argument. The likes of Arbeloa are WC/Euro winners. Take him out of that situation and he would be exposed as an average player. I doubt if Xaviesta would win the WC with England or Argentina.

Fake Ron playing in Euro final and WC semis had more to do with the likes of Rui Costa, Figo, etc. This is Big Piggie kindergarten logic.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

cic old boy wrote:
felarey wrote: We're talking the best player in the world and some claim he's the greatest of all time and you're here discussing his age, coaching etc.? What is there to wait for if he's said to be the greatest of all time? Anyway, you're right that the philosophy and support system in place at Barca makes him great unlike outside Barca. He's so so comfortable there. :)

He is the best player in the world, but football is a team game.

He has every right to be comfortable at Barca. He joined them at 13. The entire ethos of a club is to make its players comfortable in order to get the best out of them.

There is no such thing as a 'universal performer'. The football is round, the grass is green, the goal is the same size, but there are many other variables that affect results even if you produce the same level of performance in different settings. Messi could play well for Argentina and lose and play poorly for Barca and win.

Xaviesta needed the type of support network I described to win the WC and Euros. If Messi had taken up Spanish nationality you wouldn't be having this argument. The likes of Arbeloa are WC/Euro winners. Take him out of that situation and he would be exposed as an average player. I doubt if Xaviesta would win the WC with England or Argentina.

Fake Ron playing in Euro final and WC semis had more to do with the likes of Rui Costa, Figo, etc. This is Big Piggie kindergarten logic.
Ah ok, I get it now. There'll be no argument if Messi had been Spanish aka played international footy with Xavi and Iniesta. :thumbs: That's brings me to my initial point...I agree Messi (with Xavi and Iniesta) is great but what about Messi?

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

felarey wrote:Ah ok, I get it now. There'll be no argument if Messi had been Spanish aka played international footy with Xavi and Iniesta. :thumbs: That's brings me to my initial point...I agree Messi (with Xavi and Iniesta) is great but what about Messi?
Maybe we are talking about different games. In football you need a great supporting cast to do great things. Messi is no exception to that rule.