Cameroon have got team spirit problems

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

In agreeing with Mister Dolly,we have not had a Minister's interference in team captain selection.The process is undertaken by the players,and the election of Okocha/Kanu as captain and vice was virtually unanimous prior to the WC.Factors like seniority,influence on and off the pitch,and demeanour,all come into play.Okocha is captain for obvious reasons,while Kanu's vice-captainship continues his leadership role from the Olympic team.Waiting in the wing to take up leadership of the Super Eagles after World Cup 2006-Joseph Yobo and Julius Aghahowa(who have both captained Nigeria in a few matches).Talk about stability in leadership.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oboong, you are spot on. That is about the only thing we do right.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

obong itatex wrote:In agreeing with Mister Dolly,we have not had a Minister's interference in team captain selection.The process is undertaken by the players,and the election of Okocha/Kanu as captain and vice was virtually unanimous prior to the WC.Factors like seniority,influence on and off the pitch,and demeanour,all come into play.Okocha is captain for obvious reasons,while Kanu's vice-captainship continues his leadership role from the Olympic team.Waiting in the wing to take up leadership of the Super Eagles after World Cup 2006-Joseph Yobo and Julius Aghahowa(who have both captained Nigeria in a few matches).Talk about stability in leadership.
Itatex, I believe MD was talking about Cameroon. Actually, it is generally Paul Biya that appoints the captain.
AYALA
Egg
Egg

Post by AYALA »

Ayo Akinfe

How many players are to be registered for nation cup? I read this in punch that CAF had increased the number from 22 to23. Can u confirm this
no shaking
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Ayo,I know MD was talking about Cameroun.I am simply juxtaposing Nigeria's relative democratic process of captain selection,as opposed to the Camerounian regular government interference.That much is clear!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

AYALA wrote:Ayo Akinfe

How many players are to be registered for nation cup? I read this in punch that CAF had increased the number from 22 to23. Can u confirm this
For this tournament it is 22 but as from 2006 it will be 23.
junior
Egg
Egg

Post by junior »

They have very talented and professional players. I believe that they will do the job on the field.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

junior wrote:They have very talented and professional players. I believe that they will do the job on the field.
That is true but no one likes this distraction. Beleive you me, it has a way of getting through. That is not to say, however, that Cameroon will not do well in Tunisia.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Ayo, where did you read that Paul Biya appoints Cameroon's captains?
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo, you are making too much of this. It is nothing when compared to the past.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Mboma
Egg
Egg

Post by Mboma »

omey2k4 wrote:Ayo this not interesting at all,hope U find a better thing to post.Another waste of browsing time again!
i second that...this guys is a looser!
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Ayo: This problem will only go away if and when they win. God forbid if they lose any group matches katakata go burst for the camp.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

I am surprised that Mbape was suprised at Ayo being suprised by Cameroon's Camp squabbles :D
fung67
Egg
Egg

Post by fung67 »

Furiously Frank,I would like to share your point.If Cameroon loose on Sunday then I feaar for my beloved Lions.
"We know there are known Unknowns;that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also Unknown Unknowns-the ones we know we don't know".
DONALD RUMSFELD.
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Mandoza wrote:The Cameroonian CE's may correct me if I am wrong but it it seems to be something of a tradition for the IL's to go into a competition squabbling about one thing or the other, but thats never stopped them from conquering the opposition on the pitch.
I would not read too much into this if I where you Ayoakinfe.
We always squable. The only time we really went into a tourney without much brou-ha-ha was the confeds. Hope we overcome it though.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:We Africans just love pressing the self-destruct button! Why does Schaffer just not appoint Eto'o, Gerremi, Tchato or Mettomo as vice captain and let them sit down and sort this matter out once and for all.
Schaffer is equally spineless infront of the Bidoung Mkpatt (minister).
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Actually, if we loose on sunday, i will have a lot of pity for the next two teams. The lions would be coming to kill.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"