Oh Messi Me!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet
Oh Messi Me!

Post by spastic »

Perhaps the greatest player of all time has done the unthinkable again :o He has scored in 19 straight La Liga games. In the process he has scored against every La Liga club in a row. There never was any doubt in my mind (and you can check the record as far back as 2006) that we were all witnessing greatness in realtime. And with every passing day and record shatter, the obvious is becoming clear even to the blind

Whether you choose to lie to yourself or not, is really a matter of personal choice, and a problem I generally can't help folks with. But Lionel Messi is a 2014 World Cup victory away from being the undisputed greatest player to ever grace this planet.

Oh, and Just For the record. Go Ahead, Bookmark this. Save it. And be sure to bring it up In August of 2014. Argentina wins. Messi is Most Valuable Player. And the discussion of "yes he is/No he's not" stops!

Yeah, I said it. And I ain't taking it back!!!

:idea:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Oh Messi Me!

Post by Skylolo »

It is not the goals that make Messi the greatest for me, it is his overall versatility as a forward that does it for me and the sheer amount of memorable goals he scores; No player has ever scored this many goals and so many great ones too..... There was a pass he made to Tello yesterday before Tello cut back for him to score....the pass was better than the goal.

I was one of the doubters at the start but right now all I can say is I am happy this little fella played in my time. He is the best I have seen for sure....
To God be the glory
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Skylolo wrote:It is not the goals that make Messi the greatest for me, it is his overall versatility as a forward that does it for me and the sheer amount of memorable goals he scores; No player has ever scored this many goals and so many great ones too..... There was a pass he made to Tello yesterday before Tello cut back for him to score....the pass was better than the goal.

I was one of the doubters at the start but right now all I can say is I am happy this little fella played in my time. He is the best I have seen for sure....
Sometime we interject Oba Martin's height, or lack of it, to his difficulty in finding the net lately. But I always say to myself: "Messi isn't taller either, but look at what he does with the "giants" standing in the midfield and defense of his opponents! Dice then, 'messi-merise' them and scores like it is going out of style."

Couldn't Martins re-tool his skills from watching Messi?
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

I dont know why but i just not a fan of Lionel Messi even though i admit he is the best player currently playing :sad: I dont like his style much
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Igugu wrote:
Skylolo wrote:It is not the goals that make Messi the greatest for me, it is his overall versatility as a forward that does it for me and the sheer amount of memorable goals he scores; No player has ever scored this many goals and so many great ones too..... There was a pass he made to Tello yesterday before Tello cut back for him to score....the pass was better than the goal.

Sometime we interject Oba Martin's height, or lack of it, to his difficulty in finding the net lately. But I always say to myself: "Messi isn't taller either, but look at what he does with the "giants" standing in the midfield and defense of his opponents! Dice then, 'messi-merise' them and scores like it is going out of style."

Couldn't Martins re-tool his skills from watching Messi?
My brother...

There are many players who will like to re-tool their skills and be like Messi, e no easy at all. For starters Messi can play at walking pace in midfield, can speed it up like no other, can slow it down and play other people in like the best midfielders, can power it in from 25 yards if he has to, can head the ball our boy Obafemi cannot do these things, his first instinct when he has the ball is to use his pace to create a yard on the opponent.

Messi is unbelievably talented but he was also lucky enough to end up at La Masia, a football academy that teaches players how to make the most of their talent with the education they provide to young players.
To God be the glory
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

If he fails to win at least ONE WC, he will be classified with the likes of Weah!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

wanaj0 wrote:If he fails to win at least ONE WC, he will be classified with the likes of Weah!
Oh please! Messi would remain the best that ever played the game....world cup or no world cup!
How many Ballon D'or did George Weah win? :roll:
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

and after all these , scoring in laliga , bobo still couldn't score one simple penalty against chelsea.... kai 8 games not a single goal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Bigpokey24 wrote:and after all these , scoring in laliga , bobo still couldn't score one simple penalty against chelsea.... kai 8 games not a single goal
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ... and so far unable to lift Argentina to any meaningful achievement while the back-end crew already lifted Spain. La Liga is not the world!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:and after all these , scoring in laliga , bobo still couldn't score one simple penalty against chelsea.... kai 8 games not a single goal
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ... and so far unable to lift Argentina to any meaningful achievement while the back-end crew already lifted Spain. La Liga is not the world!
oboy the thing weak me oooo
SuperEagles

Bim
Egg
Egg

Post by Bim »

When he turns up agaist this guy next year summer am sure he would have no "Messi" on him

I sure hope we are in the same group

nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I hear what you are saying, but bear in mind that Messi is playing in an era where he has never had to be tackled by Gentile, Tardelli , Terry Butcher or the butcher of Bilbao
spastic wrote:Perhaps the greatest player of all time has done the unthinkable again :o He has scored in 19 straight La Liga games. In the process he has scored against every La Liga club in a row. There never was any doubt in my mind (and you can check the record as far back as 2006) that we were all witnessing greatness in realtime. And with every passing day and record shatter, the obvious is becoming clear even to the blind

Whether you choose to lie to yourself or not, is really a matter of personal choice, and a problem I generally can't help folks with. But Lionel Messi is a 2014 World Cup victory away from being the undisputed greatest player to ever grace this planet.

Oh, and Just For the record. Go Ahead, Bookmark this. Save it. And be sure to bring it up In August of 2014. Argentina wins. Messi is Most Valuable Player. And the discussion of "yes he is/No he's not" stops!

nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

nanijoe wrote:I hear what you are saying, but bear in mind that Messi is playing in an era where he has never had to be tackled by Gentile, Tardelli , Terry Butcher or the butcher of Bilbao
spastic wrote:Perhaps the greatest player of all time has done the unthinkable again :o He has scored in 19 straight La Liga games. In the process he has scored against every La Liga club in a row. There never was any doubt in my mind (and you can check the record as far back as 2006) that we were all witnessing greatness in realtime. And with every passing day and record shatter, the obvious is becoming clear even to the blind

Messi can only play against the players on the pitch.....
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Boring, boring thread. :boo: :boo:

Let him go to another country.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Goldleaf wrote:Boring, boring thread. :boo: :boo:

Let him go to another country.
And what will happen? You cant take away his records unfortunately.....
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

nanijoe wrote:I hear what you are saying, but bear in mind that Messi is playing in an era where he has never had to be tackled by Gentile, Tardelli , Terry Butcher or the butcher of Bilbao

No, he has had to play against defenders who are much better atheletes, who are faster and arguably stronger! Terry who????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

A barcelona legend he is.. He needs to win with Argentina.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Aj1211
Egg
Egg

Post by Aj1211 »

papparassi Sport wrote:A barcelona legend he is.. He needs to win with Argentina.
It'd be nice for him to win a world cup, but that doesn't take away the fact that he's the greatest footballer of his generation (and possibly ever).
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

He is the best that has ever played the game. For people that like football, (I'm not talking about 'team fans' - Am talking about 'football fans',) it is a joy to watch him play.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what you just wrote makes no sense.. so scoring goals left and right in La-iga makes you the best footballer in the history of the game :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: the likes of Pele, Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradona all fall below messi??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: i have read it all on CE. we should include Henrick Larson as the best footballer, cos he scored so many goals , week in week out in the SPL, scoring against all SPL teams as well . :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Al B Sure wrote:He is the best that has ever played the game. For people that like football, (I'm not talking about 'team fans' - Am talking about 'football fans',) it is a joy to watch him play.
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

But the real question is, can he do it on a wintry night at Stoke?
http://www.naijiant.com/
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

For his generation Yes, but not the greatest ever.
Al B Sure wrote:He is the best that has ever played the game. For people that like football, (I'm not talking about 'team fans' - Am talking about 'football fans',) it is a joy to watch him play.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:I dont know why but i just not a fan of Lionel Messi even though i admit he is the best player currently playing :sad: I dont like his style much
My guy, it has nothing to do with football. Admit it, you hate Barca. It started when Rijkaard was fired. You said Guardiala was a poor replacement. Oh, how wrong you were! I suspect being so wrong increased your hatred and you started searching for new excuses to justify the hate. Your hate got worse when Pep shipped off Ronaldinho and Eto'o. You threw yourself into Borinho's bosom as a result. Quit the hating and start appreciating. You know it makes sense.

PS: Everything I wrote above is in the CE archives. :wink:
http://www.naijiant.com/